Pushing iso sales on the level up screen [A Conversation]

Comments

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I updated and it's definitely worse for me and most of us on the forums as we already knew that it was telling us the cost to level with a $100 purchase, but would also give some information on what level that would take us to.

For most of the rest of the playerbase that don't get it, now it at least communicates to them that they will need to spend money to max a characters. It's still terrible for them in that it doesn't give an accurate description of the ISO/cost to max. If you need more than $50 worth of ISO it tells you that you need $100 when $52 might be enough.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I updated and it's definitely worse for me and most of us on the forums as we already knew that it was telling us the cost to level with a $100 purchase, but would also give some information on what level that would take us to.

For most of the rest of the playerbase that don't get it, now it at least communicates to them that they will need to spend money to max a characters. It's still terrible for them in that it doesn't give an accurate description of the ISO/cost to max. If you need more than $50 worth of ISO it tells you that you need $100 when $52 might be enough.
    Even worse if you need $300 to max, it implies you only need $100
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    This is an excellent way to demonstrate just how badly the currencies in this game are priced.

If I saw, say $20, to jump a fully-covered 3-star from nothing to max, I'd probably impulse buy that more often than not.

$100? And it won't even max a character?

Ridiculous. Makes me NEVER want to spend money on the game because it shows me it literally won't help ANYTHING.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Many players keep a minimum ISO stash of 300K ISO, in which case, the Level Up Button will still show the required amount to max level a character.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    Many players keep a minimum ISO stash of 300K ISO, in which case, the Level Up Button will still show the required amount to max level a character.

But so what? Its true all functionlity isnt worse, but overall the "improvrments" made the level up screen less useful.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not opposed to them having a button that advertises spending money IF AND ONLY IF there is also a button to max with available ISO.
  • broll
    bbigler wrote:

So who cares about those who don't? I've never had 300K ISO at one time and never keep a stockpile. At this rate I will rarely if ever see the actual amount of ISO needed to level unless I come here and look it up. It's a step backwards.
  • broll
    This is an excellent way to demonstrate just how badly the currencies in this game are priced.

If I saw, say $20, to jump a fully-covered 3-star from nothing to max, I'd probably impulse buy that more often than not.

$100? And it won't even max a character?

Ridiculous. Makes me NEVER want to spend money on the game because it shows me it literally won't help ANYTHING.

Agreed. Looking at level 15 2* right now and it's asking me to pay $100 and that won't be enough to max him still. The devs are laughably out of touch (but sadly it's not surprising to any of us)
  • fmftint

Agreed. Looking at level 15 2* right now and it's asking me to pay $100 and that won't be enough to max him still. The devs are laughably out of touch (but sadly it's not surprising to any of us)
    Its 69530 iso to max a 2 star.png from level 15, a mother load is 78000 iso. $100 WIIL max a 2 star.png with 9k to spare
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Adding my voice as another person that finds this change really inconvenient.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

Its 69530 iso to max a 2 star.png from level 15, a mother load is 78000 iso. $100 WIIL max a 2 star.png with 9k to spare

And that seems totally reasonable right? $100 to max level a single character in the 4th weakest tier in the game (after you collect 13 covers for said character). . .
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

And that seems totally reasonable right? $100 to max level a single character in the 4th weakest tier in the game (after you collect 13 covers for said character). . .

The price of nearly everything in this game is still dated in like 2013 free to play, where it was expensive but you don't know how long your game will survive and you're only going after the richest who are spending without thinking.
  • fmftint
    Vhailorx wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

I never said it's reasonable, of course it's not, I'm just correcting his claim that $100 isn't enough to max a 2 star.png
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

Which isn't communicated by the button in any way, further showing why it is poorly designed. $100 will level a 2*, but not a 3, 4, or 5. There is no clear indication of if that $100 will max you or not, or how many hundred dollar purchases are required to get to max.

I am also dumbfounded that implying a 2* is worth spending $100 and bananas prices aren't the only things wrong with this setup.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Confusion aside, what bothers me is that the ISO packages have always been a poor value to the point of being kind of predatory toward newbs. This new design takes that a step further. No one in their right mind (with any knowledge of the game) would buy ISO. It's a complete rip. But this entices newbs who might not know better to do just that. It's skeevy. The whole ISO pricing model is and this just shines a light on it.

Not against them earning money, but the value is so low with ISO that it feels scammy.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey everyone. I just contacted the development team this morning to start up a conversation regarding the 'Max Level' button you all have been giving feedback on.
    I'll be sure to follow up with any official news or updates when I get them.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    This new button is useless to players. I understand you want to push sales of ISO, but this hurts the player experience. Show us how much total ISO we need to max level the champion, and then add a button under it to push your ISO sales. But hiding the max level iso behind a sales pitch banner is terrible.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    This is both really funny and very disgusting. icon_lol.gif

C'mon devs, you can do better than this.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey everyone. I just contacted the development team this morning to start up a conversation regarding the 'Max Level' button you all have been giving feedback on.
    I'll be sure to follow up with any official news or updates when I get them.

Thanks for the quick response. While you're at it, tell them to scrap the new "Level up" button too. It moves too fast and I end up partially going into the next level. It's especially bad if it uses up all of my ISO while doing so. That's ISO I need to skip targets in PvP, not to make my guy level 255 1/2.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    HP costs are daft, but iso costs are repugnant. Having it shoved in front of my face reminds me of that fact.