Roster help, of course

Options

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally champed my Carnage today, and he finished off my bakers dozen of inaugural 4 star champs. Gonna finally champ my teen jean next for lucky 13, then I think just ride the cover train from that point on.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Iso is back up to a little over 300,000 so it's champing time again. Currently at 13 covers:

Mr Fantastic
    Elektra
    Xavier
    Sam Wilson
    Venom
    Miles
    Teen Jean
    XFW- cover 14 in the RQ with seven days left.

Don't know why I keep putting Jean off, maybe it's the lack of a 14th cover. I could champ XFW but I will be doing it strictly for the LT. Likewise, I have two Elektra covers from the daily resupply into the weeks ahead.

Alternatively, I could use the iso to boost these character in anticipation of champing them:

Pun- 12 covers
    Peggy- 11 covers
    Starlord- 11 covers
    X23- 11 covers
    Jane- 11 covers

All hovering at 140-150, basically just clash ready.

You think at 12 champed, the next would be pretty easy to pick but it really isn't.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd champ Jean, if you need a reason, when boosted alongside Scarlet Witch, pve tends to play itself.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jean (even with the nerf to Switch). She is great when boosted and helpful when not boosted (in some cases).

Getting the LT out of Wolvie is ok (but so would be getting it from Electra) but he is low tier. If you feel like you can wait with Jean - go for him. Otherwise go for her and you won't regret (but you might wait till she is boosted).
  • smkspy
    Options
    Ended up going with logan lol. Just need 280,000 iso for Jean which I can get pretty quickly (I've got two maxed 2 stars to sell so that is 130,000 iso on top of the 60,000 I have left).

Probably will go with elektra after her since my remaining 4s aren't all that special (not that Xavier and miles aren't good but champing them won't really add much at this point). Guess I'm just chasing covers with 13 champed 4s.

Kinda the downside of champing 4s once you get into double digits, especially if they you are top tier 4 champs, it becomes less about "omg this character is a game changer" and morphs into "eh, here's another one for the collection." The exceptions being Peggy, Carol, and Medusa, but aside from Peggy whom I have at 11 covers the other two are a long way away from being champed.
  • Magic
    Options
    I guess it's a good decision. Jean will not be boosted for couple of weeks (might be wrong here but I think she was boosted like 2 weeks ago) so you have time to get the iso (maybe even with championing Electra).

I am in the similar boat. 22 championed 4* including all good/great ones. The only 2 missing on the list are Carol D (at 10 covers) and Medusa (7 covers). So I am currently waiting for a 14th cover to arrive and I champion another, whoever it is. I will not invest CP in any cover (probably not even cover 13 for Carol) as they will not be ground breaking. I am sitting at 400k ISO at this stage in the game and I am fine with it. I might open some LT (classics as I don't care for current latest 5* much - only Thanos) if I don't get another target to max in the coming days (be it via PvE progression or PvP). Knowing my luck it's going to be Electra or Mr Fantastic but that is fine. I am sticking to this path and let's see where it takes me.
  • smkspy
    Options
    I swear, this game doesn't want me to champ Jean. Pulled my 13th Max Pun cover and the heroic will give me my 14th through 3 star Pun rewards.

Maybe in two weeks, lol.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy wrote:
    I swear, this game doesn't want me to champ Jean. Pulled my 13th Max Pun cover and the heroic will give me my 14th through 3 star Pun rewards.

Maybe in two weeks, lol.
    Keep the Punish3r covers in your queue until they are about to expire before you apply them. That gives you almost four weeks to get ISO to max P-Max.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    smkspy wrote:

Maybe in two weeks, lol.
    Keep the Punish3r covers in your queue until they are about to expire before you apply them. That gives you almost four weeks to get ISO to max P-Max.

Already have the iso, was just going to use it on jean. Oh well, perfect timing I suppose. I've been wanting a black user with a strong attack anyway, and champing pun I'll have every boosted 4 champed this week (at first).
  • smkspy
    Options
    So champed Miles before Jean since I pulled his cover from the season 10 pack.

Then pulled a jean before she was vaulted. FINALLY champed her this morning.

Now I've got a little under 4 weeks to champ Max Pun, should be easy enough. But my poor 2 farm is feeling pretty neglected right now lol.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Looking max pun will be the new teen jean. 6 days before 182 punisher expires then 183 the day after. Got my 13th Thano3 going in his big enchilada in a couple of days and two dying on the vine.

Also had to put some Iso in my languishing 2 star farm. So champed both daken and storm again. Have carol, obw, and magneto all at 11-12 covers and only level 15.

Think I'll just sell 183 punisher then favorite him whenever I'm ready to champ Max pun. One of the rare instances where this new system really works to my advantage.

After that I just have elektra, falcap, Mr f, venom, and Xavier to champ. Of those, I think I will only champ Xavier since I have peggy at 12 covers and sure to finish her off in the coming weeks.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Finally champed Starlord, my second earned 4 star, after only 610 days!

Niw back on to that hamster wheel to champ Peggy, Max Pun, and maybe Xavier.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Pulled my 14th peggy...knew I was gonna do that before I was ready to champ. Should I sacrifice some of my rq 2 star carols and save for Peggy or champ carol and hope I get 360,000 iso needed for Peggy in the coming two weeks? Just have around 60,000 iso saved right now.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Peggy is worth it. I would focus on getting her champed.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy wrote:
    Pulled my 14th peggy...knew I was gonna do that before I was ready to champ. Should I sacrifice some of my rq 2 star carols and save for Peggy or champ carol and hope I get 360,000 iso needed for Peggy in the coming two weeks? Just have around 60,000 iso saved right now.
    360 000 ISO in two weeks is very much doable, but Peggy is definitely Worth prioritzing too.
  • Magic
    Options
    Sorry but what is "rq 2 star carols". Is that 2* Captain Marvel? If you have covers for her on the vine but not enough iso to champion to put her back in the farm I would say definitely sell and keep the iso for Peggy. She might rotate out in 4 weeks but will still be a great 4* for many more months.

You should be able to get enough ISO for Peggy without a problem in 2 weeks time. Track your progress and for all you know you might be able to champion both.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Lol, roster queue 2 star Carol Danvers. I have 11 of then waiting to apply.

Decided to champ since I had so many of them, now.back down to 22,000 iso. I'm sure that I'll get the iso to champ Peggy in 13 days, just starting to feel the 4 star champ burnout after champing 16 four stars since November.
  • Magic
    Options
    11 - wow. That is clearly a good call to champion and use the rewards. And yes - I think you will be fine with Peggy in 2 weeks (between probably getting a Shield rank and maybe maxing a 2* on the farm with enough grind). I am personally not as amazed by her but she is great non the less.

And I feel you about the burn out. Did the same for months now (standing at 24) and due to vaulting I know that at least 5-8 of them were a wasted effort. I never use them even when they are boosted. I am looking how to refocus my efforts due to the new landscape.
  • smkspy
    Options
    And Peggy is champed.

But like all things MPQ, I've also max covered Spider woman and Wasp during that time.

Hard as this is to do, I'm gonna have to force myself to start hoarding. Not cools, devs...way not cool.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy wrote:
    Hard as this is to do, I'm gonna have to force myself to start hoarding. Not cools, devs...way not cool.
    I hear you. In similar position and struggling to make myself hoard.