Topics for Brigby

Comments

• Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    A couple suggestions:

Add a 5* to the Taco vault, and possibly other vaults. That gives people the option to hoard tokens/HP (or spend cash) and spend them when the particular cover they want shows up. It costs a fortune to buy out the taco vault, so I don't think it would make whaling easier. I think it would make people happy, and it would bring in cash when OML yellow is in the vault.

Change the sell price for 4* and 5*'s to include CP. Selling a 4* you can't use for 5-10 CP or selling a 5* for 20-50 CP would remove most of the sting.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    5*s don't need to be easy to obtain. But there should be a way that guarantees them, even if that's a lot of work.

Many have suggested a streak-breaker. So for instance if you draw 20 four-star characters from LTs, then your 21st will automatically be a 5*.

And the other issue is wasting duplicate covers of non-championed characters. It's okay for 1, 2 and 3-star covers but it soul-crushing for 4* and 5* covers. When you only win one 5* every month and it's a useless dupe, then the game is giving you a massively tiny kitty to the face.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I still don't quite understand why cl 8 players are still getting 1*. Elite tokens should be replaced everywhere that standards are.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just wanted to revisit this list, and see if we had any updates on the items. Since the original post, it looks like we have had forward momentum on two items, an attempt at one with unfavorable reviews, and Boss Rush not showing up again yet. If it is retired, I'll count that as a win. icon_lol.gif
      Scaling -
    No change
    Rate of acquiring 5* - No change (with classics becoming more diluted)
    Frequency of character releases - No change
    Frequency of character rebalancing - 5* Cap rebalanced. Still a few notable characters that need work (Mr. F), but going in the right direction.
    Skip tax in versus - No change
    Same 3-5 people showing in versus skips - No change
    Xp in versus - Some each round
    Boss rush - Event hasn't been rerun. Irrelevant/Unknown
    Colorless covers (or getting a usable cover) - No change
    Amount of team up slots - No change
    Amount of team ups that can be sent - No change
    Inequality between steam users and other users - No change (or possibly going in the wrong direction for Amazon users now?)
    Price of purchasing iso - No change
    Duplicate covers - No change
    Goons feeding ap to non goons (refer to carrion pigeons comment for more detail) - No change
    Heroic story events (or being locked out of certain characters) - Tested to mixed/negative results. While helping a few players with limited options, it was an overwhelmingly negative experience for 5* players.

So, what do people want next? Will Brigby give us any hints as to what's on deck? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    firethorne wrote:
    So, what do people want next?

may I ask: what is the point of what we want next? Some things we want aren't practical. Some things we want may result in less money for the developers. No matter what we want, isn't it time to agree that the developers aren't listening? Brigby certainly is, but it hasn't resulted in much. I appreciate his efforts to make us feel heard, but nothing has come of it yet...
  • firethorne
    Crnch73 wrote:
    may I ask: what is the point of what we want next? Some things we want aren't practical. Some things we want may result in less money for the developers. No matter what we want, isn't it time to agree that the developers aren't listening? Brigby certainly is, but it hasn't resulted in much. I appreciate his efforts to make us feel heard, but nothing has come of it yet...

Well, I wanted to keep positive, and I'll try. But, I'm not going to tell you you're wrong, or that the grim outlook is unwarranted. About the only thing I'd say is that the requests here aren't impractical. It isn't like we're asking for a free 5* every day. And most of them aren't going to be financially troublesome for the devs. Heck, you could even argue the opposite for some. I know I'd probably be more inclined to buy HP for random pulls if dupes and wasted covers were less of a factor.

As for the feeling that the devs don't listen, despite their claims to the contrary, yeah, that feeling still is pretty common in our community. Player morale isn't the best. And I won't tell you you're wrong for feeling that way either. I think they do listen, but haven't done the best job at following through on anything we've said, so the listening bit is ultimately inconsequential. But, we can keep asking.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Does this count as a hint? icon_e_smile.gif
    firethorne wrote:
      Scaling -
    Investigating Options
    Rate of acquiring 5* - Research and Development
    Frequency of character releases - No change
    Frequency of character rebalancing - 5* Cap rebalanced. Still a few notable characters that need work (Mr. F), but going in the right direction.
    Skip tax in versus - No change
    Same 3-5 people showing in versus skips - No change
    Xp in versus - Some each round
    Boss rush - Event hasn't been rerun. Irrelevant/Unknown
    **Colorless covers (or getting a usable cover) / Duplicate covers - No Change
    Amount of team up slots - No change
    Amount of team ups that can be sent - No change
    Inequality between steam users and other users - Investigating Options
    Price of purchasing iso - No change
    Goons feeding ap to non goons (refer to carrion pigeons comment for more detail) - No change
    Heroic story events (or being locked out of certain characters) - Tested to mixed/negative results. While helping a few players with limited options, it was an overwhelmingly negative experience for 5* players.

So, what do people want next? Will Brigby give us any hints as to what's on deck? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    **Combined duplicate covers with colorless covers, as dupes are the problem and colorless covers are the requested solution. Most likely re-visited after 5* acquisition rate is addressed.

Investigating Options: Brainstorm sessions are occurring with developers discussing potential ideas.
    Research and Development: An idea has been established, and development has begun. The feature being developed is still flexible at this stage.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    Scaling - Investigating Options

Investigating Options: Brainstorm sessions are occurring with developers discussing potential ideas.

Just a thought, have all SCLs have a base start and then scale 25 levels per clear. For example (generic, easily mathed numbers used), SCL8 first node starts at level 100, 2nd 110, 3rd 120 etc. and then after first clear 1st 125, 2nd 135, 3rd 145 etc. Second clear: 150, 160, 170 etc.
    Again the numbers I use are just numbers that are easy to math and not suggested. personally I don't think that I would be able to beat on node 6 on the 4th clear at a level 250. especially if it is Thick as Thieves. That Magneto/Hood node is brutal.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Inequality between steam users and other users - Investigating Options

This I really look forward to. I play on both Android and Steam and notice quite a difference when it comes to ISO-starvation.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Does this count as a hint? icon_e_smile.gif
    <snip>
    Rate of acquiring 5* - Research and Development
    <snip>
    Research and Development: An idea has been established, and development has begun. The feature being developed is still flexible at this stage.

Anyway you could hint on this any further?
    Is this the 'exciting new' thing teased about?
    Rough time frame when this may be completed? (1 month, 6 months, etc.)
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe this has already been addressed somewhere, but I've been wondering what the release timeframe for CL9 and CL10. Are the devs undecided as to what the rewards for them should be, or are they waiting for a certain number/percentage of the player base to be high enough rank to fill the higher CLs, or they just want to wait a certain number of months for each new CL? What's the deal?

Thanks.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    matthatter wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    Scaling - Investigating Options

Just a thought, have all SCLs have a base start and then scale 25 levels per clear. For example (generic, easily mathed numbers used), SCL8 first node starts at level 100, 2nd 110, 3rd 120 etc. and then after first clear 1st 125, 2nd 135, 3rd 145 etc. Second clear: 150, 160, 170 etc.
    Again the numbers I use are just numbers that are easy to math and not suggested. personally I don't think that I would be able to beat on node 6 on the 4th clear at a level 250. especially if it is Thick as Thieves. That Magneto/Hood node is brutal.

The problem doesn't lie in the level number, but rather in the way characters scale per level. Each level makes an increasingly large difference once you get past 200 or so, because the formula they use for scaling characters is a polynomial that doesn't have any critical values after that point.

The easy answer is to just use a different polynomial, that flattens out some of the more egregious scaling spots that people are hitting. It will mean that the massive difference between a 450 character and a 460 character will shrink, and it will mean that players with characters at different levels will be less likely to be priced out of using their tier 2 guys. It's a stopgap, but it's such a fundamentally easy change that they could change it once a year and people would hardly blink.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Wait, why would anyone get excited about them discussing the horrendous scaling / mmr or the ridiculous odds of getting 5*s in general ( not to mention constantly pulling dupes ) ?

Maybe I missed something, but shouldn't everyone be saying, "it's about time, we've only been BEGGING y'all to figure these issues out, for years now"............

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Wait, why would anyone get excited about them discussing the horrendous scaling / mmr or the ridiculous odds of getting 5*s in general ( not to mention constantly pulling dupes ) ?

Maybe I missed something, but shouldn't everyone be saying, "it's about time, we've only been BEGGING y'all to figure these issues out, for years now"............

Because if you want to encourage positive behavior, acting like an angry child in response doesn't really get you any traction.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Please don't forget scaling of side node during boss event in the scaling investigation !

But for me you could drop goon AP feeding from the list. Even if it's painful to endure a nuke every 2 turn and swarming the board with nasty stuff, that's a particularity of some nodes. Where sometime you have to change your tactics, where you don't need to down necessary the same character first. Well, that's a bit more tactic and less casual. Kinda like them when it happen some while.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I appreciate Brigby giving us some insight, so thank you for that, but it doesn't encourage me a ton.

I suppose it's just a symptom of being stuck securely in the 3->4 Star transition, but 5-Star acquisition rate being a priority over fixing the duplicate covers issue doesn't sound like an exciting direction for R&D to me. They can give me 600 5-Stars if they want, it won't do me any good if half of them (and half my 4-Stars) are trapped behind a 5/0/0 or 5/1/2, etc. wall. I need to progress, and selling my 6th, 7th, and 8th icon_redhulk.pngpurpleflag.png doesn't feel very exciting while I hunt for his second or third greenflag.png or redflag.png ...
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Well, that isn't really true. It would do you plenty of good. You'd be getting 300 usable 5* covers which is enough to champ every 5* in the game.

I'm not just being pedantic here: if they made it easier to get covers, dupes really would matter less. Making a change like introducing colorless covers would get rid of a huge amount of dupe anxiety, which is a big part of how people get invested in the game. The game wouldn't be more interesting or compelling with colorless covers in the game.
  • firethorne
    Well, that isn't really true. It would do you plenty of good. You'd be getting 300 usable 5* covers which is enough to champ every 5* in the game.

I'm not just being pedantic here: if they made it easier to get covers, dupes really would matter less. Making a change like introducing colorless covers would get rid of a huge amount of dupe anxiety, which is a big part of how people get invested in the game. The game wouldn't be more interesting or compelling with colorless covers in the game.

Its a blade that cuts both ways though. Stagnation and the feeling of futility that you never make any progress has definitely led some people away from the game. When you sometimes work for four or seven days for a single chance at progressing, and that progression is then limited to an RNG draw which could have as low as a 0.56% chance at being what you want... that is guaranteed to demoralize people. You don't have to go far to find some impassioned retirement thread along those lines.

I just wish they would give us some time frame on when they expect to have something. Are we talking days, weeks, months... or next year?
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I'm in agreement with firethorne, or at least I find that "stagnation and the feeling of futility" are more appropriate here than "interesting or compelling" from my personal perspective.

I don't agree with this idea that dupe anxiety gets people invested. There's nothing about seeing a 6th copy of a cover for a character that I have at 5/1/1 that excites me or draws me in. If anything, it's a big flag that reads "skip this event", which only means I have 3-7 days to divert my attention to another mobile app. That, to me, is the opposite of getting me invested. It doesn't make me go, "Oh boy, that means the next time he's featured in 4-6 months it might be Green!" It makes me go, "Why do I even waste my time on this game?"
  • firethorne
    Exactly. I just opened my mini-stockpile for the season. 8 tokens, 37.5% waste, 0 progress into 5* land. That doesn't interest me. That isn't compelling content. That makes me wonder why I still play this blasted game.