Pushing iso sales on the level up screen [A Conversation]

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This is ridiculous.

And worse, you pitched it as 'Level Up' Button Improvements.'

That is insulting to my intelligence as a consumer. You can do better!

(here's a hint: tell me how much iso it will cost to max a character. Let me decide whether to go to the iso store to pay your absolutely absurd prices for iso.)

Mod Edit: Changed Title to reflect content

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    This isn't new. They tweaked what was already there. The level-up screen encouraging you to buy ISO has been a thing for ages now.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Won't be long before we get sponsored new characters at this rate.

Baby Groot, brought to you by Johnson's no more tears.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    This needs to go the way of the sparkly VICTORY banner
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    The game isn't dying.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:
    This isn't new. They tweaked what was already there. The level-up screen encouraging you to buy ISO has been a thing for ages now.
    While it's not new, it's current implementation gives the false impression that $xxx will max your character
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc wrote:

Wrong. The level up screen used to confusingly tell you how much iso it would take ti max a character (if you that amoint or more) OR how high you couod go with your curremt iso + a $100 purchase of iso.

Now, after being "improved" it prompts you to buy iso by slapping a price tag on the max level button. It's more aggressively monetized. It's worse.

The max level button should always tell you the full cost of maxing a character. And if a current iso stockpile + a $100 purchase isnt enough, then demi/d3 should probably tke a closer look at their iso economy.
  • Pogo
    Pogo Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Out of all the level-up button suggestions that players have been requesting over the years, this is what they pull the trigger on instead?
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    JHawkInc wrote:

Why did you say this, having no clue what was actually being discussed?
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Just wanted to say... I'm really disliking the change to the max level button. It should be total Iso needed to max level.... Not a shortcut to the one thing people would be/are stupid for buying straight up.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Wow, that's really awful. Now I have no context as to how much ISO i need to level up a character. 2* 3* and 4* all just show the stupid 78000/$99.99 button which I WILL NEVER SPEND BECAUSE YOUR ECONOMY IS BROKEN.

Who designs this stuff? You're giving me less information now. How about an option to just disable all in-game purchases,huh? I could use one of those.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, don't like this at all... I can't even see what the requirements to max level this character are anymore.. I can't see the benchmark because of the "buy it now!" button. Am I 15,000 Iso Short? 35,000?

aykg8o.png
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    This needs to go the way of the sparkly VICTORY banner

I liked the sparkly victory banner. But I don't think I like this.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, this is pretty shady and gives the flase impression that 78,000 iso for a hundo is gonna max level your character.

Good way to bait and switch a lot of suckers beginning the game. This is the stuff lawsuits are made of.
  • Rumakashi
    Rumakashi Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I a little amused by the situation.

First, they succedeed in making worse in every way something that was already not good. We still have to press the button a long time to level up and the view of the price makes that i don't even consider to pay for leveling up.

Second, i'm a steam version and when i see the screenshot that was made, i see another better UI on our version which is still not good.

Thanks to the guys who made this, you made my day.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    1ff560.jpg
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    This was posted on the R115 thread somewhere, so I figured I'd post it here also

Bookmark this link until they fix it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wuQKBLUTMFQrxVAtLm9nxA6EBc7T42b2AUMqgZQKoeE/pubhtml#
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was posted on the R115 thread somewhere, so I figured I'd post it here also

Bookmark this link until they fix it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wuQKBLUTMFQrxVAtLm9nxA6EBc7T42b2AUMqgZQKoeE/pubhtml#

That's a hell of a link, my man. You win.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    No way hammer home the "We're listening" song and dance like making sure people see $100 price tags for dozens of characters on a daily basis after having been told for three years that ISO prices are crazy. icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, my main points have been moved off of general to suggestion and feedback oblivion (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=55698). If they were looking for ways to lessen some of the player-dev toxicity, this sure as heck ain't it.
  • Matt Murdock
    Matt Murdock Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Personally, I love the new max level button. I dont mind referencing an external spreadsheet to see how many times I need to spend $100. In fact, for convenience, i think they should add a giant button on the train characters screen to level all 4*s for $20,121! (Actual price) I mean, for the convenience factor alone I would totally forego buying a new car!
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Does anyone have any tape out there? I wanna put some tape over the death button.