Unstable ISO-8 Rerun 4/1 - 4/7

Comments

• Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Lyrian wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Okay not entirely sure how useful Torch will be at 141 but he certainly looks to be fun.

Any spoliers for those of us at work who can't go look till later? icon_e_smile.gif

Colors Red > Black > Green, 665 Health

level 1 powers:

Fireball 8 Red
    177 damage, destroys 2 red tiles
    level 2: 248 damage

Inferno 10 Black
    Converts up to 8 basic color tiles into 12-damage attack tiles, but depletes team's blue, purple, and yellow AP by 30 percent
    level 2: 17 damage

Flame Jet 5 Green
    Creates a green countdown tile that activates every turn, doing 14 damage for every green AP the team has (max 126 damage a turn). Tiles cost 1 Green AP each turn
    level 2: 20 damage for each green AP, max 176 damage per turn

He seems like a Patch clone, almost, in the sense that he is going to force team composition around him to be effective. He won't play nice with others with that percentage AP drain for support colors.

Also... Countdown on green? Hold AP to maximize damage? Flame Jet seems to be a 3*** version of Ares's Onslaught that is continual beyond a single turn, but punishes the player if they spend green APs on other abilities. From the wording, I think that the maximum effectiveness of Flame Jet increases with additional covers, as at 1 Green max damage is achieved with a paltry 9 Green AP.
    That's 9Green beyond the 5 you've just used to cast it, plus it drains a point of Green each turn (have to see whether that happens before the damage or after).

Also note that the Red doesn't specify whether the destroyed tiles generate AP - if not, you reduce your chance of casting a second time.
  • I forgot how much I love a buffed C Storm. Every mission that lets me is going to be Mags Marvel Now, C Storm and Punisher.
  • Dreylin wrote:
    Also note that the Red doesn't specify whether the destroyed tiles generate AP - if not, you reduce your chance of casting a second time.

The helpful hints in this game says unless an ability says it does not generate AP, destroyed tiles generate AP.

Granted, there are plenty of exceptions to this helpful hint, but going by what the game says, it should generate AP.
  • A single 2* cover is given for placement reward, just like PvP icon_e_sad.gif
    A second 2* cover could be obtained via alliance rewards.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Knock3r wrote:
    Should we start taking bets for how long until the first person asks how long the refreshes are, before refreshes actually happen? Another 20 posts?
    mechgouki wrote:
    If memory serves, during the last Red ISO, the missions switch over after every 12 hour interval. There are no subs.

Did I remember correctly?

Is it still the same situation here?

What is the bracket size btw?
    And we have a winner icon_lol.gif

Well that was fast. That's why momma told me not to be a bettin' man.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Okay not entirely sure how useful Torch will be at 141 but he certainly looks to be fun.

Any spoliers for those of us at work who can't go look till later? icon_e_smile.gif

level 1 powers:

Fireball 8 Red

Inferno 10 Black
    Converts up to 8 basic color tiles into 12-damage attack tiles, but depletes team's blue, purple, and yellow AP by 30 percent

Flame Jet 5 Green
    Creates a green countdown tile that activates every turn, doing 14 damage for every green AP the team has (max 126 damage a turn). Tiles cost 1 Green AP each turn

He seems like a Patch clone, almost, in the sense that he is going to force team composition around him to be effective. He won't play nice with others with that percentage AP drain for support colors.

Also... Countdown on green? Hold AP to maximize damage? Flame Jet seems to be a 3*** version of Ares's Onslaught that is continual beyond a single turn, but punishes the player if they spend green APs on other abilities. From the wording, I think that the maximum effectiveness of Flame Jet increases with additional covers, as at 1 Green, max damage is achieved with a paltry 9 Green AP.

Bonus thought: Because Flame Jet is a CD tile, could the ability be "stacked" via multiple CD tiles to increase damage at the expense of a higher Green AP burn rate?
    If it is really stacks per tile then imagin the carnage yoy can do with patches strike tiles out
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    jozier wrote:
    The only 4 star in the tourney is yellow X Force
    Oh damn, Torchie is a 3* o_o
    Whoopsie.
    Still, sucks icon_razz.gif
  • Lyrian wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

level 1 powers:

Fireball 8 Red

Inferno 10 Black

Flame Jet 5 Green

Also... Countdown on green? Hold AP to maximize damage? Flame Jet seems to be a 3*** version of Ares's Onslaught that is continual beyond a single turn, but punishes the player if they spend green APs on other abilities. From the wording, I think that the maximum effectiveness of Flame Jet increases with additional covers, as at 1 Green, max damage is achieved with a paltry 9 Green AP.

And the Tile is on green so you can't match it to increase your green stockpile. The green doesn't impress me unless it has some kind of change in higher colors - but I could be wrong, a cost of only 5 is nothing to sneeze at.

The red, on the other hand -
    Fireball - 8 Red AP
    Human Torch does 177 damage, destroys 2 red tiles
    compare to:
    Adamantium Slash - Red 12 AP
    Wolverine rips the enemy to shreds, dealing 180 damage.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: 216 damage.
    could be REALLY legit. And depending on its scaling, Inferno seems like it could be useful on a team that doesn't need those colors, or one where you use your Blue power before Inferno. What is Summon Demons' base damage?

Extremely low health, though
  • Extremely low health makes a of case or keeping Johnny and sue together.
  • Bowgentle
    So... many... goons.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone see scaling yet?
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Anyone see scaling yet?
    I started at level 45, hit a node 3 times and they're over 100 now. I will definitely need to pace myself for the latter part of this event.

Edit: I haven't even touched the Juggs/Venom node and they're at level 104. Venezuela Showdown I did twice and they're at level 116.
  • Bowgentle
    Anyone see scaling yet?
    Juggs & Venom went from 77 to 90 in the last hour.
    I haven't even looked at the other levels, the fights are over too fast icon_e_wink.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    I beat the intro battle and nothing else yet. I have a handful of 230 goon battles though. Anyone else seeing 230's as well?
  • I beat the intro battle and nothing else yet. I have a handful of 230 goon battles though. Anyone else seeing 230's as well?
    Ouch. Nope, 116 is still my highest.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    So you get a super pumped-up complimentary LazyCap for the initial battle in this event. Am I the only one who still thought he was pretty useless? Being required and being useful are sadly not synonymous.
  • Konman wrote:
    So you get a super pumped-up complimentary LazyCap for the initial battle in this event. Am I the only one who still thought he was pretty useless? Being required and being useful are sadly not synonymous.

Lazy cap is OP with 5 in red.
  • His red hit like a **** beast it took out all the goons in no time
  • Unstable Iso-8: One time node to activate other nodes.
    Nodes by point order (small to large) as of 4-1-14:
    Greenland Ops
    Bullseye
    Relationship Issues
    Gulf Transport
    Seized by Customs
    Government Raid (Requires Lazy Cap)
    Cold Combat (Requires Lazy Cap)
    Venezuela Showdown

I think this is the first time a node for a non required 3* has more points than the required ones. That I can remember anyway. This could allow the players who didn't get Lazy Cap a chance to compete for the Torch.
  • Torch seems off stylistically without Red/Yellow/Black powers