Is Galactus broken for anyone else?

Comments

• Happened to me in all three rounds too.

Round 1, after Ghost Rider. Had to wait for round to complete.

Round 2, after Hawkeye. Sucked it up and completed another node, which THEN unlocked Galactus.

Round 3, after Wolverine. Waited for round to complete.

Really though, sincerely, thank you devs for allowing Galactus to unlock after the completion of each round. I think this is a great change! Knowing the little I do about programming though, it looks like programming that change bugged something else. In the grand scheme of things though, this is a small thing. The holiday programming is amazing so far (always a fan of double ISO) and I'm so excited to play through these events! Hope to hear something on Galactus soon!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    I seem to recall this happened in the last Galactus run...but back then restarting the game fixed it.
    It did not this time.

[Edit] Playing on Steam, just in case it matters.
  • Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Cleared Galactus, tried patch node, galactus still locked, remaining side nodes unlocked.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demiurge better give everyone some "compensation" for this locking bug.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I was fine for my first two nodes, but then when I completed a Spider-Man node it failed to unlock him. Might be grasping at straws here, but I won when Strange's Yellow proc'd. Any chance there's a link?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Ezrius wrote:
    I was fine for my first two nodes, but then when I completed a Spider-Man node it failed to unlock him. Might be grasping at straws here, but I won when Strange's Yellow proc'd. Any chance there's a link?

Nah, I didn't use Strange at all and it still didn't unlock Big G. Closing and reopening the app didn't work for me either.
  • drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Ezrius wrote:
    I did not all side nodes with match damage only, did not cast any ability. Used BSSM in all nodes and OML in all but patch node. With 3 of 5 failing.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    For me, it was the Hawkeye node that didn't unlock him. I went to the next node, because I didn't have time to fiddle with the game to make it unlock.
  • Same here, only three fights in round 2.
  • gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2016
    Still occurring for me. Alliance just made it to the 4th round and when I cleared the Spider-Man mode big G remained locked. This makes the event a one shot every 8 hours and/or every level clear by the alliance for some users.

If this isn't fixed quickly, I hope they re-run the event as soon as it is resolved. This makes it challenging to impossible and with the inevitable scaling to come? Means that everyone who is impacted is at a significant disadvantage to those who aren't.

ETA: this first happened in rd3 for me after I had cleared one node, beat galactus, and then tried to clear another and had it lock (with GR node), and now it's happening again for rd4.

iOS 10.1/iPhone
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Happened twice to me in round three!

It's frustrating as my alliance only had a few heavy hitters and one just left to get into a top tier alliance is my guess prior to the event. So myself and the other big guns losing pins will be a big problem for the later rewards
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    no problems for me (Steam if it matters)
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    No problems here for Round 1. I did them in order left to right.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    It has happened for me twice now, at the start of round 1 and round 2.

The automatically unlocked boss node was fine but then it didn't unlock after the first regular node was completed and then unlocked properly after the next regular node was completed.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happened to me with the Wolverine node in Round 2.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Round 4 - happened to me twice.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    mega ghost wrote:
    Happened to me with the Wolverine node in Round 2.

And now I just beat Galactus, only to have the boss node open to me again immediately. It looks like maybe the unlocks are just on a delay?

UPDATE: I don't think so, I think I was just confused by him getting unlocked with a round clear. This has happened to me several more times since and no amount of waiting or restarting fixed anything.
  • vtwardo
    vtwardo Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Has happened to me as well. Beat G, beat Wolverine node, beat G, beat Hawkeye, and he's not unlocked. Sent in a support ticket.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Happened to me too
    I went left to right and Galactus didn't unlock after the Hawkeye node. We're in round 3 and too far away from completing the round for me to wait until that to see if Big G unlocks.

I just submitted a ticket.
  • Rob82092
    Rob82092 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Round 3 - Played my first fight of the event against G-man, then the Spidey node, and G-man hasn't unlocked.

I've shut down the game entirely & started up again, but it's still locked.

This is ****.

Will not be making purchases unless this is fixed in an adequate time frame, with apologies.

Also, my vaults kinda suck (but that's just RNG)