We are listening

Options
Cthulhu
Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello, I posed this elsewhere but wanted to call it out after talking with a friend. We never mean for players to be beta testers or want players to feel that we aren't doing our best to make the updates and events fun for all players.

My first year on the project has been great, I've learned a lot and also have been pushing to make the game fun for early players, older players and everything in-between. Demiurge and D3 have come up with great ideas that we hope you all enjoyed, it was great meeting a lot of people at Ny Comic Con and other places, and hearing the feedback of players enjoying the latest updates. I know I always say it, but more stuff is coming that we know players will be happy with.

After hearing from the community and some feedback internally (for example I got destroyed in boss rush and could not beat Kaecilius) we have recently made some process changes to hopefully catch this stuff better in the future. As always, we read all the feedback and do our best, please pardon our dust as we keep pushing forward.

Thank you

icon_greengoblin.png Cthulhu icon_greengoblin.png

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Posts like these are most welcome.

It's nice to see that you acknowledge where we are coming from. There's been some great changes lately. If you can help make the game a more fun experience by testing events more thoroughly we would greatly appreciate it.

Any chance of a fun alliance boss event in the not too distant future for us please icon_e_smile.gif
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello, I posed this elsewhere but wanted to call it out after talking with a friend. We never mean for players to be beta testers or want players to feel that we aren't doing our best to make the updates and events fun for all players.

My first year on the project has been great, I've learned a lot and also have been pushing to make the game fun for early players, older players and everything in-between. Demiurge and D3 have come up with great ideas that we hope you all enjoyed, it was great meeting a lot of people at Ny Comic Con and other places, and hearing the feedback of players enjoying the latest updates. I know I always say it, but more stuff is coming that we know players will be happy with.

After hearing from the community and some feedback internally (for example I got destroyed in boss rush and could not beat Kaecilius) we have recently made some process changes to hopefully catch this stuff better in the future. As always, we read all the feedback and do our best, please pardon our dust as we keep pushing forward.

Thank you

Thank you Cthulhu for an official post.

Can we expect more communication on the forums? We constantly feel ignored which is why we feel like beta testers or no one cares about us. I will be the first to admit that the game has drastically been better since it was two years ago but often times it feels like one step forward and two steps backwards. Many of us aren't new, we've been here for over two years. Any chance the developers can come on here to interact with us more to gain our feedback? I miss when they use to do this. It always felt so cool to ask questions to them directly and learn about what is planned.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cthulu and Brigby,

I think we feel like you are listening. The issue comes with the disconnect in letting us know how what you perceive is being used to improve the specific problem you are paying attention to.

For instance you have heard that I feel like a Bets Tester who has paid in my resources HP and Iso for that privilege

What would be great is once you have a solution to point out that my issue was not only listened to but acted upon laying out the solution. This is because I have pointed out the issue of no upper level players on the development team for over two years now. They may have listened previously but there was no attempt to correct the oversight

What would be even greater is to find a way to show some gratitude to your Beta Testers by running either, or both, Boss Rush 2.0 and Strange Days 2.0 with premiere rewards throughout the event.

That would be a way of showing not only are you listening but that an appropriate developer action results from that attention.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Options
    I definitely hope to post a lot more in the future after being through most of the big stuff this year. Sometimes it's just not possible since we are a very small team and I'm managing both MTGPQ and MPQ, but I've definitely found my stride and hope to be a bit more available as some things take a lot less time then they used to!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel there have been a lot of good improvements in the past few months (SL, SCL, Ads, etc) that have made the game much better. So, I appreciate it! I look forward to the future surprises as well!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some communication is certainly better than no communication and we know you guys are always working on new features. I would really like to see that in the future communication comes sooner rather than later. One of the biggest things that really angered me over the Boss Rush fiasco was this:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Confirming that no additional statements are planned at this time regarding the Boss Rush event.

The dev team have taken your feedback into consideration and are currently going over the in-game data. The plan is to factor everything in for any future runs.

Thank you.
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53171&start=820#p590481

The fact that we had a 42 page thread of frustration locked and are told, no more statements, end of story, it left a bitter taste in the mouth of an already riled up customer base. Now the wound is re-opened when it's admitted the testing was short sited. Still no where any in of the communications was there any attempt at even a half apology. Sorry, we messed up. Is that so hard? If you can't admit you made a mistake then why should we have any confidence you will learn from the mistake?

TL;DR - Communicate sooner and actually apologize in the future (still waiting an apology on this one also....)
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the comments on the boss rush. The communication is greatly appreciated!

Also, if you get a chance, please do swing by the Topics for Brigby thread. While the conversation is directed at our new Community Manager (who has been great to talk to thus far icon_e_smile.gif), I think all of the topics are also completely relevant for dev team consideration and/or comment.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is because I have pointed out the issue of no upper level players on the development team for over two years now.

I know at least one dev has 2 champed 5*.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After 3 years all I can say is, better late than never.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for the post. Happy Holidays.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    as previously stated posts like this are always welcome and go a far way to help keep players happy.

I mean I am still super bitter about steam users being screwed over, but alas, unless you take the coders prisoner and force them to implement something to fix things I doubt you could personally change that, and sadly as someone who is actually talking to us you get some of the heat we have at the actual creators.

In general though the communication has been better, the features being added have been better than ever, and the future of the game looks pretty bright. so hopefully things continue that way.

and I hope you have a great holiday weekend and get loads of good deals icon_razz.gif
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have to agree that this sounds great, but I have been burned before. So, I think we will all require proof... in the "fool me once..." saying.

By this I mean: you are listening. What things are about to change? Will the boss events be more fair, and the re-run be for great rewards? will new shield levels help us actually get SOMEWHERE in the roster progression? more iso? Will there be a better way to get 4* characters than to rely on RNG for 40+ different characters? will 5* acquisition be solely based on luck?

As someone stuck in the 3 to 4* transition (all but doc strange 3* champed, 2* farming.... zero 4* worth playing), the effort put in to play this game halfway competitively, only to get stuck with a poor 4*, or worse, a cover you already have 5 of while you have zero covers in another color... I have hit a point where playing feels pointless. In the grand scheme of things, sure it's just a game. But I legit am getting nowhere, and other than champing my 3 (which was solely just a matter of getting enough ISO), my roster hasn't made any noticeable movement in the last 4 months. Other than a new character release, which will only make progression slower thanks to diluting the 4* pool, I struggle to see the point if luck is my only determining factor in moving forward.
  • TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Cthulhu, could you please explain why a 2nd OML black was given as a daily reward before rotating through the other colors like everywhere else in game?
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    waywreth wrote:
    Thanks for the post. Happy Holidays.

I wanted to say the same thing, so...ditto.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There was great communication under IceIX. There has been an increase in great communication recently - just after Hi-Fi left.

Draw your own conclusions.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There was great communication under IceIX. There has been an increase in great communication recently - just after Hi-Fi left.

That's really harsh, and jumping to conclusions.

Firstly, IceIX wasn't a community manager, but was a Demiurge employee. Hi-Fi was a community manager, and didn't work for Demi, but D3Go!, the publisher. Their roles were entirely different. IceIX, as he worked for Demiurge, could speak directly from and on behalf of the devs. Hi-Fi was only ever able to act as a middle man.

Secondly, Hi-Fi communicated a lot via PM, and was working in the background a lot in airing our concerns to the devs. He would never actually feedback something, unless he had something official and substantive to say. Different strokes, as they say.

I suspect the devs felt that they maybe needed to speak up less with Hi-Fi, since he was very experienced in his role. They're potentially speaking up more now because Brigby is still learning the ropes, or for other reasons. I think it's unnecessary and likely incorrect to link it to Hi-Fi in any way.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:

Thank you

Cthulhu,
    The one thing I would ask is that as you roll out new features, new events, new boss battles that too feel will be awsome please realize that there needs to be a back up plan in place. In another post I suggested switching every player to infinite health packs for these boss events or giving every player 50-75-100 health packs. Getting crushed by the enemy is one thing but getting crushed consistently and draining resources to get lose again is worse. If you think about Boss Rush if you were able to send out a ton of health packs we would be more ok with dying in the event since we could keep playing and heal our teams.
    I really appreciate the post and the work you have done so keep it up make 5* colorless ASAP, and make the 5* progression a reality. See I only ask for small things out of the game.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morph3us wrote:

Firstly, IceIX wasn't a community manager, but was a Demiurge employee. Hi-Fi was a community manager, and didn't work for Demi, but D3Go!, the publisher. Their roles were entirely different. IceIX, as he worked for Demiurge, could speak directly from and on behalf of the devs. Hi-Fi was only ever able to act as a middle man.

Secondly, Hi-Fi communicated a lot via PM, and was working in the background a lot in airing our concerns to the devs. He would never actually feedback something, unless he had something official and substantive to say. Different strokes, as they say.

I suspect the devs felt that they maybe needed to speak up less with Hi-Fi, since he was very experienced in his role. They're potentially speaking up more now because Brigby is still learning the ropes, or for other reasons. I think it's unnecessary and likely incorrect to link it to Hi-Fi in any way.

IceIX / Joe Fletcher, worked for D3Go!, not Demiurge. He held Cthulhu's role before Cthulhu did.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    morph3us wrote:

IceIX / Joe Fletcher, worked for D3Go!, not Demiurge. He held Cthulhu's role before Cthulhu did.

People are always talking about what they do not know. lol
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Cthulhu wrote:

Thank you

: bro fists :