Meet Brigby!

Comments

• Seasick Pirate
    Seasick Pirate Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    ...I totally understand, which is why I will do my best to build up a presence on the forum and engage in conversations for both MPQ...
    Yes, please!
    swooning.gif
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome. Most of the folks here are very passionate about the game. Some are obnoxious, try to ignore the worst of them and realize that even they are just acting out because they love the game. Good luck with your new post!
  • Kmjakob
    Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Welcome to mpq and i hope you make it better and better. Sad the team wont give the dlc for ps4 players that game is just for standalone on ps4
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Welcome Brigby icon_e_smile.gif
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Welcome! Don't be too intimidated by the forumites.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Welcome and good luck icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome new friend!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome! As others have stated, we are a passionate group, but we really are very friendly and appreciative. Right now, I'd say MPQ is in a state where many of us are quite happy and satisfied, so you've come in at a good time.

I think it would be pretty fair to say that for many of us, this is more than just a game.. it's an obsession that rules our lives icon_razz.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome! PM me if you need to join an alliance that ranges from beginners to T10.

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you on here.

When you do drop a message, please stick around for at least 10 mins to respond to the plethora of responses you'll get on the thread.

One of the things that bothered me most in the past was the hit and run posts. Drop a bomb and disappear. You can even say in your post, that you'll be on for the next 20 minutes to respond to comments, then post a closing message saying you've got to go, but you'll be back at a later date with any more info if at all possible.

Some of us here have great memories, and won't you let you forget a single promise... so be careful when you promise something. icon_twisted.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome, glad to have you.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:

• Help improve transparency and communication between players and D3 Go!/Development Studios.

Brigby's Helpful Hand?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome! Looking forward to your posts. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Welcome, Brigby!
  • Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    JVReal wrote:
    When you do drop a message, please stick around for at least 10 mins to respond to the plethora of responses you'll get on the thread.

One of the things that bothered me most in the past was the hit and run posts. Drop a bomb and disappear. You can even say in your post, that you'll be on for the next 20 minutes to respond to comments, then post a closing message saying you've got to go, but you'll be back at a later date with any more info if at all possible.

Absolutely agree with this. I understand that probably a lot of the time that Hi-Fi would get a bunch of info from the devs, type it up into a release and then post it and that would be all the info he has on the topic so he couldn't really respond to questions but having either one of the devs on standby to clarify things or posting in the thread itself as well would help significantly with putting out fires quickly before people can start speculating wildly about what it means.

Sometimes it can be kind of fun to be teased with upcoming features but most of the time it's really frustrating to be told "Something's coming!" and then we have a week of speculation/hype before it drops and then people are disappointed because rumors started spreading that it's going to be this amazing thing but then it turns out not to be what people expected (see the wording of Elite tokens "replacing Standards" for an example of this).
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Welcome Brigby,

A great introductory post and I echo the majority of comments. It would be nice to see a community manager who also enjoys the game and converse with us as players as well as posting the latest news.

Knowing our feedback is being heard and passed on is all we are after and whilst I'm sure it was being done we didn't really know for certain.

So as a marvel fan can you tell us who your favourite character is?

Lastly I wish you the best of luck icon_e_biggrin.gif. "With great power come great responsibility"
  • Roguewookie26
    Roguewookie26 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Welcome. I am excited to see a new community manager coming in. And i agree whole heartedly with your goals. One of the biggest issues this game has is the lack of communication, which i know is not always the community managers fault. I sincerely wish you the best of luck and hope that they give you the support you need to fix this issue. A little preemptive post about even a possible issue goes a very long way in heading off negativity and frustration. Good luck.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Welcome aboard!
  • Grice
    Grice Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    zulux21 wrote:
    First off I want to say hello, and look forward to your communication and interactions with the community. I hope you enjoy your time here though I will say we can be annoying in the forums at time, but most of it is because we are passionate about the game.

Fair warning, since support refuses to move my account from steam to mobile you will likely see me complaining about the developers shafting steam users, how they don't want steam user's money, and how steam users shouldn't give them any money until they implement a way to resolve the disparity caused by facebook link and the newly introduced S.H.I.E.L.D. Signal Intercepts. At no point are these complaints directed directly at you, they are merely me voicing my frustrations of being constantly left out of access to a lot of resources merely because I started the game on steam instead of mobile platforms. That while I fully understand that they can't implement the full signal intercepts program, since they aren't having VIPs watch ads there isn't any reason why they couldn't implement the bonuses just for VIP users on Steam, and why they refuse to let me move my account, even though it was possible in the past.

Beyond me being annoying with that I look forward to reading your future posts, and hope you enjoy the community around here icon_razz.gif
    Brigby wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Magic: The Gathering - Puzzle Quest any chance we will ever see that on steam... sadly im guessing now how badly its dying on moble.
    We've had several requests for that in the past, but unfortunately there aren't any plans to develop it for Steam right now. I'll be sure to let everyone know if that changes though!

see above statement about how they don't want money from steam users icon_lol.gif[/quote]

Amen to that. I have both Steam and IOS account, and since i spend a LOT of money monthly on both, gotta admit i'm more than little dissapointed with that belittling attitude towards Steam account users.
    No FB bonuses, Shield signal intercept bonuses (and i'm VIP on both accounts) and we're talking serious ISO count on daily basis, as well as other goodies. At least than give us opportunity to merge accounts, so i keep everything on mobile, and stop being frustrated.
    Don't get me wrong, i'm looooving all new changes, characters, and game itself, although its painfully slow for my taste sometimes. But you beed to strive to be better, and this is us telling you what we as clients need. Think about it. And good luck in future icon_e_smile.gif
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Grice wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, i'm looooving all new changes, characters, and game itself, although its painfully slow for my taste sometimes. But you beed to strive to be better, and this is us telling you what we as clients need. Think about it. And good luck in future icon_e_smile.gif
    I suppose I did miss that in my original post. but yeah most users here are quite happy with the recent changes and in general this has been a good year for marvel puzzle quest. It's why I signed up for VIP for the last 3 months despite not feeling like it was really worth it as I wanted to support the game. If I was a mobile user I would feel the shield intercepts were a good addition as well, I mean they really are. It's just that leaving steam users completely out when it gives out is a really bad thing since the steam users play with the mobile people directly. But alas I guess that is the price steam users pay for using the much superior UI.

though to completely spite me I fully expect them to release a tablet only version of MPQ that actually uses the steam UI icon_razz.gif
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Welcome Brigby!

I like your statement of intent, though your lack of knowledge of the game may burden you. Luckily it only takes a year or so of heavy play to catch up somewhat.

I hope you are very familiar with the principles of crisis communication. If not, I suggest you study up. It will come in handy.