MPQ at Marvel.com: Agent Venom Arrives

Options
124»

Comments

• drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Um...... another Venom??? If there was really a need for another Venom would've made more sense to have Anti Venom. Where's Medusa??? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    I've read space knight venom and the symbiote is actually in a good place with flash after having its evil mind cleansed on the home planet. So his black power is nonsense. If this was for brock in the toxin outfit it might make a little more sense.

Until I play him I won't know but for me this looks like a winner for that invisibility and cheap power use. Prof x and him might pair nicely. As he'll buff his tiles that are being generated super quick with such a low cost ability.

This isn't Space Knight, though. This is Agent Venom. Same character but earlier in continuity. The symbiote has obviously not been cleansed yet.

I'm honestly happy about it. Venom: Space Knight is a boring retread of GotG, and the symbiote has basically been lobotomized into a super dull non-character, and I had to give up on the series. I am impatiently waiting for the symbiote to become a symbiote again and not just a tool.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oh boy another Venom, how exciting, said no one ever icon_lol.gif
  • illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Um...... another Venom??? If there was really a need for another Venom would've made more sense to have Anti Venom. Where's Medusa??? icon_rolleyes.gif

Medusa should be next. the devs mentioned later in the year. Don't be surprised if she drops Christmas week. Looks like agent venom is dropping during thanksgiving week here in the US. Yippy, forget family --- enjoy another recycled new character during the holidays.

They ran Ultron i think, could be galactus. During the holidays last year, it sucked. the scaling, the awards and a broken event that kept crashing. So yah us!!!
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2016
    Options
    alvinlal wrote:
    Medusa should be next. the devs mentioned later in the year. Don't be surprised if she drops Christmas week. Looks like agent venom is dropping during thanksgiving week here in the US. Yippy, forget family --- enjoy another recycled new character during the holidays.
    I do agree that Medusa may be next but Agent Venom has nothing to do with Thanksgiving week...

Agent Venom will be a placement prize in Thick as Thieves, starting tomorrow, Thursday, Nov. 17. It's a 4-day event, so it will end on Monday/early Tuesday depending on your time zone and slice. I would say that is when Agent Venom "drops".

After that Simulator will start up and Agent Venom should be the 4* progression reward for SCL7+. Simulator is a 3-day event and will be ending on Thanksgiving Day or early Black Friday, again depending on your time zone and slice. If you say the progression reward is when Agent Venom "drops," generally speaking when doing 4 clears of nodes it takes about the end of Day 2 of a 3-day event to hit the 4-star progression reward, which should still be before people are having Thanksgiving dinner in the US.

They're on a cycle of releasing a new character every 2 weeks. So next after Agent Venom would be Dec. 1. Then Dec. 15. Then Dec. 29. Looks like a Christmas release will be skipped this year, based on how the weeks worked out.

Personally speaking, I think the 4* progression rewards in PVE for the higher SCLs have made new character releases extremely low pressure. There's no more panic that your only chance to roster a new character is by placing high enough; if you want to, you can just wait and hit the progression in the next event. Unless you are super-competitive and absolutely need to have the most number of covers of every single character as quickly as possible, then there is no real pressure to jockey for placement.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    alvinlal wrote:

They ran Ultron i think, could be galactus. During the holidays last year, it sucked. the scaling, the awards and a broken event that kept crashing. So yah us!!!
    Medusa for Christmas? ...Could they include her with a Christmas outfit? icon_e_wink.gif
    I do agree that Medusa may be next but Agent Venom has nothing to do with Thanksgiving week...
    Really? 'Cause a lot of people seem to think this hero's a turkey.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agent number 404.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Interestingly enough, Agent Venom was one of our requests. We figured it as a way to add a more heroic version sans 1* Nerf and 4* Eddie Brock kit. So kudos D3.

Now about that Unstoppable Colossus (w/ Juggs Cyttorak avatar abilities)... so long as there is no Fox impairments
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I mean...MAYBE his numbers are somehow good enough to offset these negative effects? Maybe?

I kind of figured by now Demiurge had figured out that "interesting" mechanics for the sake of being different interests pretty much no one. Oh well.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At higher levels red costs less (for extra damage) and black costs more (for changing)
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This actually looks cool
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, that is a low move, the universally acknowledged worst power is the one you pick for progression reward in the subsequent pve event.

Clearly you took some people at face value when they said 5/0/5 was again the best build for a symbiote character. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Koffitok
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    Wow, that is a low move, the universally acknowledged worst power is the one you pick for progression reward in the subsequent pve event.

Clearly you took some people at face value when they said 5/0/5 was again the best build for a symbiote character. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Am I crazy for thinking it's actually his best power? It does so much damage for cheap and even when it swaps it does good board shake