Unstable ISO-8 Rerun 4/1 - 4/7

Options

Comments

• $100 says every "Super solder" token I use is a 2 star Cap, probably yellow as well, any takers? icon_e_wink.gif
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    Torch seems off stylistically without Red/Yellow/Black powers

Yeah I agree with this. I just don't see the green in him.

I kind of wish they would experiment more with the different color match ups.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I beat the intro battle and nothing else yet. I have a handful of 230 goon battles though. Anyone else seeing 230's as well?

::raises hand:: My goon battles are at 230. Juggernaut/Venom is at 211. Have a couple of battles in the 50-90 range.
  • $100 says every "Super solder" token I use is a 2 star Cap, probably yellow as well, any takers? icon_e_wink.gif

2 star cap doesn't appear to be available according to https://api.demiurgeserver0.net/drop_ta ... r_soldier/
    My first one was 2* Thor, it's been a few weeks since I got the featured hero from one of these tokens icon_e_sad.gif
  • Pulled a Green Patch with my first token. My bad luck with event tokens might be coming to an end?
  • Unstable Iso-8: One time node to activate other nodes.
    Nodes by point order (small to large) as of 4-1-14:
    Government Raid (Requires Lazy Cap)
    Cold Combat (Requires Lazy Cap)
    Venezuela Showdown

I think this is the first time a node for a non required 3* has more points than the required ones. That I can remember anyway. This could allow the players who didn't get Lazy Cap a chance to compete for the Torch.

And also possibly shoot for a Lazy Cap cover in the Progression Reward, throwing us have-nots a bit of a bone...
  • Thanks for that. I didn't think to look up the wiki page. icon_e_confused.gif
    Wow, that looks pretty old.
    500HP rewards for the top 50? icon_e_surprised.gif
    Covers at 1-3, 4-15, 16-50.
    I'd love the cover rewards to be the same now.
    The current 1-2, 3-10, 11-25 is pretty stingy in comparison.
    Especially with the increased player base, I assume.

Seems like the game was much more generous back then.
    What kills me is back then I used to burn HP on cover roulette... Oh what I would do with 500HP these days.
  • >.>

I really wish I had gone for the Cap cover now.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    mags1587 wrote:
    I beat the intro battle and nothing else yet. I have a handful of 230 goon battles though. Anyone else seeing 230's as well?

::raises hand:: My goon battles are at 230. Juggernaut/Venom is at 211. Have a couple of battles in the 50-90 range.

Yup, I am looking at pretty much the same levels.

I just got torched by some goon rockets. I made the mistake of pairing hulk with storm...not thinking that hulk has too much HP to let Storm's raging tempest work...whoops.

I'll give you one guess at what I just got from a token...
  • Well that escalated quickly. One goon fight I'm lvl 70's not too bad I think as its rated normal (my highest unboosted is lvl 71 Wolvie although some 100 while boosted). Complete the fight and had a look again and they'd jumped up 30 lvls... ouch icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm. Timing that first set of missions will be interesting without knowing how long they'll be there.
    So I guess most of us won't be able to play optimally until the second set of nodes.
  • do anyone think we could see crimson dynamo as the next villain?
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Since it's goons only of course it's going up fast as hell - all the people actually playing are mowing them down very fast and THEN grinding them for points/rewards... people are at ~4500... that's a LOT of fights where you get only ~100 points...
    and then this scaling gets carried to next set with champs icon_e_biggrin.gif and the tears start flowing ;-p

(btw - 1/1/1 LCap seems handicapped... he can't even overwrite specials... and I am earlier going to burn in hellfire then I buy his covers...)
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got a yellow Patch cover which put him at 5-0-5 for me, so I went ahead and used my remaining stock of ISO to level him up. Patch + OBW + C. Storm is fun on the goon levels. I really like making a purple, blue, or black match after Beserker Rage and it hitting the goon for 2000+ damage. OBW can manage countdown tiles, and if any of them do go off, it will trigger Raging Tempest. I'm not so sure how this well combo would work against non-goon fights, though.
  • morgh wrote:
    (btw - 1/1/1 LCap seems handicapped... he can't even overwrite specials... and I am earlier going to burn in hellfire then I buy his covers...)

I was thinking that. I thought he would have been a tad better but at this point I'd rather take in Thor MN who for me is a similar level but with much higher abilities.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Yup I'm starting to wonder how I will make any points with the high lvl goons im facing right now. Im still 2* transitioning to three* but even with the buff my guys are still only at low 100s and the goons have already reached lvl 130s for most of my battles. Really hoping I just clear high point nodes and stay in there to try and win johnny storm.
  • aussiemac
    aussiemac Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So I'll be that guy who asks a bunch of questions since I wasn't around for the first run through of this event. For the ease of answering and a hopeful response I'll list my questions:
      1) Will the nodes disappear and new ones appear every day? 2) If that's the case does a node last 24 hours? 3) Does it restack within that 24 hrs? Like ever 6 or 8 hours? 4) [I reserve the right to add more questions!
    icon_e_smile.gif ]
  • aussiemac wrote:
    So I'll be that guy who asks a bunch of questions since I wasn't around for the first run through of this event. For the ease of answering and a hopeful response I'll list my questions:
      1) Will the nodes disappear and new ones appear every day? 2) If that's the case and a node lasts 24 hours, does it ever restack? 3) [I reserve the right to add more questions!
    icon_e_smile.gif ]
    1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes

icon_e_smile.gif
  • aussiemac
    aussiemac Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Riggy wrote:
    1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) Yes

icon_e_smile.gif

You are my hero... any chance you know restack time?