Topics for Brigby

Tromb2ch2
Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Okay I thought we should start a thread about big problems we have with this game that we would like to be addressed. This is more of a topic starter for brigby and not a pitchfork meeting. Feel free to add more things (as I will have missed some)

Scaling
Rate of acquiring 5*
Frequency of character releases
Frequency of character rebalancing
Skip tax in versus
Same 3-5 people showing in versus skips
Xp in versus
Boss rush
Colorless covers (or getting a usable cover)
Amount of team up slots
Amount of team ups that can be sent
Inequality between steam users and other users
Price of purchasing iso
Duplicate covers
Goons feeding ap to non goons (refer to carrion pigeons comment for more detail)
Heroic story events (or being locked out of certain characters)

I know there are more but these are the bigger ones that I can think of. But once again this is introduction to topics not a place to flame.

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Poor guys first week in the office and BAM!! Give him a monster to-do list.

You missed "bring world peace", icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Glorified PR rep, bringing concerns is useless. Only thing that changes TPTB'S minds is stop spending money or direct email enmasse to CS over issues.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 star.png dupes. Nothing in game is as discouraging as pulling a 5 star.png cover you already have maxed
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lets maybe stick to the welcome posts. At least, you know, FOR HIS FIRST DAY. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Tromb2ch2
    Oh this was more for like a state of things not a you must do this now! Also I'll continue to update the original post with ideas that others suggest.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    One question then;

How can the net amount of entropy of the universe be massively decreased?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    OP needs to chill the **** out. It's his first day.
  • Tromb2ch2
    I want to make sure that you have a great experience on our forum and in our game, so feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions or comments! Just keep in mind that if I end up with a lot of messages, it might take me some time to respond to them all, so please be patient. icon_e_smile.gif

This is what Brigby said I was just trying to compile a list so that a million messages wouldn't be sent asking the same things.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    While I can understand where you are coming from, it still makes it sound like you are giving the finals on the first day of school.

Reading the welcome post he? Isn't even up to speed with the familiar jargon yet either. Give it some time. Sounds like the new RED is someone cool.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great job onboarding the new guy icon_lol.gif
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    One question then;

Answer: No enough information to compile a solution. Will continue to collect data.

http://multivax.com/last_question.html

This is my favorite Asimov short story and its a fast 15min read. I reread it every year on my birthday.

Highly recommend everyone to read it.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
  • Tromb2ch2
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    While I can understand where you are coming from, it still makes it sound like you are giving the finals on the first day of school.

Reading the welcome post he? Isn't even up to speed with the familiar jargon yet either. Give it some time. Sounds like the new RED is someone cool.
    I agree but I saw my topic more as a syllabus of things to learn for the semester. I'm trying to be polite about this list as other are anything but about these topics. And I was very impressed with the communication already done with Brigby.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    One question then;

I can see that your doctorate is certainly not in astrophysics or cosmology. Entropy always increases. Such is the way of the universe.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Complete and utter hilarity, that this is the EXACT SAME PERSON who makes the "NO NEGATIVITY ALLOWED" threads and posts, along with getting people board warnings, from speaking up against that silliness, yet......a thread like THIS was approoriate in their eyes? On someone's FIRST OFFICIAL DAY?????

Wow. lol. Truly.
  • Tromb2ch2
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Complete and utter hilarity, that this is the EXACT SAME PERSON who makes the "NO NEGATIVITY ALLOWED" threads and posts, along with getting people board warnings, from speaking up against that silliness, yet......a thread like THIS was approoriate in their eyes? On someone's FIRST OFFICIAL DAY?????

Wow. lol. Truly.
    You're right I did do all that stuff. But can you argue that this topic isn't what idk like 90% of what people complain about on the forums (besides no admin interaction)?
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    You know, maybe give Brigby time to acclimatise to the forum and the forumites, instead of giving him a(n extremely long) to-do list? Let all the issues we have happen organically and give Brigby the time and space to do his job. He doesn't owe us anything per se
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I don't see anything wrong with making a list of concerns. It might be helpful to have some direction.

That said, we can probably afford to be more specific. For example when people say scaling is a concern, they usually mean scaling above level 370, and specifically in reference to the class of goons associated with Ultron. There are other complaints that get called scaling issues (for example with Muscle goons or feeder nodes*) that are more about design than scaling, and area separate issue.

*Feeder nodes are fights which involve one regular tile-moving character and two goons that feed AP to the character.** Feeder nodes tend to scale in difficulty faster than regular nodes.
    **Goons are characters which as a rule generate AP passively rather than by making matches on the board.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the OPs message is missing something. We should get him a gift too.

1678672-ff4b.jpg

icon_rolleyes.gif

He just got here, just say hi and let him get acclimated. If he's worth a lick he will see these issues very quickly as they are posted about EVERYWHERE and if he's not worth a lick giving him a list won't matter.

Also as others have said he's just a middle man with no real power other than making and modding posts here. I suspect all he could do about any of these is tell them, probably in e-mail. Previous reps probably did so and it was probably ignored. Remember this is just a new Community Manager, not Forum Jesus.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wanted to add my 2 cents; not everyone thinks the same way or has the same complaints, so here's my comments on the OP topic list:

Scaling -- not a problem unless you have leveled-up 5*s
    Rate of acquiring 5* -- not a problem if you're focusing on building up 4*s, with 5*s as a future goal
    Frequency of character releases -- MAJOR PROBLEM since the beginning of this game!
    Frequency of character rebalancing -- I welcome the character rebalancing, it makes my robust roster more useful
    Skip tax in versus -- not a problem since I acquire about 25K - 30K ISO per day
    Same 3-5 people showing in versus skips -- this is a problem though
    Xp in versus -- XP should be given out in PvP, similiar to the amount you can get in PvE, perhaps 1 XP per battle?
    Boss rush -- LET IT GO people! I didn't have a problem with the difficulty, I acquired 2 out of 3 Peggy covers
    Colorless covers (or getting a usable cover) -- This would be a great feature!...but only for 4*s and 5*s
    Amount of team up slots -- more would be better
    Amount of team ups that can be sent -- I don't have a problem with this
    Inequality between steam users and other users -- I'm a mobile user, but I hear this is a problem
    Price of purchasing iso -- there is definitely a huge inequality in purchasing HP and ISO, the ISO should be about 4 times more than what it is now
    Duplicate covers -- this could be resolved by adding the feature to swap the cover if you already have 5 for that character
    Goons feeding ap to non goons -- this does seem unfair, but it hasn't stopped me from winning battles, just cost me health packs