New Year - New 4* Captain Marvel!

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Josh Austin: If you are unable to find an Iron Man version to fight with, we are working on one that may actually work well with her in future that we can’t reveal yet.

So, no Sabertooth, Gambit, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Cable, Bishop, Kitty Pryde, Apocalypse, Onslaught. Edit for Skrimgeour: and Dazzler And even if we're going to say Fox licenses are off limits and stick to Disney's MCU, we still have no Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Jessica Jones, Killgrave, Diamondback, Yellowjacket, Whiplash, Mandarin, Iron Monger, Killian, Lash, Agent Coulson, Deathlok, Ronan, Agent 13, Mockingbird.

And a third Cap Marvel and fifth Iron Man is the new hotness that we're supposed to get excited about? A new Iron Man that will probably rely heavily on countdowns at that? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    Also, RE: 4* Carol, do we have many black/yellow/green characters? Especially where the green is passive? That should fit in nicely on many 4-star teams.
    black yellow green - xfw, 4venom, storms, and bolt. none are green passives.

active black yellow with 3rd passive include hood, wasp, cage
  • Skrimgeour
    Skrimgeour Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    and Dazzler darnit. Dazzler!! Dazzler, Herald of Galactus.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I like the character, I put her new look down as the variant I wanted in the surveys. Still early but she seems like a pretty nice support character. Cheap powers, a countdown that creates strike tiles and does good damage when it expires. You could force it to 0 for 5 yellow, also improve existing tiles when any countdown tile goes off. Passive that generates ap based on enemy matches. Seems fun and useful.
    Surprised its not timed around the movie, but that is still a couple years away, I'm glad we won't have to wait.

Also said a new feature will be added. Sounds like it should be a big deal, they said it would make everyone happy
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    So another CM and it ISN'T Captain Mar-vel....the original nemesis of Thanos....not sure what they were thinking? And another Iron Man??? Please no.....
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    mega ghost wrote:
    Also, RE: 4* Carol, do we have many black/yellow/green characters? Especially where the green is passive? That should fit in nicely on many 4-star teams.
    black yellow green - xfw, 4venom, storms, and bolt. none are green passives.

active black yellow with 3rd passive include hood, wasp, cage

I should have been more specific, I meant specifically in 4*-land. I completely blanked on XFW and Venom. That said, unless they get rebalanced neither are particularly valuable teammates. XFW is only ever really useful when he's boosted.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Black/Yellow/Green is not a color combination I expected from Captain Marvel.

Not sure how I feel yet about Energy Manipulation. If she's only generating AP when the enemy matches its strongest color, it may sit fallow for long stretches.
    Yeah, would have expected Blue instead of Green. Is Mr. Fantastic the only blackflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png Legendary? I think he is. Would have been a nice spot for her, opposite from Rulk or X-23 if you're making a rainbow pair.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Am I the only one looking at the image of her pointing her finger in the air with her mouth open and thinking:

"OBJECTION!!!"

The spiky hair doesn't help, either. XD
  • Shinigami
    Shinigami Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    zodiac339 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Is Mr. Fantastic the only blackflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png Legendary? I think he is.
    Wasp has that colour combo
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Shinigami wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Is Mr. Fantastic the only blackflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png Legendary? I think he is.

Who??
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I'm psyched for this Danvers! I'm hoping the Iron Man variant they are working on is Ironheart!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shinigami wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:
    Ah, thank you for reminding me. So yeah, blackflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png would be a better spot for her. Unless Mr. F comes up with a good rebalance soon. Perhaps his heal could work regardless of who matches like Medusa?
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    "We are also working on our process to [ensure] more general testing is getting done and we also want to facilitate more community requests. Sorry we can’t be too specific until we lock something down..."

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha! More testing, riiiiiiiiiiight. Except for R117 of course. And probably every other update after that.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    I never even bothered champing her 3-star version, although I was considering doing it soon for the Peggy champ rewards... or will those now be reassigned to 4-star Carol

I just hit the first Peggy cover from the champion reward. It will be a while before I hit the next so if it does change, no big deal. Probably won't even have the 4* championed by then so either cover will be useful
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    While I'm typically not thrilled with variants, it will be nice to finally have a Carol Danvers that I actually want to put on a team. I never even bothered champing her 3-star version, although I was considering doing it soon for the Peggy champ rewards... or will those now be reassigned to 4-star Carol?

See, logically, 3* would feed 4*. But I have a feeling everything would burn if they removed Peggy's Champion feeder right before folks started getting her yellow at 223.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Alfje17 wrote:
    BigRussian wrote:
    We are also working on our process to [ensure] more general testing is getting done

Yep, looks like a lot of testing went into R117 icon_twisted.gif

ANY testing would probably qualify as "more" testing at this point.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alfje17 wrote:
    BigRussian wrote:
    We are also working on our process to [ensure] more general testing is getting done

Yep, looks like a lot of testing went into R117 icon_twisted.gif

They have a cunning plan, they are treating R117 as a baseline, so any subsequent release is bound to have more testing done on it. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    irwando wrote:
    They ask us who we want to see and give us more variants.

It won't make you feel any better, but she was in the works well before the latest character survey.

They do seem to be rather random with some of these recent releases, you would think that both yet another variant of her or the recent Thanos release would have made more sense nearer to a movie where they featured or at the very least near a new Marvel movie release.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    X-Force and Venom, currently. None with a passive Green. Green passives are pretty rare in general.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Crowl wrote:
    irwando wrote:
    They ask us who we want to see and give us more variants.

It won't make you feel any better, but she was in the works well before the latest character survey.

They do seem to be rather random with some of these recent releases, you would think that both yet another variant of her or the recent Thanos release would have made more sense nearer to a movie where they featured or at the very least near a new Marvel movie release.

So you'd want them to wait for a year and a half for Thanos, and over 2 years for Carol?

Remember that character releases also have synergies with the actual comics in addition to the movies. I believe someone has said that Thanos got his own comic recently, and this Carol is coming right after the end of Civil War II, in which she was basically "the major player" along with Iron Man, who we're getting another variant of soon.