No-Pull January & Febuary

deadtaco
deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
No-Pull November was both painful and amazing. Opening the horde at the end was the most fun I've had in the game. Getting there was brutal though. So much sitting there waiting to be opened...

Is anyone up for trying this for 2+ months? I am setting just the first two months of the year as my own goal, not sure I could make it much more.

Rules :

Hoard all CP, LT, HP (unless roster spots are needed or shield hopping or other necessary HP things), Tacos regardless of vault contents, Standard, Elite and Heroic tokens.

Event vault tokens are the only ones I will still open as your odds when opening after an event has ended suffer.

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had hoarded 800 CP aiming to try and pull more 5* and it was epic LT disappointing. I got 6 out of 40 pulls which was the correct percent but 2 of them were of colors I already have 5 in and now I am going to have to take on CS to try and get a different color. Hoarding for 2 months just feels like you are holding off progression.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have five 4s that need champing, so I'm gonna try it since I'm iso poor after champing Deadpool and Cyclops.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I've been playing for just over a year, and feel like I'm ready to start moving on to 4 stars (38 champed 3s). I have a few 4 star covers maxed, or they soon will be, so I've been hoarding my tokens for about a month. I also have 900+ cp, so I'm not looking for a set date, just the day I hit 1m+ iso, so I can champ several 4s at one time (hopefully). By the time I hit my iso goal, I should have enough LTs and cp for 200+ pulls (also hopeful, but maybe).

Tl;dr. I'm in.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know, I've never done one of these. I'll do a no-pull January, and if I don't feel too cabin-fevered by it I'll go for February too. But one month might be a better starting point for me.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I will do a modified version of this just cause I need ISO flow and experience. I will horde all LT's and CP, plus any event/heroic token that could give me a 4* I can't use. So if its a vault with all 4*'s I can use, I will open the tokens. I have 4 fully covered 4*'s that need championed this is the excuse I need to horde. I don't know that I will go the entire 2 months, but we will see how it looks when all 4 are championed.
  • Ishigun
    Ishigun Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif I'm in. icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    deadtaco wrote:

Rules :

Hoard all CP, LT, HP (unless roster spots are needed), Tacos regardless of vault contents, Standard, Elite and Heroic tokens.

Event vault tokens are the only ones I will still open as your odds when opening after an event has ended suffer.

Are you clear about this.
    How are we supposed to shield hop without using HP?
  • deadtaco
    Are you clear about this.
    How are we supposed to shield hop without using HP?

I never do it so it never occurred to me. I'll update.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    I've started. Will hoard until a good 5* comes out that makes Thanos look like a punk.
    Or until I can be assured of my 13th Black Bolt cover.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    I am currently hoarding for the Reality Gem Season, as I did for Time Gem Season. What I've been doing is opening all tokens at the end of the season ... except Legendary Tokens (and Command Points). After almost two months (having started with No-Pull November), I've stockpiled 19 LTs and nearly 1200 CP.

Still only about 30% of the way to a statistical likelihood of champing the 3 5* from the Latest Legends, though...
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2017
    I want to max level my roster so I am in for the hoarding.
    My hoard is currently made of :
    token_standard.png : 18
    elitetoken_icon.png : 10
    token_heroic.png : 3
    token_event.png : 4
    token_taco.png : 2 (savory)
    token_taco.png : 4 (sweet)
    token_legendary.png : 3
    commandpointsbig.png : 68
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I'm up for two months of CP/Legendary hoarding. I just opened 900 CP worth, and it's given me plenty of places to spend my iso for the foreseeable future. But when I don't open Elites, Heroics and Tacos, the game loses a lot of its shine. I'm not saving for retirement, here.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have no willpower
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I have started my hoarde. I will just save LT and CP though. Other tokens and such will only add levels to my 3* 2* and 4* which will give me more CP and LT.

My only reason is to blow it all on latest legends because Classics are too diluted right now so odds of getting a black or red OML that I need is rough. I've tracked all my token openings for 2 months and i've got 1 OML and it was yellow dupe. 4 other 5* were useless for the other classics I have at a couple covers.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Nice! I was already planning on doing a modified version of this, so I'm (partially) on board. I'm planning on hoarding all CP and LTs for a while, since it seems to be the only way to reliably break into 5* territory. Since I've got about 20 4* characters at 10 covers or more, though, I still need some sort of 4* cover influx (outside of PvP & PvE progression), so I'm going to continue to open all other tokens.
  • deadtaco
    I tried to empty my stores before the new year, but I left a little bit.

1/1/2017 Hoarding start -

7 token_standard.png
    3 elitetoken_icon.png
    1 token_legendary.png
    56 token_taco.png (Sweet)
    8 token_taco.png (Savory)

179124 iso8big.png
    63 commandpointsbig.png
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm holding commandpointsbig.png and token_legendary.png but all event tokens, tacos, standards are being used as earned. The star.pngstar.png farm must be tended
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:
    I'm holding commandpointsbig.png and token_legendary.png but all event tokens, tacos, standards are being used as earned. The star.pngstar.png farm must be tended

Samesies. Up to 600 CP and 14 tokens.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    xidragonxi wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

Samesies. Up to 600 CP and 14 tokens.

In the same boat. Need the champion system intake too much for xp and ISO proposes to completely go in on hoarding. But the NPJF hoard starts with 16 commandpointsbig.png -- 0 token_legendary.png
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to start saving CP and LT's only but I have a feeling they will close this method off before I get close to pulling enough to whale a 5* or 3.