**** Wolverine (X-Force) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Options

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    HT/Loki/Hood is my favorite combo, and Torch getting a health boost will give him some staying power during a match. I think xf is still usable, but in a way that relies more on setting up his bk (which can be uber depending on the board and enemy team). An xf/she hulk/hood team that prioritizes AP denial is gonna be fun to play. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hood/Fury. With Fury's new 4,000 HP boost, and the fact that he tanks everything for Hood but black, these guys are gonna be animals together, both on offense and defense. Without Xforce to reliably chop up ole Nicky Boy before he gets all Demolition-y, I think he's gonna see a lot more play.
  • I took my X-Force for last spin in the PvE today with Daken & Falcon. Nothing serious... just guys hanging around, sipping beer, beating goons and reminiscing glory days long gone. At the end of the day X-Force bid goodbye and walked to the sunset. Everybody promised to him they would stay in touch. But deep inside they knew it was a lie.

Good night, sweet prince. For a (too) short time you actually were the best there is at what you do. But what you do now is nothing of sorts. icon_cry.gif
  • Best replacement for XForce is XForce. I'll be more apt to rotate him out now, but don't see why I'll stop using him.

That said, could Fist crash the party? Even with standard 3/5/5 build, it's a quick 660 and tacks another 352 onto the attack tile, so now you're doing 838 a turn.

She-Hulk destroying 2 colors of AP for cost 6 will also be an interesting replacement in the new world. XForce-Doom-Shulk is rainbow with lots of board shake and two abilities that can do 10k+ damage.

Maybe, but to keep using XForce I'm going for a 3/5/5 build since his green is basically the skill of a 3* now.

IW/Captain Marvel has some interesting potential. Captain Marvel is in posession of one of the only skills to be improved by higher health, Energy Absorption.

XFist still ok with Surgical Strike doing such massive damage now. Use it as a finisher of the current high match target then charge again with purple to kill the next.
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Deleted my "X-Day" post to merge over here.

I for one welcome our new high-health overlords.

Agreed that XF is still a viable character.
    Surgical Strike is still a mega-nuke, and since they've released a ton of batteries this year you can synergize pretty effectively to one-shot whomever you want.

Strongest color redflag.png ? Bring icon_cyclops.png
    Strongest color greenflag.png ? Bring icon_thor.pngicon_kamalakhan.pngicon_blackwidow.png

I am not eager to see longer matches as a rule. But I can't argue that making sure that people will live long enough to fire off their powers means we should see a lot more interesting play combinations.

Emphasis on should....
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wobby wrote:
    Surgical Strike is still a mega-nuke, and since they've released a ton of batteries this year you can synergize pretty effectively to one-shot whomever you want.
    Aren't you better off putting yourself in a situation where you don't need the color SS is nuking? The last thing I'd want to do if I still have two high health characters to take down is to find myself with cyclops on a no-red board, LT on a no-green board, etc.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    During Thor PvP, I can definitely say that the AP gained from Surgical Strike wasn't really that important at all. Having all that Red AP actually didn't matter since the immediate goal was either gaining Green to kill the support or Black to drop XF. My AP gains were better served by Loki since I willingly gave up Black and Green match 4's during my climb to 1000 points if I felt it would serve me better to drain 8 AP instead.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Wobby wrote:
    Aren't you better off putting yourself in a situation where you don't need the color SS is nuking? The last thing I'd want to do if I still have two high health characters to take down is to find myself with cyclops on a no-red board, LT on a no-green board, etc.

I think his point is those characters are self-generating on those colors, or alternatively can be considered feeders for Surgical damage.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    XFist still ok with Surgical Strike doing such massive damage now. Use it as a finisher of the current high match target then charge again with purple to kill the next.
    I would argue that post-soul-crushing-X-Force-update, Iron Fist and Cyclops are a better tag team. XFist is a one trick pony, and once you do accelerate into that first Surgical you're sort of played out. Unless your featured third is red/blue, your color coverage is pretty bad and yellow is still a soft color. You're basically hoping now it lands someplace where it's going to get matched. CyFist(tm) on the other hand has a lot more options available. You're only one color short of rainbow, with a way to accelerate two nukes rather than one, and Iron Fist's green is arguably a better use for 8 green now anyway, particularly if you're flush with black when you use it.
  • simonsez
    Options
    I think his point is those characters are self-generating on those colors, or alternatively can be considered feeders for Surgical damage.
    I assume the latter, since he mentions SS can one-shot an opponent via these abilities. Like I said, the problem is you still have two opponents left, and a board with no AP towards one of your nukes. That's going to make long battles even longer.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    During Thor PvP, I can definitely say that the AP gained from Surgical Strike wasn't really that important at all. Having all that Red AP actually didn't matter since the immediate goal was either gaining Green to kill the support or Black to drop XF. My AP gains were better served by Loki since I willingly gave up Black and Green match 4's during my climb to 1000 points if I felt it would serve me better to drain 8 AP instead.

I've found it useful enough to start LazyThor's red>yellow>green chain of pain, especially when you end up with enough to use it twice.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options

I've found it useful enough to start LazyThor's red>yellow>green chain of pain, especially when you end up with enough to use it twice.
    Depends on the situation. If I was building up for green, very rarely did I not have enough for two X Force activation instead. On a single target, 2 of those would be more favorable instead of tapering off damage to do AP. Not to mention the cascades which could lead into other abilities. If there was an abundance of yellow on the initial board, I'll definitely pop Call Of The Storm to clear that support character out the way.
  • SS red into Polarizing Force followed by enough purple for Illusions and a couple of X-Forces...and then the whole process repeats until everything and everyone your opponents ever loved is dead. That sort of exhilarating ability chaining will no longer really be possible, sadly. Or at least it will take a few rounds longer to set up.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I figured out why green is so low in damage. I think they factored in damage boosts which could increase the damage up to 3K and damage boosts are cheap compared to the AP counterparts
  • simonsez
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I think I figured out why green is so low in damage.
    I still think it's to tempt people into re-spec'ing
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It seems I can get my TEN THOUSAND hp back. In addition to the increasing selling value I am really tempted to sell him. icon_eek.gif
  • Vladdy wrote:
    It seems I can get my TEN THOUSAND hp back. In addition to the increasing selling value I am really tempted to sell him. icon_eek.gif

I'd take that. Send in the CS request first I think, then respond with your sold XF (who also sells for double value) and get the 10k extra HP back. Then take your, what, 15-20k HP and buy Wilson Fisk covers.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    Options
    Contact Customer Support first and double check how much you'll get. Be sure you have no regrets before doing so.
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Contact Customer Support first and double check how much you'll get. Be sure you have no regrets before doing so.

First part: yes, I will do that, thanks.
    Second part: no, I am not sure. icon_e_confused.gif
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You'll miss him when he's gone.
This discussion has been closed.