**** Wolverine (X-Force) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Options

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Straight up passive healing with 9.5k HP is maybe too scary, but I think they could make it something like Hulk's Anger, where getting hit for some small percentage of his HP creates CD tiles which heal him in decent amounts. As an extra perk those CDs could convert into red or green tiles which would fuel his primaries, which would be helpful as well
  • Unknown
    Options
    There's no question Patch plays substantially better.
  • Unknown
    Options
    So, I see a lot of people complaining about this guy, and suggesting how to buff him. I'd like to see him buffed, but I'm not holding my breath, because the developers seem insistent on spending their time adding more and more useless characters. The last three new characters have not been particularly exciting.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if anybody on this thread has any advice on how to use him effectively. Since they haven't buffed him yet, and he's been slated for buff for like 6 months now, I'm assuming there must be some situations where he does okay, although I haven't seen it yet. I've got mine at 2/3/3 at level 90. With 51K ISO, I could get him to level 128, but I'm not sure that's worth my while until I understand how and when to use him, which I don't right now.

Any advice? How do you use this guy effectively? Who would you team him up with?
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The reason it's brought up was that he was in the balance queue from forever ago.

My advice is to spend that ISO on actually useful characters, unless you already have an incredibly solid line up of 141s. And even then, IW is probably marginally more useful
  • Unknown
    Options
    Anyone actually have a legit max level XForce?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sentry's World Rupture power kind of gives a boost to X-Force.

If part of the buff to Wolverine made his X the same shape as Sentry's X, then that would be very useful. As it stands, only half of Sentry's X can be covered.
  • Unknown
    Options
    But wolverine slash doesnt affect countdows, so he cant counter sentry.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    When will X-Force get his buff?
    X-Force is still on the docket, but after Hawkeye (Modern) and Magneto (Classic). We've purposefully held off on changes to characters between getting other necessary-for-long-term-game-health changes out there.

From the 27 Jun Level Shift discussion.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    yemet wrote:
    But wolverine slash doesnt affect countdows, so he cant counter sentry.
    He meant to get xforce strike tiles out before sentry on the pattern, but the issue I find with that is xforce's green is more than double the cost of sentry's green
  • eidehua
    Options
    Got another idea for xforce yellow.
    What about give it a small passive regen, much less than patchs/old astonishing wolvie? (this passive is not essential though). Then on active, it generates an X turn CD. Every turn the CD regenerates some of xforces health, and each turn this regen increases until the final turn with the biggest burst of health-- this regen scaling can be polynomial/exponential.
  • Unknown
    Options
    a passive regen similar to human torch's green would be nice. at the beginning of each turn cd tile heals wolverine some amount without using any yellow
  • Unknown
    Options
    what if his yellow was a combination. since he has an adamantium skeleton and for some reason bullseye has a purple passive called adamantium bones. Xforce can lay down protect tiles and heal every time there is a yellow match
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm... doesn't look like anyone has updated this since the Level Shift has been implemented.
  • eidehua
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    Hmm... doesn't look like anyone has updated this since the Level Shift has been implemented.
    Check this:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11111

Nonce Equitaur 2 is doing all the 166 stats- xforce is not yet updated but it's a lot of work he's doing.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone have any build recommendations for X-Force? Mine's currently 5/3/3. I just got a yellow from Loki PVP, I'm most likely going to get a red in 2 days from Simulator PVE and I'll get another yellow in a week from daily resupply.

Pretty sure 5/5/3 is the best build now but since he's current a joke I'm trying to predict the future in a post-buff world. 5/4/4 is probably easiest to respec but 5/3/5 might be better post-true healing. Any thoughts?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    Anyone have any build recommendations for X-Force? Mine's currently 5/3/3. I just got a yellow from Loki PVP, I'm most likely going to get a red in 2 days from Simulator PVE and I'll get another yellow in a week from daily resupply.

Pretty sure 5/5/3 is the best build now but since he's current a joke I'm trying to predict the future in a post-buff world. 5/4/4 is probably easiest to respec but 5/3/5 might be better post-true healing. Any thoughts?

As is, you'd want him 5/5/3. That being said we have no idea what will happen to him. If they keep his healing CD tile based then I would say keep him 5/5/3. If he is more Patch like well then you will have an interesting choice. My gut feeling is that red is going to be high dmg for high cost. Green the more spam skill, and yellow hopefully a passive heal. However, 2* wolvie and Patch heal and play completely differently.
  • Daeson
    Daeson Posts: 4
    Options
    In the last week I have claimed two red and one green of this guy from the basic one star tokens. Has he been made more common now? It seems odd to have found so many four star covers in such a short time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Daeson wrote:
    In the last week I have claimed two red and one green of this guy from the basic one star tokens. Has he been made more common now? It seems odd to have found so many four star covers in such a short time.

Most of the 4* covers I"ve gotten from tokens - which is most of my 4* covers - have come in clumps. I don't know that that's anything more than statistical noise, though.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You're more likely to pull a particular 4* than a particular 3*
  • Unknown
    Options
    Okay idea for a total overhaul of xforce.

Red> name: Berserker Barrage or maybe Execution Rage
    Max level: cost 20 red, kill the target regardless of health and harm the rest of the enemy team by half of their current hitpoints. (Kills 1 person and removes 50% of w/e hp other enemies have)

Green> Name: Retract claws
    Max level: cost 8 remove all strike tiles on the board (friendly and enemy) and replace them with two turn count down tiles. When the count down goes off, it generates 3 red ap for you team.

Yellow> name: The Best Defence...
    Max level: cost 5, place a 3 turn countdown on a random yellow tile. When the cd goes off, wolverine is healed for 1500 hp and two strike tiles strength 250 are added to the board covering random yellow tiles. ***If wolverine dies before the countdown goes off, the countdown remains active on the board. It still ticks down and will revive wolverineif the team has not yet lost. (In addition to adding the strike tiles)

I think this is a pretty neat character that I would love to have some fun with. His red move is rediculously powerful, but also expensive. His green move exists only to fuel his red move, but is also a counter to enemy striketile users. His yellow actually heals somewhat like wolverine, working even if he should be dead.

I think my ideas reflect the character well, are reasonably balanced and would be fun to play.
This discussion has been closed.