*** Black Widow (Grey Suit) ***

Unknown
edited January 2016 in Character Details
(stat block added by moderator Nonce Equitaur)

[anchor=blackwidow3]Black Widow (Grey Suit)[/anchor] icon_blackwidow.png
3 Star Rarity (Rare) Discussion link. Wiki link.
At Max Level: HP:8075 Tile damage: 11/61/12/79/70/13/4.0
    Sniper Rifle - Green 15 greentile.png
    Black Widow uses an accurate, long range rifle to shoot a location on the board, clearing a reticle shaped pattern. She deals damage for each tile destroyed and an additional 355 damage to the current target.
      Level 2: +25% base damage. Costs 16
    greentile.png.
    Level 3: Destroys more tiles. Costs 17 greentile.png.
    Level 4: +25% base damage. Costs 18 greentile.png.
    Level 5: Damages all enemies. Costs 19 greentile.png.
    Max Level: 3912 + tile damage
      Pistol - Red 12 redtile.png
      Black Widow fires 1 shots at the board, clearing a block of tiles, dealing damage for each tile and an additional 118 damage to the current target. Does not generate AP.
        Level 2: Fires 2 shots. Costs 13
      redtile.png.
      Level 3: Target size increased, destroying 2x3 tiles. Costs 14 redtile.png.
      Level 4: Fires 3 shots. Costs 15 redtile.png.
      Level 5: Target size increased, destroying 3x3 tiles. Costs 17 redtile.png.
        Deceptive Tactics - Purple 11 purpletile.png
        Black Widow eliminates potential enemy assets while preparing her own attack. Converts 2 basic color tiles (except for Green) into Green tiles.
          Level 2: +1 target tile. Level 3: +1 target tile.. Level 4: +1 target tile. Level 5: +1 target tile.

Older version below
        [anchor=blackwidow3]Black Widow (Grey Suit)[/anchor]
        3 Star Rarity (Rare) Wiki link.
        At Max Level: HP:5075 Tile damage: 11/12/60/67/10/52
          Sniper Rifle - Green 15 AP
          Black Widow uses an accurate, long range rifle to shoot a location on the board, clearing a reticle shaped pattern. She deals damage for each tile destroyed and an additional 355 damage to the current target.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: +25% base damage. Costs 16 AP. Level 3: Destroys more tiles. Costs 17 AP. Level 4: +25% base damage. Costs 18 AP. Level 5: Damages all enemies. Costs 19 AP.
          Max Level: 3336 + tile damage
            Pistol - Red 12 AP
            Black Widow fires 1 shots at the board, clearing a block of tiles, dealing damage for each tile and an additional 118 damage to the current target. Does not generate AP.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Fires 2 shots. Costs 13 AP. Level 3: Target size increased, destroying 2x3 tiles. Costs 14 AP. Level 4: Fires 3 shots. Costs 15 AP. Level 5: Target size increased, destroying 3x3 tiles. Costs 17 AP.
              Deceptive Tactics - Purple 11 AP
              Black Widow eliminates potention enemy assets while preparing her own attack. Converts 2 basic color tiles (except for Green) into Green tiles.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: +1 target tile. Level 3: +1 target tile.. Level 4: +1 target tile. Level 5: +1 target tile.

(original post follows)

Black Widow (Grey Suit)
              3 Star Rarity (Rare)

Sniper Rifle - Green 15 AP
              Level Upgrades
              Level 2: +25% base damage. Costs 16 AP.
              Level 3: Destroys more tiles. Costs 17 AP.
              Level 4: +25% base damage. Costs 18 AP.
              Level 5: Damages all enemies. Costs 19 AP.

Pistol - Red 12 AP
              Level Upgrades
              Level 2: Fires 2 shots. Costs 13 AP.
              Level 3: Target size increased, destroying 2x3 tiles. Costs 14 AP.
              Level 4: Fires 3 shots. Costs 15 AP.
              Level 5: Target size increased, destroying 3x3 tiles. Costs 17 AP.

Deceptive Tactics - Purple 11 AP
              Black Widow eliminates potention enemy assets while preparing her own attack. Converts 2 basic color tiles (except for Green) into Green tiles.
              Level Upgrades
              Level 2: +1 target tile.
              Level 3: +1 target tile..
              Level 4: +1 target tile.
              Level 5: +1 target tile.

Black Widow is the grand prize in this weekend's tournament, but I'm trying to figure out if she is worth a cover slot. Her green and red abilities max out to 19 AP and 17 AP, respectively, and that's too expensive for me. Her purple ability appears to be her only worthwhile asset, assuming you can choose which tiles to convert. But even that seems somewhat limited with an 11 AP cost, and only being able to target basic tiles.

Also if I remember correctly, her HP is not very high.
              Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• She's probably the worst possible defense character, but if you have a team that can feed her AP (having one of: The Hood/Iron Man mk40/Either Storm) she can probably end a game when her abilities come up. However, she seems really over costed.
              • You can choose what tiles to change for her purple skill.

She goes well with Ragnarok to generate green AP, but as mentioned above, she is complete garbage for defense as she will never do anything unless you get a super cascade with 19+ green AP.

Her green skill does a ton of damage and at lvl 5 hits all enemies, so she's good for a quick finish.. but not much else
              • Using a level 3 purple I can usually generate 10-12 green and at least one crit tile. At that point it's usually enough to set off her green.
              • I agree that she's not good for defense, well she's black widow, not hulk.. we can't expect much icon_e_biggrin.gif. Also the AI is not that smart as well, so basically her green skill won't trigger.

However, i think she has the best offense skill in the game.

Do you guys know at level 4, her reticle-shaped sniper rifle clear away 33 tiles?
                and if you know the shape well, you can easily clear strike, protect and countdown tiles. Also the damage is very high. Mine is currently at only level 58 and the damage is already 1577 to all. 33 tiles cleared can easily racked up minimum 300 damage.

Her purple skill is the same as magneto marvel now. But cost more and up to 6 tiles change. You can get to 19 AP pretty easily.

i'm currently building 5/3/5 for her.

BW grey, thor and ragnarok makes a very very good team. (well, spidey venom and magneto marvel now can defeat this combination quite fast though)
              • I often find teams with high level Grey Widows to be amongst the toughest to beat. You can't afford to allow her to strike. As pucco says she can do some serious damage.

I think a lot of people assess the viability of 3 star characters on their base level stats. High AP costs in some cases are going to be naff at base level, but as you reach high level these characters come into their element. You just have to be prepared to invest in time (and sometimes money!) to reap the benefits.
              • Dormammu
                Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
                3* Widow is a beast offensively, especially coupled with Ragnarok or Thor (and their green-tile generating skills). Set her up with her purple skill, which allows you to place 6 green gems at level 5, and then close out the entire opposing team with her green sniper-rifle skill.

Dormammu has spoken.
              • Yeah, as mentioned, her level 5 green seems scary but it's very expensive to build to. It's pretty clear that this ability is intended to be a game-ender, a la Iron Man Model 40's blue, but it's quite possible to kill her before she hits 19 green AP, so dealing with her is NP.

The purple is ability is nice for setting up criticals but not a worldbeater by any stretch. (Except for buffed Thor's green in this week's tourney. That gets a little nuts. icon_razz.gif )

Red is useless. The only way to build her is 5/3/5 IMO.

As also mentioned, she's a very squishy character. Super easy to take out with your Thors, C. Storm yellows, etc. etc.

She doesn't seem OP in the slightest, IMO.
              • Dormammu
                someguy wrote:
                Yeah, as mentioned, her level 5 green seems scary but it's very expensive to build to.

Ragnarok can get her there pretty quickly.
              • Dormammu wrote:
                someguy wrote:
                Yeah, as mentioned, her level 5 green seems scary but it's very expensive to build to.

Ragnarok can get her there pretty quickly.

Yep. Prolly why I'll be building up Rag after the Thor tourney. There just isn't a better fit right now.
              • Dormammu
                I was playing in the current Black Widow tourney and noticed that in-match her green sniper skill only does damage to one target (and states thus when you tap on the tile description), but I checked her cover after the match and it says damage to ALL targets.
              • 1. ai cant use her purple skill properly

2. way outclassed by other three stars
              • so does loki
              • Her green hits like a truck, she's fine. The ai is generally bad, the fact that she's bad on defense is no reason for a buff. Her low health is part of her balance. She's a rogue> high attack, low health.
              • I have a level 60 widow with green at level 2 (16 ap) and I liked how her purple/green combo was a game finisher.

After I leveled Thor for his tournament (16 to 61) though, I have not been able to use her green ability. Even in her tournament Thor kills everyone before I get enough green. At 19 AP that will be even worse.

She's good, just not good compared to some of the alternatives. Maybe once people max 3* characters the 2*'s like Thor will be useless.
              • Her Deceptive tactics is good for matching the existing green tiles to get to the required number of tiles to use sniper rifle.

Fully upgraded sniper rifle affects all opponents. Pair her with Ragnarok. When unbuffed, use Ragnarok Thunderclap to soften the enemies. The matched green tiles fuel her sniper rifle. Costs 19 green AP but it's easy to get with thunderclap.
              • Is the skill rank 5? It should only damage one unless rank 5.
              • Dormammu
                Yeah it was at rank 5. It seems to be fixed now.
              • I keep reading that BW Grey Suit is squishy... but I just saw a max level (150-something) BW-GS with over 5000 hp. Maybe that's still squishy for that level, but it was higher than I expected.
              • Zathrus wrote:
                I keep reading that BW Grey Suit is squishy... but I just saw a max level (150-something) BW-GS with over 5000 hp. Maybe that's still squishy for that level, but it was higher than I expected.

Her max level is 141, just like all the other 3 ability, 3 star heroes.
              • Ranzera wrote:
                Zathrus wrote:
                I keep reading that BW Grey Suit is squishy... but I just saw a max level (150-something) BW-GS with over 5000 hp. Maybe that's still squishy for that level, but it was higher than I expected.

Her max level is 141, just like all the other 3 ability, 3 star heroes.

Guess it was L141 then. I'd already hit Skip before posting. High level Grey Suits were dangerous with the boost (had my team wiped out on first round by a L68 once)