• 3 random 3-stars
  • 2500 iso
  • 1000 iso
  • 3 elite tokens
  • 11 random 2-stars

Prices:
  • 1,000 HP for 5 tokens
  • 3,600 HP for 20 tokens (clears vault)

This breaks the trend of each vault only containing the first color of the character. This is a higher tier character than we've had recently, anyone partake? I have a 5/4/2 4-star Cyclops so I'll wait until the end of the week if I end up stumbling upon one of his covers through other means.

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nope.

Needs to have a single pull option and/or better prices.

Also my 1/5/3 would have much preferred the red cover, I might, MIGHT, have been tempted by that.

Still have the same 2 problems here:
    - Need to have a reset option or some what to get the 4* color you want need.
    - Need a single pull and/or better prices.

TL;DR - These still suck.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    If clearing the vault was 1.5k, it'd be a consideration now and then for the handful I don't have covered. 3.6k is laughable.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    If clearing the vault was 1.5k, it'd be a consideration now and then for the handful I don't have covered. 3.6k is laughable.
    If clearing the vault was 1.5k, someone would be out of a job, or the game wouldn't be around much longer. It used to cost 2.5k to buy a specific 4* cover. A specific 4* with all the extras for 1k less. Also, with champion character rewards, shield intercepts, SCLs, etc., it is much easier to make HP now. If you need the 4* cover, it isn't a terrible price. If you don't, you don't have to buy it.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I already have him championed. It's too expensive just to gain one more champion level. The single pulls were so fun! This is ridiculous, though. I already win tons of 2*s, don't need to win 10 more of them for the cost of 1000 HP!
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not interested. I might be interested if it would give me a final cover for a character (not Cyclops as he is championed) that I hope to champion (say Peggy or... nope, nobody else). I am not sure I would pull the whole thing even then. I would if it would coincide with a rotting cover in the cue to save 120 CP. This seems like an only option they get my 3600 HP. Highly unlikely scenario.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I already have him championed. It's too expensive just to gain one more champion level. The single pulls were so fun! This is ridiculous, though. I already win tons of 2*s, don't need to win 10 more of them for the cost of 1000 HP!
    I'll be skipping this one too, but I could see myself emptying out a vault if the fourstar cover was one I needed.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    I feel like these vaults aren't a universal bargain but seek more of a niche market. If I had a 5/5/2 Cyclops I'd absolutely jump on this but I don't think someone with a 2/2/2 Cyclops should be buying these, at least in their current state. I think most people who are looking for that last cover would rather spend 3,600HP than 120CP for the final cover.

I stated in the other thread, I think a great course of action would be to come out with three vaults with each of the three covers for the character of that week and keep the prices the same (or maybe bump the vaults to 21 spots and make a 1 time pull really cheap). This would keep the appeal to that niche market and if someone wants to go wild and spend ~10K on getting three covers for one character, that's great for them. I don't think it would really overcover the populace, just really help people trying to get that last cover a reliable (though expensive) option.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I see no reason to ever utilize these vaults EXCEPT when the 4* cover offered is the final cover you need to champ a character. Before and after that point, it doesn't really make much sense to me. The other prizes aren't that good AND you're paying a premium.

And yes, I do realize I'm just repeating what everyone already said/knows. Sometimes I just want to feel like one of the cool kids. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    gravel wrote:
    If clearing the vault was 1.5k, someone would be out of a job, or the game wouldn't be around much longer. It used to cost 2.5k to buy a specific 4* cover. A specific 4* with all the extras for 1k less. Also, with champion character rewards, shield intercepts, SCLs, etc., it is much easier to make HP now. If you need the 4* cover, it isn't a terrible price. If you don't, you don't have to buy it.

It's also worth considering the relative value of the 4*s. It is now much easier for many players to obtain a 4* character AND w/ the introduction of the 5*s, the top-tier 4*s are much less valuable, so the cost of the 4* cover should reflect that (deflation). Personally, I don't think 1.5k is a great deal, but might consider it for certain characters.

Of course, the purchase prices in this game have always been funky. Is 3.6k for a guaranteed 4* really any worse than 10-16k for a 40-pack? Sure you get a LT, but what are the odds of pulling the 3 or 4 4*s you'd need to get to justify that purchase v. the Vault? I've had 40s that spit out a single 4* and one that even spit out TEN 4* covers. Lesson is that people love gambling.

"A boat's a boat, but the mystery box could be anything...it could even be a boat!"
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    The other covers are pretty good and while my Cyclops is max covered and level 188 I think 5/3/5 would be better than 5/4/4
    but I'm a bit low on HP right now so may pass

besides I "only" need another 225k to Champ him
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bit and emptied it. My 5/4/4 Cyclops has literally been that build for at least 6 months now with no other covers coming my way since. That blue was important. The vault also consisted of a Strange cover too which rewarded me a LT. The other 2* covers were of use also so all in all this vault was worth it for me this time around.
  • Quebbster
    I bit and emptied it. My 5/4/4 Cyclops has literally been that build for at least 6 months now with no other covers coming my way since. That blue was important. The vault also consisted of a Strange cover too which rewarded me a LT. The other 2* covers were of use also so all in all this vault was worth it for me this time around.
    I take it championing Cyclops was not an option for you?
  • Nick441234
    Quebbster wrote:

I could do if I wanted to, but I dont. I only raise my 4* levels as my 3*s catch them. Maxed 4* is currently at 210 with my highest 3* at 205.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    with him already champed, I don't plan on buying it. I agree that I would buy a vault if it contained an elusive 13th cover for a character. I would also consider buying if the vault contained a higher level character that has been hard to come by for me. Someone like Teen Jean, Hulk Buster (except his red), Peggy yellow, or even Moon Knight would be enticing to me. As it stands, I was fortunate enough that my only 4* champs are good ones, with my "worst" being Cho.

I think they finally recognized that the vaults need to be higher quality characters that people have more covers of. Though I wouldn't mind more 4* Carol or Medusa covers, they are so lowly covered right now that I wouldn't waste the HP. This was a step in the right direction. If they won't give us single pull options, then at least make the prizes more enticing.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster wrote:

I could do if I wanted to, but I dont. I only raise my 4* levels as my 3*s catch them. Maxed 4* is currently at 210 with my highest 3* at 205.
    Check. Cyclops is quite excellent, but I completely understand not wanting to upset your character balance.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm. So more price testing. Clearly they were unhappy with the single-buy vaults as too many people got covers for cheap. But it also looks like they didnt sell nearly enough 10-packs with their last pricing scheme.

Take the lesson from this people! If you dont like this price, then dont buy it, even if you couod afford it and want the cover! (Well, maybe if it wouod be your 13th cyc cover and you have been stalled at 12/13 for months! He is really good).
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Same issue here! Spending 1000 HP for a 25% chance to pull another champion cover is too expensive (even tough I could afford it).
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    I can't every see a vault like this being worth it.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2017
    gravel wrote:

"In my day, we had to walk 5 miles one way, in the snow, with plastic bags on our feet to get to school!".

Who cares what used to be, it's what it is now. 4* covers aren't worth what they were and charging like they are premium isn't going to work.

Add a 5* instead of a 4* to that vault and watch the number of purchases sky rocket.

Every week these posts say the same things, most people aren't buying because the value isn't there.
  • Nick441234
    Quebbster wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Check. Cyclops is quite excellent, but I completely understand not wanting to upset your character balance.

As someone who isn't bothered about 5*s and effectively making my 3*s useless, I'm more than comfortable only moving up my 4*s as my 3*s catch them. This way my 3*s can still always be used. It'll be quite a long time until the 3*s force me to start champing 4*s so that final blue cover has huge value to me since the only way I was going to get him respecced to 5/3/5 was by receiving that blue in a token.

This is the only circumstance I'll be emptying these vaults though. I'd do the same for a green Ice Man too, as he's sat at 4/5/3 for almost as long now.