Meet Brigby!

124»

Comments

• Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    The old king is dead. Long live the king!

Welcome Brigby. Good luck. You'll need it!

icon_lol.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi dere Brigby!

I suggest offering some interesting (read: humanizing) detail about yourself, so that people who are wont to being aggrieved and voicing their angst will have a reminder that you are indeed a human being! With feelings! And DREEAAAAMS!
  • SeveredSynapse
    SeveredSynapse Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Welcome and best of luck to you !!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    giphy.gif

But on a more serious note, welcome to the forum, Brigby!

All I'd ask is not to be afraid of us, not to be afraid of negative feedback and to please maintain the lines of communication, even if things go south.
    Communication has been fluctuating this last year with some really good back and forth followed by something negative happening and then radio silence for too long. I didn't envy David's job at all, but I think we were too good at scaring him off with a wall of negativity.

I wish you luck in the job. We're a small community, but we're a passionate one. Grumpiness is usually only there because we enjoy the game so much and only want it to improve.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    jffdougan wrote:
    Since you're still responding right now, I've already had questions about whether we can get you on the Discord server. Please know that you're welcome to drop in any time, and the admin team (currently consisting of 2 people) will do our level best to keep the pitchforks and torches put away and ensure that people there behave like mature adults, regardless of the level of forum vitriol.

More seriously - if you have time and want to drop in now, please feel free. Just follow the link in my signature.

I've just signed up to discord how do I find the mpq group chat on there ?
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Cthulhu wrote:
    MPQ R114!

Never a bad hair day.
    The Queen is coming icon_mrgreen.gif

Medusa-Marvel-Comics-Inhumans-hair-attack-h1.jpg

ED: sorry, wrong thread icon_e_sad.gif
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Wow. So many responses! Give me some time guys. I'll be responding back as quick as I can in bits and pieces. A lot of comments echo the same sentiment, so I'll be addressing those on a more broad and generalized scale. Thanks for your patience icon_e_smile.gif
    morph3us wrote:
    Would I be correct in stating that you work for D3 Go!, the publisher?

If so, just wanted to point out to everyone here that Brigby doesn't work for Demiurge, so a bit of patience would be greatly appreciated, as he's going to have to liaise with the Demiurge devs to get answers and sort out issues for us.
    Yes, that is correct. I work for D3 Go! the publisher, not the development studios.
    jffdougan wrote:
    Since you're still responding right now, I've already had questions about whether we can get you on the Discord server. Please know that you're welcome to drop in any time, and the admin team (currently consisting of 2 people) will do our level best to keep the pitchforks and torches put away and ensure that people there behave like mature adults, regardless of the level of forum vitriol.

More seriously - if you have time and want to drop in now, please feel free. Just follow the link in my signature.
    Thanks for the invitation! It's great to hear of communities forming in places outside of our forum. While I would love to stop by and chat with everyone, I unfortunately would not have enough time to stay and engage with the players for long considering the amount of work I have.

Having said that though, what I can recommend is compiling a list of any questions you and your community has for me, and sending it to me in a message or starting a thread. I'm always on the forums, so I'll be sure to see it and respond as soon as I can.
    Saeva wrote:
    And, at this point, even attempting better communication and community redress -- instead of adopting an attitude of 'This too shall pass' -- would go a long way in resolving some of the long-standing tension on the forum, AFAICT.
    I definitely agree, and that 'This too shall pass' attitude is one I wish to avoid. I can't guarantee that I'll have ALL the answers ALL the time, but I'll do my best to let people know that I'm here and provide any information I have.
    Linkster79 wrote:
    ...use the forums as if you were an actual user and join in with general conversations, let's us feel you are one of us...
    But then everyone will know that I'm not that good at the game icon_lol.gif
    zulux21 wrote:
    Fair warning, since support refuses to move my account from steam to mobile you will likely see me complaining about the developers shafting steam users, how they don't want steam user's money, and how steam users shouldn't give them any money until they implement a way to resolve the disparity caused by facebook link and the newly introduced S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts. At no point are these complaints directed directly at you, they are merely me voicing my frustrations of being constantly left out of access to a lot of resources merely because I started the game on steam instead of mobile platforms. That while I fully understand that they can't implement the full signal intercepts program, since they aren't having VIPs watch ads there isn't any reason why they couldn't implement the bonuses just for VIP users on Steam, and why they refuse to let me move my account, even though it was possible in the past.
    Your frustration is certainly understandable. Unfortunately, since I'm just starting out this week, I am not acquainted with the behind-the-scenes situations regarding MPQ on Steam. If I hear of any good news though, I'll be sure to make an announcement.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    turbomoose wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

I've just signed up to discord how do I find the mpq group chat on there ?

My signature has a link. Follow away.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    Having said that though, what I can recommend is compiling a list of any questions you and your community has for me, and sending it to me in a message or starting a thread. I'm always on the forums, so I'll be sure to see it and respond as soon as I can.
    I have started a thread with a list of the bigger problems that the forum community has. The thread is called Topics for Brigby. There is a lot of flaming going on in there (including a bag of poop) but I assure you that they are towards me. Feel free to head over there and see the issues.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    JVReal wrote:
    One of the things that bothered me most in the past was the hit and run posts. Drop a bomb and disappear. You can even say in your post, that you'll be on for the next 20 minutes to respond to comments, then post a closing message saying you've got to go, but you'll be back at a later date with any more info if at all possible.
    I actually really like that idea. It gives you guys a window of opportunity where I devote all of my time to answering your questions, and allows me to schedule my time so that I don't get overwhelmed. I might just have to start doing that from now on. Thanks! icon_razz.gif
    Bondidude wrote:
    Absolutely agree with this. I understand that probably a lot of the time that Hi-Fi would get a bunch of info from the devs, type it up into a release and then post it and that would be all the info he has on the topic so he couldn't really respond to questions but having either one of the devs on standby to clarify things or posting in the thread itself as well would help significantly with putting out fires quickly before people can start speculating wildly about what it means.
    I would love it as well if the devs could devote some time to answering questions, but I also don't want to go around promising a bunch of things and then not being able to get them approved. I'll definitely bring up these ideas with my team and see what we can do though. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Azoth658 wrote:
    So as a marvel fan can you tell us who your favourite character is?
    Definitely has to be Deadpool. I love his course humor and sarcasm mixed in with just the right amount of crazy and delusional.
    I suggest offering some interesting (read: humanizing) detail about yourself, so that people who are wont to being aggrieved and voicing their angst will have a reminder that you are indeed a human being! With feelings! And DREEAAAAMS!
    Im-a-real-boy.jpeg
  • j0nats
    j0nats Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Brigbyyyyyy..... an OML Yellow!!!:-)
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Brigby wrote:
    Your frustration is certainly understandable. Unfortunately, since I'm just starting out this week, I am not acquainted with the behind-the-scenes situations regarding MPQ on Steam. If I hear of any good news though, I'll be sure to make an announcement.
    good to hear. as someone else said, you would be amazing how much responses like this help people remain calm ^^.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Welcome Brigby!
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    Im-a-real-boy.jpeg

See; that's the kind of quirky internet humor your predecessors rarely ever showed. It's really something that they could and should have leveraged to take the edge off of many of the more explosive situations the game's community has wrestled itself through over the past year(s), so I'm glad to see you're not afraid to use it.

Well done!

(... ... We totally don't have a thumbs-up emoji on this board, do we?)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    _RiO_ wrote:
    (... ... We totally don't have a thumbs-up emoji on this board, do we?)

We have one better
    hotdog.png