Roster help, of course

Options

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Decision time again. I have

13 covered Wasp with a cover on the vine.
    13 covered falcap with a cover on the vine.
    13 covered max pun with 183 3 star punisher on the vine.

Also potential,

13 covered spiderwoman
    12 covered gwenpool with two covers on the vine (she's my most pulled 4 star from latest)

Gonna pull a classic today to see if I get that last green gwenpool, but thinking is to champ Wasp since she is good now. Then I have two 144 2 stars to get me back up to 130,000 iso and then decide between falcap or maxpun.

Falcap would just be 280,000 iso so an easy push to champ him whereas maxpun would be 340,000 iso, but maxpun would severe me much better than falcap.

Overall though nearing the halfway point of champing all 4s.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Champed Wasp
    champed max pun
    sold falcap

pulled 14th gwenpool

but also have 3 Mr Fantastic covers dying on the vine.

Really tempted to champ mr fantastic since it feels like I just can't escape his covers even when vaulted. Probably a dumb move if I do as gwenpool is my most pulled 12 and I want to keep pulling to finish off carol.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Spiderwoman - 1 on vine
    Gwenpool.       - 1
    or Agent Venom - 3

Suggestions?
  • smkspy
    Options
    So ended up champing Agent Venom and then Carol too.

Now I'm working on Medusa who has like 4 covers on my vine. Currently at 188,000 iso and hoping to get up to 360k in the 5 days that I have left on my first medusa cover.

Guess I could work on gwenpool or spiderwoman afterwards, but really need to stop opening tokens lol.

Suggestions for good teams with carol for pvp?
  • smkspy
    Options
    Thanks for the team advice,  it's always a quandary of figuring out how to apply a new champ usually takes them being boosted in a pve for me to really get to know them. Like wasp, so amazing, and boy do I miss the countdown bug after the patch.

Definitely can't wait to.use medusa with carol and Jane once I get her champed.

• smkspy
    Options
    So I'm trying to champ medusa with the first cover dying in 4 days. Need 360k and have 300 right now.

Here's the dilemma, I also have 11 2storms right now with the first sting in 6 days. 

Should I stay the course or go ahead and champ storm potentially wasting that first medusa cover? 

I have a 141 magneto that I'm eyeing to get me over the hump for one of them.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Storm covers will always turn up. You got 11 in less than a fortnight, after all.
  • smkspy
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So champed c4ge making him my 23rd 4 champ.

Have blade (1 cover on vine), gwenpool, Spiderwoman, and Riri as my remaining latest 4s to champ.

Pretty ugh forced into hoarding as both coulson and mordo are at 11 covers.

7 vaulted characters still waiting to be champed including Nova, who I will eventually get to, but that's the kicker.

Once you commit to the twelve, champing vaulted characters just makes little sense.

Still need to champ my hawkguy too, but not really.in a rush to do so like thanos or strange.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Champed Bl4de today, basically champing a 4 star a week thanks to selling off 2 star champs.

Really need to work on the 2 star farm now with magneto and thor with multiple covers dying. Hawkguy needs champing too.

But be a lady and pulled a 14th for both gwenpool and riri.

The hamster wheel keeps spinning.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Riri or Gwenpool? 

Have one gwen dying in 2 days, and 2 Riri (both green at 8 & 10 days.) 

Currently at 250,000, with both at level 100, so I need another 160k which I can get from selling two maxed 2s. 

Kinda leaning towards Riri simply because of the two covers and she is slightly younger than gwen. Plus, I need to champ hawkguy and focus on the 2 farm again after this champing.

Thoughts?
  • granne
    Options
    That's a tough one. I have them both champed, and have used them a fair bit in PvE.

Riri isn't as bad as she was initially made out to be, but her health is stupidly low and her blue is useless if there are no special tiles. Both her red and green are excellent, though.

Gwenpool was MVP for me in the Thanos boss fights because of her amazing board control. You get that unchamped, of course, but the damage from her purple is also a decent nuke. Her green AoE is amazeballs, if unpredictable.

I'm not sure any of this is helpful, but, well, I'd struggle to choose in your situation.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'll preface by saying I dont have either champed - I do enjoy using Gwenpool's green (and I echo granne's comments about her purple), but Riri is going to be in tokens for a lot longer than Gwen, so maybe thats the better play?
  • granne
    Options
    Riri is also boosted, and her blue is actually useful against Dark Avengers.

Of the two, Gwenpool is more fun to use, though.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Really feels like a flip of the coin at this point. Each has strong arguments for champing, and if I didn't need to focus on the 2 star farm and hawkguy afterwards, I might consider going after both.

Eh, have a day and 17 hours left on gwen, so I'll wait til the final minute. I just don't want a c4ge situation to where I champ him and end up not pulling anymore champ levels for him.

Gwen is the next to leave when the next season ends, right?
  • smkspy
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Love it when a solution presents itself. Gwen will be the progression reward in the event after Deadpool v mpq. Hopefully a seven day event before the next 4 star release. 

Gonna sell off (maybe respect that green cover dying) and build up the iso over the next seven days to champ riri. Just need 70,000 now. 

I will still have my two 144 2 stars to sell, so they can champ hawkguy, and I also can probably earn enough iso to level up 2 of my farm characters in that meantime. 

By the time that next gwenpool comes up, I'll have a full two weeks to champ her. 

• smkspy
    Options
    Champed riri, making her my 25th 4 star champ. Then pulled a classic foe fun and got my 12th couldon, so makes all the current latest at 8+ covers for me. Iron I fist and C&D at 9 covers.

Then champed ares while selling off moonstone and torch.

At 25 champed 4 stars feel like I'm at the right sweet spot for this phase of the gme. Gonna let the newest go into tokens before using anymore cp.

Now deciding where to boost my 1/5/1 Drax for his crash or save the iso to champ hawkguy.
  • smkspy
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Edit; drunk post
  • smkspy
    Options
    Lovely decision time again, currently at 355,000 iso. 

Gwenpool - 5 covers on vine (8 days first expires)
    Mordo - 6 covers on vine (8 days first expires)
    C&D - 2 covers on vine( 2 days first expires)

Thinking gwenpool since she is leaving tokens after the season least I'll have champed when opening my end of the season hoard. Would probably have to sacrifice 1 mordo, but he would be next since I have five covers remaining. 

Both my c&d covers are black so just roster and sell for 4000 iso.

Otherwise Coulson is at 12 covers, and the two newest  both at 5. Time to start hoarding again.
  • heybub
    heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think overall, Jean is the better character, and the only use I have for Deadpool is with Wolverine.  If you are looking to go PvP, I think Jean would be better, since she is better on defense.  

Then again, you have quite a few 4*s champed, so which one do you like playing with more?
  • smkspy
    Options
    Think you replied to the wrong tread lol. Fwiw I ended up champing gwenpool. Now on to mordo before his seven covers expire.