Meet Brigby!

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Brigby here, and I’ll be your new Community Manager at D3 Go!

First and foremost, I want to thank David [Hi-Fi] Moore for all the great work he has done in the past. He has fostered such a passionate and growing community, became the go-to person for any new game releases, and ensured that the forum was a civil and informative platform for players.

Even though I’m still learning the ropes, I’m excited about this community and what I can do to make your experience as the player even better. To add onto that, I’ve included a list of goals I’m hoping to accomplish during my time here as Community Manager:

• Help improve transparency and communication between players and D3 Go!/Development Studios.
• Work closely with Moderators to promote a healthy environment by supporting civil, respectable conversations and discouraging trolls, spammers, and general toxic behavior.
• Increase support for Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest players. (Private message me if you play MTGPQ, and would like to be a moderator for the game!)

And some bonus stretch goals:

• More consistent frequency of contests/giveaways.
• Additional content that gives a behind-the-scenes look at D3 Go! and the development studios we work with.

Whether you’re a long time member of the forums or a first-time poster, I want to make sure that you have a great experience on our forum and in our game, so feel free to shoot me a message if you have any questions or comments! Just keep in mind that if I end up with a lot of messages, it might take me some time to respond to them all, so please be patient. icon_e_smile.gif

The D3 community has some absolutely fantastic players, and I look forward to talking with you guys! I’m very excited for what’s to come, and I hope you are as well!

Cheers,
Brigby

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Welcome Brigby.

More transparency and communication will be very well received.

I personally look forward to more behind the scenes looks. Especially anything pertaining to future plans for the game. And even more importantly, some of the design decisions taken. Like say for instance, boss rush?
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Hai Brigby! Welcome to the team icon_e_smile.gif

Team: Go easy on Brigby - his goals are actually very aligned with what you've all been looking for from a community manager and I am very excited to see the next level of communication!

This is a game that boasts about it's community of 10 million players worldwide.. Our forum population is a sliver of that, but a very engaged population.

Good Luck Brigby!! icon_e_smile.gif
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope you succeed in your goals. Maybe the election cycle has me cynical but I'd rather see someone under promise and over deliver than make statements they may not be able to live up to. I hope you turn the negativity around in the forum and if you follow your stated plan I'm sure you will.

Welcome and best of luck!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Welcome!

If you're comfortable doing so, can you let us know about your prior/current experience with MPQ as a player? I'm not asking to test you or to be a jerk, just curious how much context we should be providing in our feedback and questions to you.

We want you to be able to convey feedback and questions to and from the developers as effectively as possible, and understanding your gameplay experience can help us get a feel for the right amount of detail to provide.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi Brigby! Welcome to the MPQ Forums!

We look forward to having you as the new Community Manager. Some of us are nice, some of us are angry, some of us like to joke around like me. Overall this is a great group of intelligent and dedicated players/customers that you will not find anywhere else.

We've had many ups and downs over the past three years, some of the downs could have been avoidable. A lot of players understand this is a business and we understand there is a lot of work behind the game. We just want to be communicated of changes and additions to the game beforehand, and not after it's already been implemented and doesn't work as intended. Most of us give very good feedback that can ultimately help the devs. Hopefully you can bring very positive changes to the forums. Your goals already look promising!

Good luck icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome and enjoy the ride! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Yaaaaay. Cat's outta the bag, now.

icon_e_smile.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome aboard
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    thisone wrote:
    I personally look forward to more behind the scenes looks. Especially anything pertaining to future plans for the game. And even more importantly, some of the design decisions taken. Like say for instance, boss rush?
    We would definitely like to get more developers interacting with the community, for instance with the developer threads, however we do understand that they're very busy working on updates and iterations to make the game better for you guys! While I can't promise anything right now, I'll be sure to keep vouching for more of that kind of content.
    If you're comfortable doing so, can you let us know about your prior/current experience with MPQ as a player? I'm not asking to test you or to be a jerk, just curious how much context we should be providing in our feedback and questions to you.
    Of course! I want to be as transparent and honest as I can with you guys. (Not too transparent though. Can't be giving away spoilers icon_e_wink.gif )

I'm rather familiar with the Marvel Universe in general, so referencing characters ranging from Captain America to Squirrel Girl is no problem. I am still working my way through the game though, so specific events or missions might be a bit foreign to me. Having said that, we have a very knowledgeable team here supporting me in order to provide you guys an answer as quick as possible.
    (Not using acronyms would be much appreciated too icon_razz.gif )
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I urge you to dig a little into the game to see where we are coming from. Sometimes I feel like the developers haven't actually played their game from scratch. And no cheating btw! Start as a new character first introducing themselves into marvel puzzle quest.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll just leave this here for you
    viewtopic.php?style=1&f=6&t=3600#p58160
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:
    I'll just leave this here for you
    viewtopic.php?style=1&f=6&t=3600#p58160
    Yeah that desperately needs updated lol.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome.

Just before he left, Hi-Fi promised that the next character released would be Dazzler, though I can't seem to find that post at the moment. You will follow though on that promise, won't you?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest any chance we will ever see that on steam... sadly im guessing now how badly its dying on moble.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hail and well met!

My advice for you (and I apologise for pressuming that you want or need it) is to let yourself be seen around the forums frequently, even when not announcing or discussing official matters. Most of the toxicity in the forums is caused from small (or big) issues that go sour due to a feeling of abandonement produced by days of silence and apathy from the company side. Just a little, personable message that lets people know that you are listening even if you don't have answers yet will make a difference.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    I thought your name read "Bigby" and I was getting hyped up for Fables Puzzle Quest. Now I'm sad. icon_e_sad.gif

Welcome
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Brigby wrote:
    Of course! I want to be as transparent and honest as I can with you guys. (Not too transparent though. Can't be giving away spoilers icon_e_wink.gif )

I'm rather familiar with the Marvel Universe in general, so referencing characters ranging from Captain America to Squirrel Girl is no problem. I am still working my way through the game though, so specific events or missions might be a bit foreign to me. Having said that, we have a very knowledgeable team here supporting me in order to provide you guys an answer as quick as possible.
    (Not using acronyms would be much appreciated too icon_razz.gif )

Thank you! That's very helpful to know.

We do use a lot of shorthand and abbreviations, and much of the feedback that is given on the forums is specific to player experiences at different points in the (very long-term) progression in this game. We can be helpful-ish on the forums, so if you have any questions about specific details as you get up to speed on the game, feel free to ask.

There are also robust player communities on various chat services (LINE and Discord) where plenty of people would be happy to talk more informally about the game. You know, just in case you like your job so much that you want to do extra job-adjacent activities.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Welcome Brigby, here have a Flagon of mead on me.
    It contains two pints or one quart.
    icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Any news on the whereabouts of Medusa?
    Are you guys working on a 5* female sorceress to challenge Dr Strange?
    The enchantress will do just fine.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome aboard. Looking forward to a long and productive CM/community relationship.

Wanna echo the other recommendation(s) that you dig into the game; it's one thing to pass along player gripes, and another to be able to articulate those gripes because you've experienced what they're complaining about.

The former might get listened to, but the latter will (one hopes) get heard.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    I urge you to dig a little into the game to see where we are coming from. Sometimes I feel like the developers haven't actually played their game from scratch. And no cheating btw! Start as a new character first introducing themselves into marvel puzzle quest.

When he was around, Will Jennings-Hess would periodically blow up his account and start over.