Roster help, of course

smkspy
smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in Roster and Level Help
Have 7 champed 4s, and 4 of which include iceman, rulk, hulkbuster, and cyclops. So as far as moving into 4*land is concerned, I'm sitting pretty so far.

Currently have the option to either champ Jean grey or deadpool.

Logically I know that jean is the better choice, but deadpool is the essential next pve that will net me a 14th cover...along with, forget the 3 star's name, will soon give send me a 15th cover once they hit 183.

So teen jean or xfp?

Basically I'm looking to improve my pvp experience at this point.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xpool is awesome, particularly when he's boosted. He can just melt the opposition with X-enforcer and Out Of Bullets is a good nuke. I see no problem prioritizing him over Jean right now.
    For PvP purposes Jean is less scary than Rulk and Iceman anyway. She excels in PvE though where she can wipe countdowns off the map like there's no tomorrow.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Agree, I love XFDP for PvP. I use him a lot with OML to climb, even when not boosted. 5* killer.

Jean was a long-term target of mine as I hated playing against her but I would never use her in normal PvP if not boosted. She's a good SSim option though, and like Quebbster said she is a diamond in PvE. She is a joy when boosted.
  • smkspy
    Thanks, guys. Went with deadpool, really like him and already halfway to getting enough iso to champ Jean.

Then the tough choices come. Have ready to champ
    Miles
    XFW
    Chulk

Then 11-12 covers so you never know when they'll ready
    Kingpin
    Starlord
    Venom
    Flaptain
    Punisher
    IW

Just gotta remember that it is a marathon, not a race lol.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I would go with Chulk. He can accelerate Rulk for you or if you have Thoress add charged tiles and give outlet for green.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Of the second list I'd recommend Punisher. He is a big damage dealer and can wipe teams out on his own almost.

He's my next 4* champ, just trying to get enough ISO together....
  • smkspy
    So pulled a 14th Chulk the other day. Champ him and put off Jean Grey for bit or just sell the cover?

With 5 of the top ten 4s already champed kinda feel like I should chase covers when they're an average usable character like Cho.
  • Quebbster
    smkspy wrote:
    So pulled a 14th Chulk the other day. Champ him and put off Jean Grey for bit or just sell the cover?

With 5 of the top ten 4s already champed kinda feel like I should chase covers when they're an average usable character like Cho.
    Champ him and let Jean wait a bit.
  • This is my roster, https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/njanney7/ What changes should I make or should I get rid of anyone? I have a gift card that I am going to use on the game but I was wondering if it is better to level up heroes or to get more new ones?
  • smkspy
    Level up your 2s and champ the ones you can. If you need roster space without buying a slot then Moonstone and Sentry are easy sells.
  • smkspy
    At this rate I'll never champ Jean lol. Have a 14th Kingpin in the RQ and a 14th IW coming from the next PVE. Opinions on which one to champ?

Current champs: fury, thing, iceman, cyclops, deadpool, hulkbuster, rulk, cho, antman

Max covered: teen jean, IW, Kingpin, Reed, Venom, Miles, Flaptain, Elektra, XFW
  • smkspy
    Decisions decisions, still can't decide. I've build up close to 600,000 iso.

Have teen jean that I should champ, but no covers.

But also have
    1 IW expiring in 5 days. She is level 114.
    1 Kingpin expiring in 6 days. He is also level 114.

Then unsurprisingly I've suddenly seen an uptick of doc ock covers from tokens, so he will give me my 14th carnage cover today.

So I'll have carnage to champ at level 120.

I am completely conflicted as to whom I should champ. I leaning more now towards carnage since he is a huge pvp defense character and I'm looking towards building up my 4 star pvp ability.

Suggestions?
  • Quebbster
    Is the Doc Ock cover about to expire? If not, sit on it until it is about to expire and buy yourself a little more time with Carnage.
    Personally, I like both Kingpin and Invisible Woman, so if you can champ all three you should go for it.
  • smkspy
    Yeah, I'm gonna sit on that doc ock cover til it almost expires.

Ended up champing IW first since she is about to expire, now have 230,00p iso left. 6 days to champ Fisk now, but if I don't make it my IW token pulled my 14th Miles (I really need to stop using my LTS and CP until my maxed covered 4s are champed).
  • smkspy
    Gonna need to make a choice between Fisk and Miles. Have 3 days on Fisk and 10 days left on Miles. Pro for Fisk is that champing him would automatically make his crash winnable whereas Miles is already there being a invisible character.

Other than loaner nodes, I have zero idea how they far gameplay wise, but really, it feels like once you get pass 10 champ 4s each new one is only for the rewards.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Kingpin is underwhelming unless you have a combo for his yellow, or need a yellow battery for some other character. Those are worthwhile niches though. Miles is the sort of character that's actually pretty good but his colors pair very badly with everyone he has any synergy with. One of these months they're going to put out a character that goes well with him and he'll shine, but until then he isn't really exciting anywhere. I'd go for Kingpin personally.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kingpin when boosted is actually borderline great. His black is cheap and if you pair him with Switch you always have a countdown to use with it (or purple to fuel his yellow). He works best with good partners but he is a great 4* to have championed.

I would say go for Kingpin. If you want to save the Carnage cover - just sell Doc Oc. I did that with two Falcon covers and never regretted (until RNG gave me Falcap from Heroic... I guess that's karma). That way you can champ Kingpin and hopefully Miles. The ISO intake is roughly 25-27k per day with above moderate play (by that I mean DDQ, 4-6 cleares of PvE, some PvP). If you play hard (simulator - fight low level teams regardless of the points and retaliations - just as ISO mine) you can easily exceed 30k a day. So Championing a 4* in 10 days is a reality.
  • Quebbster
    I support Kingpin too. He's pretty nasty when he's boosted.
  • smkspy
    Thanks guys, was favoring Kingpin myself just need a little convincing since I never use him.

Magic wrote:
    Kingpin when boosted is actually borderline great. His black is cheap and if you pair him with Switch you always have a countdown to use with it (or purple to fuel his yellow). He works best with good partners but he is a great 4* to have championed.

I would say go for Kingpin. If you want to save the Carnage cover - just sell Doc Oc. I did that with two Falcon covers and never regretted (until RNG gave me Falcap from Heroic... I guess that's karma). That way you can champ Kingpin and hopefully Miles. The ISO intake is roughly 25-27k per day with above moderate play (by that I mean DDQ, 4-6 cleares of PvE, some PvP). If you play hard (simulator - fight low level teams regardless of the points and retaliations - just as ISO mine) you can easily exceed 30k a day. So Championing a 4* in 10 days is a reality.

Well I have 3 doc ock covers. But after this champ, I need to focus a little on my 2 star farm as it around 6 characters that I have not been putting iso into lately and then I can return to champing 4s again.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Selling 3 is a bit worse than selling one or two, I agree. Still - Doc Oc is arguably bottom tier for 3* so you don't need him even when he is essential (in terms of the extra 3 levels). Carnage can be good when boosted (as defensive detterent) but you will for sure get his cover soon. I think in this case I would add Doc covers for the rewards, sell carnage in two weeks if nothing happens (like double iso event out of the blue) and keep playing the long game.
  • smkspy
    Yeah, I'm looking to champ carnage purely for pvp defensive aspect. I've got my pve 4s, so every I champ from here on out is with an eye for improving pvp. Never thought he would be someone I would consider champing so early, but 4 star champing really is a different game than 3 star champing.