Is Galactus broken for anyone else?

Comments

• Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I personally had no issues and started as soon as the event went live. A couple of my alliance members did say they were having the issue though. Here's a question to ask you alliance members, when someone incurs that bug, does it unlock Galactus for someone else in the alliance?
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Hypothesis:

Galactus just unlocked for me when round was beaten (this is how it used to be in the first edition(s?) Of the event).

If they haven't allowed for this then the next time the side node is cleared Galactus should not unlock.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had it happen twice, both were the wave nodes (Hawkeye and GR) so I assumed that was the issue, but it sounds like it's just random based on this thread. Restarting did not help.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    joined in at round 4. beat the boss, side node 1 doesn't unlock. side node 2 does. 3 not, 4 did. not playing 5 because the pattern seems pretty obvious...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey everyone. It's quite peculiar that there doesn't seem to be a consistent reason for this occurrence.

Regardless, I'll notify the dev team of this and they'll investigate it immediately.
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2016
    Happended for me in round 4. The spiderman node. Tried closing and reopening. Was using rhulk bss and nova.

Edit: it just did it again after the wolverine node. Used oml, cho, and rhulk team.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Happened to me twice in round 3. Once after a Patch node and after a Hawkeye wave node. I thought the first time it happened due to getting a shield intercept, but I didn't get one after the wave node so it seems random.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Happened to me for one non-wave node (I think Hawkeye) in r4. Several restarts and waiting did not fix. All others unlocked normally.

Additional weirdness: I logged back in about 1.5 hour later, and the Galactus unlock timer read 7h 59m. Tried restarting, but it persisted. So I guess I either stay up a little later or I eat that clear.
  • GreenMachine
    GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Same problems here. Two wave nodes didn't unlock Galactus. And relaunching the game didn't fix it either.
  • cozmo1682
    cozmo1682 Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Last node on round 3 here. Didnt unlock - relaunch didnt fix.
  • Same for me. Spider man in round 3 (my first round, third mission). Submitted a help ticket. Hope they clear this up quickly!
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Happened twice for me but didn't happen to others in my alliance. How can there still be bugs like this?
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    forgot to mention: playing on steam. is there perhaps a platform-based correlation for those who are having this issue?
  • y4747 wrote:
    forgot to mention: playing on steam. is there perhaps a platform-based correlation for those who are having this issue?
    I'm using an iPAD (Air 2) and am having this problem (as noted above). The boss mission unlocked for me after my alliance cleared the round, so I was able to play the boss battle again. Beat the Hawkeye mission, and the boss battle did no unlock for me.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since this issue is so random, I'm thinking the cause is random packet loss in the network. The packet that signifies when a node has been completed is getting lost, which means that the Boss node stays locked. Completing another node gives you another chance of sending that completion packet to unlock the Boss node. Restarting the device wouldn't make a difference since the problem may be a missing packet. My 2 cents.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    apmonte wrote:
    y4747 wrote:
    I'm using an iPAD (Air 2) and am having this problem (as noted above). The boss mission unlocked for me after my alliance cleared the round, so I was able to play the boss battle again. Beat the Hawkeye mission, and the boss battle did no unlock for me.

Android here, so looks like we have the bases getting hit.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    y4747 wrote:
    That's certainly a possibility considering the inconsistency in encounters. Let's find out!

If you have commented, or will comment, whether or not you have, or have not, encountered this issue, please include what platform you are on in your comment. Thanks!

Edit: Scratch that. Seems like the player above me experienced it on Android, which means all 3 platforms have had reported encounters.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Happened to me twice in Rd4. I'm on iOS 10.2 devices (iPad Air2 and iPhone 6s).
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Playing on Steam. When I started we were on Round 3. I cleared the nodes from left to right and all worked correctly until the last node (Wolverine) when Galactus did not unlock.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    iPhone 6 plus, with iOS 10.2. Wouldn't unlock after first Hawkeye node in Rd 3, waited for the turnover into rd 4 (unlocking the boss fight) then got through the rest of the nodes okay from there.