We are listening

124»

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:
    I think the true idea here is that what we want is not always what they want. So, sometimes, what is best for the company may indeed infuriate the customer base. And what may make the customers happy will result in less money. I do agree that they tend to err on the side of "we only care about the money" too often, but I get it. I just wish someone would have the gall to admit it.

"sorry, giving out 4* easier, and eliminating the RNG, is not something we plan to do."

"sorry, giving out ISO would hurt our business model."

I would hate to hear those, but I would respect any person willing to admit it out loud. For now, it just seems like they want to keep us guessing while padding their pockets, until the tension boils over. We are fast approaching a tipping point, methinks.

"Giving you advance notice of our plans hurts our business model of keeping you guessing and spending in the less poorly optimized current formats."
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    broll wrote:

"Giving you advance notice of our plans hurts our business model of keeping you guessing and spending in the less poorly optimized current formats."

bingo
  • peteer01
    peteer01 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Cthulhu wrote:
    We are listening
    The question isn't whether or not you are listening. The question is whether or not you are doing anything.

Support is not supporting players.

I reached out to Brigby, and while I got a timely reply, many of my issues were glossed over, and no action was taken by Brigby either.

If you want less posts like this: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=55481 , you need support that actually supports players while working on stabilizing the game's source code.

Good luck. I'm frustrated and angry, but I hope you fix things for others before they get to this point.
  • peteer01
    peteer01 Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2016
    Cthulhu wrote:
    We are listening.
    Actually, I'm not even sure that's being done.

I want to take a moment and commend David [Hi-Fi] Moore for the excellent job he did. Twice in the time he was here, I reached out to him. Twice, he impressed me with truly listening, understanding and resolving my issues. Those issues were in 2014 and early 2015, and lead to me spending well over $100 on the game myself for HP, recruiting a half dozen friends and family members that each spent real money on the game, and allowed me to spend 2014, 2015 and early 2016 happily playing a game that was taking a lot of time and money from me.

That's what D3Go! wants, that's what Demiurge wants, and that's what gamers who are spending their own money to play a game want. Kudos to David [Hi-Fi] Moore for his excellent work in his role.

I have unfortunate timing in that the 10 cases I've opened in the last two months were the (ten) straw(s) that broke the proverbial camel's back. I was hesitant to go to the community manager, which I assumed was David, unless I was truly at a breaking point, as a quick look at the forums, reviews and Reddit were making it clear that I was far from the only person frustrated.

When I did reach out, it was to Brigby. Maybe Brigby is still overly optimistic about the support offered by the MPQ support bots. In this third message in our back and forth, he wrote, "I'd recommend sending another support ticket with as much information as you can provide so they can get a better idea of what happened, and what the appropriate compensation should be."

Support doesn't compensate for anything. Proof has proven immaterial. Not receiving an item doesn't matter. If "We are listening" is a true statement, you need to start by listening to the din of dissatisfied users of the support system. They are turning your evangelists into your detractors.

There are two kanji for listen in Japanese. 聞く (kiku), which means to listen with your ears (耳), and 聴く (kiku) which means to listen with your ears (耳), eyes (目) and heart (心).

I honestly think David did a great job of truly listening to people on these forums, and was always extremely knowledgeable, fair and compassionate in my interactions with him. I hope that "we are listening" means that you're truly listening, and that you will eventually bring knowledge and compassion for the issues that are driving people like myself away from this game.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    sinburn wrote:

And testing. Seriously, hire some testers.

This. So much this.

I play numerous mobile games, some even more complex than this, and none is as buggy as this one - especially the bugs that crop up in long-existing functionality (such as the recruit screen bug when adding levels.) This kind of thing is INEXCUSABLE in a professional software development house. I know, because I'm a professional software developer.

HIRE MORE TESTERS.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    And for god sakes, throw us steam players a tinykitty bone.

Mobile players get intercepts and all we get are more crashes.

This is pretty much how I feel...

1f3j8p.jpg
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ok you're listening, now it's time for action, scaling I the final 2 subs in Prodigal Sun is BROKEN
  • broll
    fmftint wrote:
    Ok you're listening, now it's time for action, scaling I the final 2 subs in Prodigal Sun is BROKEN

These things take time, they'll have it fixed before 2020 comes around.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

These things take time, they'll have it fixed before 2020 comes around.

Snark aside, I think there is something the dev team should pay attention to underlying this. We've all heard the old saying, "Actions speak louder than words." So, the fact that you are listening should be clearly evident in your actions. If you're here trying to reassure people that you are actually listening, you realize that hasn't been happening. Ultimately, it makes no difference if you are listening or not if nothing ever comes of it.

Now, I realize every request can't (and shouldn't) be fulfilled. But, they shouldn't be ignored. They should spark a conversation, preferably one that goes both ways, so that you can find a way forward that is more beneficial for everyone.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    BearVenger wrote:
    -- Post-Mortem statements after new events.

This is something that's badly needed I think.

I figure after IceIX dropped his infamous post morton on Galactus Round 1 the developers have been *very* shy of repeating the same "mistake". Which I feel is wrong. Yes the forum reacted explosively when the design philosophy clashed with gamers expectations, but that's only a good thing. That gives you feedback. "Oh ****, we got this badly wrong. What can we change to keep the players? We need to stop them uninstalling the app. Let's change the event and use a new philosophy when changing it. The forum had ideas on where we went wrong, we can use that as a guide."

Yes, there were lots of people hurling insults, waving a stick with poo on the end and just generally screeching like scalded monkeys. But there were also people offering constructive critisism of the statement and design philosophy who had ways in which the event could have worked better, same deal with Boss Rush. A lot of us, myself included, saw the event as having potential, it doesn't need to be completely scrapped, but the design philosophy needs changing. Simply shutting the doors and waiting for the angry mob to get bored and leave definitely works, eventually we get tired of waiting for an answer and give up. But that's an incredibly short term solution. All that ends up happening is the next time something bad happens, we don't think "Yes, but they listened to us and fixed it last time! Just hold tight, alright?" we suddenly all remember "Hey, remember the last time this happened and they treated us like morons?" and all the old anger bubbles up to the surface again. So you get the regular frustrations plus anger from the last issue that went unresolved.

So please guys, if you put out a new event and it all goes to hell, I totally understand the instinct to go "Nuh-uh!" and just hide until it blows over. But...wading into the angry mob and explaining yourselves, expressing a desire to work with us to fix things, would go much further. And a happy customer is a customer willing to spend more. Forcing people to spend is never a good solution. This is one of the more chilled free to play games I've played, it's slower to get to the top end if you're purely free, sure, but it's very possible. The wait timers are lenient, the premium currency is not so important you need to spend money constantly to keep up and it's very earnable in-game through play. I buy some HP every now and then to buy from a good looking vault. You have a great system for keeping players happy already, don't spoil it by bludgeoning us with horrible events and then ignoring the fallout completely.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    One of the things the dev never listen is juggernaut atrocious scaling and easy power. 2x 4* heroes can't match his hp, not mentioning he has another 2 highly scaled daken, ares, bullseye, moonstone, etc as allies.

THEY NEVER LISTEN.
  • broll
    I figure after IceIX dropped his infamous post morton on Galactus Round 1 the developers have been *very* shy of repeating the same "mistake". Which I feel is wrong.

Agreed. Also during Boss Rush the there was a similar blow up, even with tight lipped devs, it didn't help the outrage.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    I was always told the listening part is easy, what you do once you have listened speaks volumes. Now if you're listening and having a ton of laughs at all the anger and rage moments resulting from the laundry list of issues, well then the listening doesn't really help much
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    tph_james wrote:
    One of the things the dev never listen is juggernaut atrocious scaling and easy power. 2x 4* heroes can't match his hp, not mentioning he has another 2 highly scaled daken, ares, bullseye, moonstone, etc as allies.

THEY NEVER LISTEN.

They already nerfed 1star power and damage scaling a lot. Juggernaut used to be the absolute number one guy to use in BOP, now he's a high hp cake.

He just takes a bit more time to clear, but he ain't bad to deal with.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    tph_james wrote:

THEY NEVER LISTEN.

They already nerfed 1star power and damage scaling a lot. Juggernaut used to be the absolute number one guy to use in BOP, now he's a high hp cake.

Correct.

Now, Ares, on the other hand, at level 430+... yeah, HE needs a nerf. Badly.
  • Pants1000 wrote:
    There's a difference between listening, and giving the players what they say they want. Many of the things asked for would eliminate revenue and so they will never be implemented.
    so does losing players due to them feeling ignored and forgotten, it requires compromise to get to the point where both parties benefit, but they reap what they sow. not many companies have their customers telling exactly what they want, they are just foolish to ignore it.
  • tph_james
    Daiches wrote:

Didn't notice he was nerfed. Still eating his 5k dmg headbutt so frequently. Because of his high hp, it's inevitable to take on more of his headbutts.
  • tph_james
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Correct.

Now, Ares, on the other hand, at level 430+... yeah, HE needs a nerf. Badly.

Haha. And Ragnarok needs to be dumbed down. One of the most incredible and unbelievable AI in game, Stirring up cascade storms. But Acts like an idiot when I'm using him.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    tph_james wrote:
    Daiches wrote:

Didn't notice he was nerfed. Still eating his 5k dmg headbutt so frequently. Because of his high hp, it's inevitable to take on more of his headbutts.

This is why the cost of 2* powers need to increase with the scaling. I've said it for years, but clearly D3 dont want that as they want us eating our health packs fighting these fools who can do so much damage for so little cost.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    We are listening... TO THE MONEY HITTING THE CASH DRAWER!