MPQ at Marvel.com: Agent Venom Arrives

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited November 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone -

Agent Venom makes his MPQ debut and all the details can be found at marvel.com. Join D3 Go! Producer, Josh Austin and Marvel's Ben Chabala and learn more about what Agent Venom is capable of in Marvel Puzzle Quest!

http://marvel.com/news/video_games/26994/piecing_together_marvel_puzzle_quest_agent_venom#ixzz4Q6IypoOC

Comments

• metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So why did we need a second 4* Venom again?
  • BassMuffinFIve
    Options
    metallion wrote:

To maintain the 2 new characters a month that everyone asks for so much, obviously.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanks for the information. It'd be helpful if these stated what * level the character is. I assume this is a 4* (there's reference to already having a 4* Venom), but it's not explicit.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another character no one has been asking for! Yay! Forget that list of characters we want, because that would be too much fun!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bag-Venom
    Self damage, burns ap, why bother
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2016
    Options
    This is the Venom I've been wanting in the game for literally two years, so I'm fine with double-Venoming the 4* tier and the fact that he's Venom: Spaceknight in the comics now. Bring it on!

Also, after looking at his powers, (a) he's going to be a finicky character to manage; and (b) you absolutely do not want him palling around with Red Hulk.

Edit: Before you downplay the character as a whole take a look at those preview screenshots. At 5 ranks, Military Might deals 4K damage for 5+2 AP at level 252. Not even champed. He's going to be a damage machine when boosted.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Medusa is crying.
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I would of been excited if this was another 3*...
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    metallion wrote:

To maintain the 2 new characters a month that everyone asks for so much, obviously.

I would have kept quiet if they released it as a 3* though. I mean, for 3 years they have never released two characters in the same rarity with the same basic name, they even changed Sam's and Steve's names so they didn't have the Captain America name clashing. And now that they screwed up the perfect ddq cycling with Strange, even more reason to be balancing it out.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    irwando wrote:
    Another character no one has been asking for! Yay! Forget that list of characters we want, because that would be too much fun!

They only ask us who we want so they can make sure they don't put them in the game. At least it's not a "let's promote Marvel's latest horrible idea" character
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    meh, really?
    and Simulator again?
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    metallion wrote:

****. Now we have THREE Venoms in the game?

It's not exactly like he's Wolverine or anything.

Or the Black Widow.

Or Iron Man.

Or ... Blade.

never mind.
  • kirk justice
    kirk justice Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    This is actually a character I've wanted for a while, so I'm pretty happy with it. I can also understand why many would rather have a new character, rather than a variation. It also doesn't help that spider-man is my favorite superhero of all time and I'll take anything related to him.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Disney's ban on mutants is starting to hurt MPQ. This one shows the thin character pool they are pulling from.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why? Just, why?
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's a new character AND a variant. Its Flash Thompson's debut, but the symbiote was already here. Fun how it appears with three different characters but not his original host (hint: give us symbiote Spider-Man please).
    I am liking this character, despite not being fan of Flash.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Arphaxad wrote:
    Disney's ban on mutants is starting to hurt MPQ. This one shows the thin character pool they are pulling from.

Flash Thompson has been the only Venom in the Marvel universe for five years and headlined a really well-received solo title for much of that time. It's no more of a reach than Spider-Gwen, Red Hulk, Cho, or Deadpool's X-Force variant.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wait, so pretty much every other power and aspect of gameplay encourages AP hoarding to unleash devastating powers and finish a character in one blow, and now you're giving me a character who punishes me for playing the game ideally?

I'll collect him, but I'll never use him outside of required nodes. Hard pass.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smudge wrote:
    Wait, so pretty much every other power and aspect of gameplay encourages AP hoarding to unleash devastating powers and finish a character in one blow, and now you're giving me a character who punishes me for playing the game ideally?

I'll collect him, but I'll never use him outside of required nodes. Hard pass.
    And the article tells you to use him with AP generators like IM40, who can generate 12 AP in various colors if all 3 CD's resolve... and if you have 2 AP in any of those colors from an incidental match, you will gain the AP, then Venom will be instantly damaged and lose 2 AP...

I'm just not a fan of this guy at this point in time. I guess the AI will be great at playing him.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    With IM40 you should get the AP from his countdowns after passives play out for the turn, meaning you'd have one round of actions to spend any AP above 16 (assuming 5 black covers for Flash) before the backlash kicks in. So you'd need to be sure to have an outlet for blue and green ready to go.

(Also, they'd be fighting for yellow, and since Flash has a rare yellow AOE I don't especially like that as a tradeoff.)