Howard the Duck Event Schedule *Updated (1/26/17)

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awesome, this should be run every three months. We need more Howard.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    Anyone remember how big the Webbed Wonder vault was and how many Howard covers were in it?
    It's think it was a standard 80 item vault with one Howard cover.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Howard...yay!

Venom Bomb...boo!

icon_cry.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 3/5/4 Howard will be happy. And championed. Probably.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Brigby wrote:
    Edit: Actually what do you mean by "Earn Howard" in Venom Bomb. Will he be T100 placement or the standard T10?
    EDIT: Howard's event will be treated like a new release event, so he will be given out to the top 100 people per leaderboard.

Sorry for the confusion everyone![/quote]

Oh goody...so I can get one more cover for him again...

Howard's harder to get than Devil Dino...

[Nexus Edit]: I understand that he'll be given out as top 100 placement but...that was my point. Top 20 will get two covers. 21-100 wil get one.
    So that was my point. I'll get ONE cover since he's being treated like a new release. See my mildly ranty topic if you want details =)
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    The First time around there was a special one off opportunity to win Howard via Deadpools Daily Quest.
    I think his opponent was 4* Punisher.

Can this opportunity be made available again ?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why even run a Duck "season" without the Duck PVE to break up the regular PVE routine?

Oh, and having the guranteed duck node in it doesn't hurt things....

Also, like others have mentioned, why not also have a Duck Clash while it's running?
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Why even run a Duck "season" without the Duck PVE to break up the regular PVE routine?

Oh, and having the guranteed duck node in it doesn't hurt things....

Also, like others have mentioned, why not also have a Duck Clash while it's running?

Erm, "Webbed Wonder" is Howard's special PVE, that's how's it called.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd be happy to earn some more covers for my 1/1/1 Howard since he's been sitting my roster gathering dust. However, I'm afraid it will probably be only one or two max, just like previous seasons. Meh, have to take what I can get, I guess.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    He'll be the 4* essential for Webbed Wonder, so (presumably) players at a high enough SCL can earn him thorough progression too.
  • smkspy
    Only thing I'm hating about this is that venom bomb will essentially be another new release event. And assuming we have another 4 star on schduele, that will be back to back to back weeks of new releases.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I do like his PvE. To be honest I like any PvE with wave nodes as they rain tokens. My Howard is 2/1/2 so covers won't hurt there either.

He's a meh character, but this will be the first PvE cycle where I have 3 championed boosted 4*, which should be fun.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy wrote:
    Only thing I'm hating about this is that venom bomb will essentially be another new release event. And assuming we have another 4 star on schduele, that will be back to back to back weeks of new releases.
    I suspect the next release will be another fivestar/threestar combo release. Possibly Baron Mordo through Strange Sights.
  • Is there any chance he will be added to legendary tokens only during these events?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    smkspy wrote:
    I suspect the next release will be another fivestar/threestar combo release. Possibly Baron Mordo through Strange Sights.

I assume we'll get Mordo through Strange Sights, but fairly certain he's a 4*. With his accidental spoiler drop in Nefarious Foes, I think he was listed among the 4* characters, not at the top with the 5*s. I could be misremembering, I can't find the image this second.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope there's a relatively easy way to get all three of Howard's covers. I'll be sad if I end up winning a bunch of Howard purples only and then have to throw most of them away. I really hope that I can champion him this time! I have him at 11 covers.. I'm so close!!!

Also I agree that this one time, it would be nice to give covers to top 250 players and alliances. Looks like instead, we'll have to hit at least 1.5 progression and go nutz to even hope for the smallest chance of winning one.

Well, hopefully because it's VB, people won't try as hard.. ?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, my useless 1/1/2 will be a useless 2/2/3. Woohoo?
  • smkspy
    firethorne wrote:

I resemble that remark, lol. Maybe by the end of 2017 we'll both have him covered!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Mine's 2/2/3... shooting for as many as possible this time around without trying to T10...
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    My Howard is level 168 3/3/2, here's hoping I get him champed or at least fully covered! SWEET!