Meet Brigby!

Comments

• morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Welcome, Brigby!!
    Brigby wrote:
    • Help improve transparency and communication between players and D3 Go!/Development Studios.

Would I be correct in stating that you work for D3 Go!, the publisher?

If so, just wanted to point out to everyone here that Brigby doesn't work for Demiurge, so a bit of patience would be greatly appreciated, as he's going to have to liaise with the Demiurge devs to get answers and sort out issues for us.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    morph3us wrote:
    Welcome, Brigby!!
    Brigby wrote:
    • Help improve transparency and communication between players and D3 Go!/Development Studios.

Would I be correct in stating that you work for D3 Go!, the publisher?

If so, just wanted to point out to everyone here that Brigby doesn't work for Demiurge, so a bit of patience would be greatly appreciated, as he's going to have to liaise with the Demiurge devs to get answers and sort out issues for us.

Indeed. In Gears of War 4 terms, when playing Horde Brigby would be known as the "decoy". A fake target all the grubs are compelled to attack leaving everyone else safe. Poor Brigby. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    fmftint wrote:
    I'll just leave this here for you
    viewtopic.php?style=1&f=6&t=3600#p58160
    Updated or not, that is still extremely helpful. Thanks!
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Welcome.

Just before he left, Hi-Fi promised that the next character released would be Dazzler, though I can't seem to find that post at the moment. You will follow though on that promise, won't you?
    We don't have any announcements that we'll be developing that character, although Dazzler would be amazing to have in the game. I'll pass that along to the team!
    slidecage wrote:
    Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest any chance we will ever see that on steam... sadly im guessing now how badly its dying on moble.
    We've had several requests for that in the past, but unfortunately there aren't any plans to develop it for Steam right now. I'll be sure to let everyone know if that changes though!
    Pylgrim wrote:
    My advice for you (and I apologise for pressuming that you want or need it) is to let yourself be seen around the forums frequently, even when not announcing or discussing official matters. Most of the toxicity in the forums is caused from small (or big) issues that go sour due to a feeling of abandonement produced by days of silence and apathy from the company side. Just a little, personable message that lets people know that you are listening even if you don't have answers yet will make a difference.
    No need to apologize! Constructive feedback is always good feedback. I totally understand, which is why I will do my best to build up a presence on the forum and engage in conversations for both MPQ and MtGPQ.
    We do use a lot of shorthand and abbreviations, and much of the feedback that is given on the forums is specific to player experiences at different points in the (very long-term) progression in this game. We can be helpful-ish on the forums, so if you have any questions about specific details as you get up to speed on the game, feel free to ask.

There are also robust player communities on various chat services (LINE and Discord) where plenty of people would be happy to talk more informally about the game. You know, just in case you like your job so much that you want to do extra job-adjacent activities.
    I really appreciate the feedback and the willingness to help. If I have the time, I'll certainly check out LINE and Discord, although no promises; I'm sure work will ramp up soon icon_razz.gif
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Since you're still responding right now, I've already had questions about whether we can get you on the Discord server. Please know that you're welcome to drop in any time, and the admin team (currently consisting of 2 people) will do our level best to keep the pitchforks and torches put away and ensure that people there behave like mature adults, regardless of the level of forum vitriol.

More seriously - if you have time and want to drop in now, please feel free. Just follow the link in my signature.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Run, save yourself!
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome to the forums Brigby.
  • Saeva
    Saeva Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Brigby wrote:
    I totally agree that more visibility and communication would be great steps towards solving those raised concerns. On top of posting game updates and news releases, I plan on doing my best to check out player posts and engage in conversation as often as I can.
    Welcome to the insanity.

And, at this point, even attempting better communication and community redress -- instead of adopting an attitude of 'This too shall pass' -- would go a long way in resolving some of the long-standing tension on the forum, AFAICT.

I'm excited to see a god-mod who understands this and is interested in addressing the root of the problem. I'm really excited about your general goals and glad you plan to engaging the community. Feeling listened to is half the battle.

Good luck!

[Note: Quote is from intro post over on MtG Forum. I didn't notice where I was at first! *laughs*]

Edit: And, please, drop by Discord via jffdougan. We're really nice over there!
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Welcome to the game Brigby, looking forward to more feedback from the Devs, and more updates about the game and characters! For a match 3 game, it's got a great following and a great community.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Oh, I like this guy already. Welcome to the team Brigby, we hope you survive the experience!
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Hello Brigby! I will do my best not to call you Bigly!
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Welcome aboard! Sounds like you will do fine. Already it feels like you can be approachable. Like someone wrote earlier, even the smallest bit of communication is very much appreciated around here. Even if it is just to say that there really isn't much info that can be announced on certain upcoming projects is welcome. It's the silence from the Reds that gets everyone in a fit about things.

Cheers and good luck!!! icon_e_smile.gificon_e_smile.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello Brigby, welcome aboard! You'll surely find some of us more palatable than others, but one thing for certain is that the more you post, the better the reactions you're likely to get. We've all felt starved for contact for a very long time now. Even if it's just "Sorry, I don't have much/can't say more/have no answers right now" we still like to hear that. Seriously.

Thanks and welcome again!

PS: Please unban simonsez.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Welcome aboard!
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    so, after turfing 3 unusable red hulk covers (and a few others to boot) to get the iso to champ x23, and subsequently pulling ...wait for it... an unusable red hulk cover with the legendary i received, could you try to make it a priority and first order of business to get the ball rolling on colourless cover draws?

thanking you in advance on behalf of everyone who has ever played this game for more than 5 minutes.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    We do use a lot of shorthand and abbreviations, and much of the feedback that is given on the forums is specific to player experiences at different points in the (very long-term) progression in this game. We can be helpful-ish on the forums, so if you have any questions about specific details as you get up to speed on the game, feel free to ask.

There are also robust player communities on various chat services (LINE and Discord) where plenty of people would be happy to talk more informally about the game. You know, just in case you like your job so much that you want to do extra job-adjacent activities.
    I really appreciate the feedback and the willingness to help. If I have the time, I'll certainly check out LINE and Discord, although no promises; I'm sure work will ramp up soon icon_razz.gif

Understood, I think it's a nice way for things to be discussed in greater detail, without the need for posts that are as carefully crafted as the official posts on the forums, as you can easily clarify things right away. Much easier to have a real back and forth.

Many of the moderators are active on one or both, and can point you in the direction of relevant chats.
    El Satanno wrote:
    PS: Please unban simonsez.

3768618c-8cbc-4d6b-9b6c-f72c8915fd07_zpsdh0bwqfk.png
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Hi Brigby, welcome to our community!!!
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice to see some hopes and aspirations. Please don't turn out to be a typical corporate stooge, use the forums as if you were an actual user and join in with general conversations, let's us feel you are one of us and not just here for reposting press releases from marvel.com.

I wish you the best, but better strap in as you may be in for a wild ride.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello Brigby!

As others have said, just post frequently and you're likely to gain a receptive audience. Even if it's just "Hey, I don't know!" it shows you're listening. The MPQ forum userbase can be an unruly bunch, but there's a lot of cool people here and I think it is a community worth investing in. Heck, even our trolls tend to be a bit more interesting/lovable than in most other corners of the internet.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    First off I want to say hello, and look forward to your communication and interactions with the community. I hope you enjoy your time here though I will say we can be annoying in the forums at time, but most of it is because we are passionate about the game.

Fair warning, since support refuses to move my account from steam to mobile you will likely see me complaining about the developers shafting steam users, how they don't want steam user's money, and how steam users shouldn't give them any money until they implement a way to resolve the disparity caused by facebook link and the newly introduced S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts. At no point are these complaints directed directly at you, they are merely me voicing my frustrations of being constantly left out of access to a lot of resources merely because I started the game on steam instead of mobile platforms. That while I fully understand that they can't implement the full signal intercepts program, since they aren't having VIPs watch ads there isn't any reason why they couldn't implement the bonuses just for VIP users on Steam, and why they refuse to let me move my account, even though it was possible in the past.

Beyond me being annoying with that I look forward to reading your future posts, and hope you enjoy the community around here icon_razz.gif
    Brigby wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest any chance we will ever see that on steam... sadly im guessing now how badly its dying on moble.
    We've had several requests for that in the past, but unfortunately there aren't any plans to develop it for Steam right now. I'll be sure to let everyone know if that changes though!
    [/quote]

see above statement about how they don't want money from steam users icon_lol.gif
  • Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    jffdougan wrote:
    When he was around, Will Jennings-Hess would periodically blow up his account and start over.
    Will Jenkins-Hess... that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.