New Year - New 4* Captain Marvel!

BigRussian
BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Looks like the new character being released this week is 4* Captain Marvel!

"Carol will be available and featured in Deadpool vs. MPQ on January 5, in the Vault Story Event happening on January 8, and the Versus Event called Flight and Fight starting on January 12."

Also some new juicy info:

"Happy New Year! We are busy working on a few features in 2017, including one that should be coming very soon that will improve the overall player experience and hopefully makes everyone very happy. We’ve gotten some really good feedback in our recent in-game survey and we hope to get started on some fun new events in 2017 based on the info we have received.

We are also working on our process to [ensure] more general testing is getting done and we also want to facilitate more community requests. Sorry we can’t be too specific until we lock something down, but players will have plenty to be happy about this year and we have more great characters coming soon!"

Read more over at Marvel.com https://news.marvel.com/games/57497/piecing-together-marvel-puzzle-quest-captain-marvel/

Sounds like a new Iron Man will be in the works as well icon_e_wink.gif

Comments

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Have you been waiting for another Carol Danvers to take into battle?
    No
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    The ability to reduce any countdown to zero for 5AP sounds fairly interesting strategically. Thinking about it now, wondering how well it would work with countdowns that stay on the board like Flame Jet.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Josh Austin: If you are unable to find an Iron Man version to fight with, we are working on one that may actually work well with her in future that we can’t reveal yet.

WHO IS ASKING FOR MORE VARIANTS OF THE SAME OLD CHARACTERS???

I love this. They ask us who we want to see and give us more variants. They say they want to test more on the day they release a patch that has serious flaws. Seriously, why does anyone pay for this?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Looks nice... definitely unique skill set.
    Cant wait to find whether she works with Red Hulk passive or 3* Blade black countdown skill icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    The ability to reduce any countdown to zero for 5AP sounds fairly interesting strategically. Thinking about it now, wondering how well it would work with countdowns that stay on the board like Flame Jet.

Just wait til she's rolled out and we can test it for them.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    They missed their opportunity to have a Christmas Carol... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

*hangs head* I'll see myself out.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    veny wrote:
    Cant wait to find whether she works with Red Hulk passive or 3* Blade black countdown skill icon_e_biggrin.gif
    If you inflict self damage to activate his red, and spend the 5 ap to knock it to zero it will.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Is "the Vault Story Event" new, or just a placeholder, waiting for the name of the PVE, and thus another typo is that article?
  • ChuckFan
    ChuckFan Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    irwando wrote:
    Josh Austin: If you are unable to find an Iron Man version to fight with, we are working on one that may actually work well with her in future that we can’t reveal yet.

WHO IS ASKING FOR MORE VARIANTS OF THE SAME OLD CHARACTERS???

I love this. They ask us who we want to see and give us more variants. They say they want to test more on the day they release a patch that has serious flaws. Seriously, why does anyone pay for this?

I think that was meant to be a joke ala the current CW2 situation in the comics. You didn't quote the very next line which starts with "In all seriousness..."
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Marvel.com: Carol Danvers gets a powerful update to start the new year!

An "Update" is changing/tweaking the 2* or 3* Carol Danvers abilities, not adding a new variant icon_e_wink.gif
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    broll wrote:
    They missed their opportunity to have a Christmas Carol... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

*hangs head* I'll see myself out.

love this.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,731 Chairperson of the Boards
    BigRussian wrote:
    We are also working on our process to [ensure] more general testing is getting done

Yep, looks like a lot of testing went into R117 icon_twisted.gif
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards

Since those countdown and reset, I imagine it would fire the power an extra time.

I hope they don't put her in the Enchilada alongside Maggia Dons.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    veny wrote:
    If you inflict self damage to activate his red, and spend the 5 ap to knock it to zero it will.
    Yeah, i kinda overlooked the part where they write CD needs to reach 0 thanks to her yellow... never mind icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black/Yellow/Green is not a color combination I expected from Captain Marvel.

Not sure how I feel yet about Energy Manipulation. If she's only generating AP when the enemy matches its strongest color, it may sit fallow for long stretches.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    maybe it'd be nice to have character pages up with info on characters that have been in the game for several weeks now before they cram another one in...
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    While I'm typically not thrilled with variants, it will be nice to finally have a Carol Danvers that I actually want to put on a team. I never even bothered champing her 3-star version, although I was considering doing it soon for the Peggy champ rewards... or will those now be reassigned to 4-star Carol?

Also, sounds like we'll be getting a 4* Riri Williams Iron Man. I haven't read any of that series so I don't know how she would stand out uniquely, ability-wise, but they might play up her genius inventor/engineer traits. If she's meant to contrast Hulkbuster (self-accelerating brute) and War Machine (special tiles / damage), she might be utilized as a solid strategic support character.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, RE: 4* Carol, do we have many black/yellow/green characters? Especially where the green is passive? That should fit in nicely on many 4-star teams.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I don’t mind a variant in this case for Captain Marvel. We knew it was coming at some point because of their movie plans for her, and I do like the character of Carol Danvers, despite Marvel’s truly abysmal Civil War II series that recently concluded (that series made me want to quit Marvel comics all together.)

Heck, I’ll be over the moon if they ever bring in Monica Rambeau, the Captain Marvel I grew up with. icon_e_wink.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    irwando wrote:
    They ask us who we want to see and give us more variants.

It won't make you feel any better, but she was in the works well before the latest character survey.