Hubris @ 9/10

Options

Comments

• I play about 2 hours in the evening everynight (more on weekends), I also get some time in while I am at work. usually my lunch hour and 2-30 min breaks are used to play. I am only 15 days in but that has been 15 days straight that I have played. For the most part for my placing in brackets since I have set my goal to keep me in postion for what I need to lvl myself but can push further if the alliance needs it more. First main event I have done was the simulator. In the main I placed between 76-80 to make sure I got all 3 OBW covers, and in the subs (easy was top-50 and Hard just enough to get some recruit tokens.) I have been pushing in the PVP area to get enough points to try and earn the 2* cover which is around 600 pts I believe.
  • Well here is what we could do.
    Does anyone know this guy names Nael in here? He hasn't level any characters in days, nor accepted the Blue Captain from guild rewards.

I do agree on rather having active players, but this way we can just keep the active players in. Then the last slot could go to someone who can contribute a little more to this hulk event. We are jostling for the top 100 again. And we added 2 members but are averaging the same points per player now. Means there has to be a couple people not contributing, and he seems to be the only obvious non active player.

My thoughts would be swap Nael for this guy, and then still add someone in slot 13.
  • If you are getting to that progression reward at 600 at 15 days played I'm impressed. Finishing there when people with end-game rosters swoop in is a whole different feat.

I'm looking for some advice from you guys that have been playing longer. I know about the whole tanking thing. However, outside of tanking the lightning rounds, I always felt like trying for any 3* cover is better for my roster especially now (3 more covers for several of my 3* would make them outlevel my maxed 2s). Besides, tanking kills the alliance score/rewards now. So, since tanking is so last build, how can we maximize gains without tanking?
    My strategy has been to tread water just outside of the top 10 right now until a push on the last day to put me in the top 5 or 10. I find that it keeps me below the radar for matchmaking before I make my push and shield up near the end. Does this make sense?

By the way, Xorm, I'm in the same leaderboard as you looking up from the 13th spot for now. Quite fitting as you dubbed me lord of the 13th spot.

Update: As I posted this the churn has moved me up to 11 without gaining any points. No longer lord of the 13th spot.
  • Rockmaw wrote:
    Well here is what we could do.
    Does anyone know this guy names Nael in here? He hasn't level any characters in days, nor accepted the Blue Captain from guild rewards.

I do agree on rather having active players, but this way we can just keep the active players in. Then the last slot could go to someone who can contribute a little more to this hulk event. We are jostling for the top 100 again. And we added 2 members but are averaging the same points per player now. Means there has to be a couple people not contributing, and he seems to be the only obvious non active player.

My thoughts would be swap Nael for this guy, and then still add someone in slot 13.

Ye id say do it. My guess is thus dude joined when we were public and is a slacker. Not to say slacking isnt good sometimes but i feel thats not what we want.

So ye, my vote is to replace him with mr new guy and if he objects im sure we will find him on the forums.
    Or he gets so sad he will kill himself but hey, we wont know so it wont make us feel bad about it, right? icon_twisted.gif
  • Doesitgoboom:

Go ahead any apply we will work you in. Just do what you can in the PvP event for the Hulk. We keep getting snubbed on the top 100.
  • If you are getting to that progression reward at 600 at 15 days played I'm impressed. Finishing there when people with end-game rosters swoop in is a whole different feat.

I'm looking for some advice from you guys that have been playing longer. I know about the whole tanking thing. However, outside of tanking the lightning rounds, I always felt like trying for any 3* cover is better for my roster especially now (3 more covers for several of my 3* would make them outlevel my maxed 2s). Besides, tanking kills the alliance score/rewards now. So, since tanking is so last build, how can we maximize gains without tanking?
    My strategy has been to tread water just outside of the top 10 right now until a push on the last day to put me in the top 5 or 10. I find that it keeps me below the radar for matchmaking before I make my push and shield up near the end. Does this make sense?

By the way, Xorm, I'm in the same leaderboard as you looking up from the 13th spot for now. Quite fitting as you dubbed me lord of the 13th spot.

Update: As I posted this the churn has moved me up to 11 without gaining any points. No longer lord of the 13th spot.

It is not easy but as I said it is just a goal to shoot for. It is hard when I get smacked down everytime I turn around. But I just broke the 400 pt threshold. All I can do is to try and keep swinging as these covers don't come easy to me.
  • @Killer Rabbit:

I have never really dabbled in tanking. I couldnt speak tohow successful it is. I find that on the offense you should have enough to win most evenly placed matches.

1) You pick who your attacking and can focus fire
    2) You can "Hate" Match to block their AP. AI doesnt do this.
    3) You can Boost
    4) You can match to "duck" large attacks. Wolvie managed to get 12 red somehow? Bring out your weakest character, or the one who will not help as much in the current battle.

So tanking yeah you kill off your lower character and lose points, but really you just end up at the top bracket as a target, AND everyone will retaialte against your **** team you tanked with. Give it a shot, i mean it doesnt hurt the guild ranking as a whole as long as you get your points back, but to meee it seems like its putting a giant bullseye on your back.

Alright. Tips. Best way to lower your mmr? The shield tournament thats always there. Before you go to bed or know you wont play for a while, go in there and sacrifice all of your toons.
    This is what i do. Play some matches till i have about 100 points. Then i kill off all my toons by starting a match. Then just simply retreat out of it before even making a move. Do that 4 times and your guys are dead if they were at full health when you started.
    Then simply bring in the next 3 and kill them off the same way.
    Doing this every so often breaks the game. My lvl 141 lazy thor laughs when i face lvl 12 modern storm and iron man icon_twisted.gif

Now, this only works up untill a certain point value. Its usually around 600-800. When you cross that line the monsters appear so be wary of that.
    So lurking at around 300-500 and then making a quick push workes just fine. Altho, i prefere burning up quick and smacking up a 8 hour shield that lasts the rest of the tournament.

Oh, you in my bracket. Sweet. Damn, hope i didnt hit you. Guess i need to look for names now aswell huh? I usually dont even look when playing so if i hit any of you guys im sorry. icon_twisted.gif

Started this turney a bit sooner than i usually do cause i was bored. Got all the way up to 967 but didnt bother about shielding since it was so long left. Will make a run for it tomorrow again. Most likely break 900 and shield up.
  • Also, love the fact that we have a chatty thing going on here. Keeps me happy.
  • Thanks for leting me in. As I said later tonight and tomorrow morning I will put a little push in to the fearless PVP and see where I can get. Hoping I can push up to the 600 mark to get the Classic Storm cover but it is getting quite tough plus I want to hit a few lighting rounds to try and help get some more iso to lvl my 2*
  • Just took a peak at our standings and we are currently sitting in 89. How hard of a push do we need to remain in the top 100 do you guys think?
  • Well we still have another slot open, so im hoping that recruiting another person active in event with 300-400 points im hoping we are OK. But i couldnt tell you for sure.
  • We should be able to stay within the 100 mark. Of that i have no doubt.

LT rounds are amazing for new players and old players alike. Even if you cant race for the top spots the iso gain and normal recruit tokens for the first rewards are great. Just push up too like 100 points and then leave it if you cant get higher imo.
    The top rewards demands a great roster.
  • Also, did anyone start the pve event yet. If so, what are the timers for the subbrackets.
    Was thinking of joining later to get into an easier bracket.
  • Xormar wrote:
    Also, did anyone start the pve event yet. If so, what are the timers for the subbrackets.
    Was thinking of joining later to get into an easier bracket.

Made the mistake of already doing the first node. When I completed it, more node opened up just in the main event. Not sure there are any sub-brackets for this one.

On the Lighting rounds that all I am doing is trying to get the quick 100 and let everyone slaughter me from there. Want to get about 10 Tokens then rip some hoping for at least one 2* cover.
  • Ye just read the official thread. Seems like there are no subbrackets. Just the main map with changing fights every so often.
    Makes planning a bit tricky. But ill still wait a while i think. Dont want to be stuck with all the crazys icon_rolleyes.gif
  • If you guys still have a slot I'd love to join you. I have been playing for a while now on day 131. Currently my lineup is decent looking but still needs some work. I have a maxed ironman 40 who is my main.
    Thor modern 51
    Storm classic 85
    Black widow gray 30
    Black widow original 30
    Hulk 30
    Invisible woman 30
    Wolverine x force 30
    Captain America 30
    Black panther 25
    The hood 30
    Psylock 20
    Daredevil 20
    Punisher 20
    Spiderman classic 18
    Black widow original 9
    Ares 8
    Currently in the unstable event I have 2500 points at rank 70.
    I play daily so you can expect points from me daily. If you want to reach me you can pm here or at line app under the name clamhandsbr. My ign is theios
  • Heya.
    Well i liked your application. You seem like a friendly one. Im curious tho about your roster and played time. It seems, well, a bit underlvled for that many days?
    But it could just be that i have had alot of free time and i have been playing this game way to much.
    Maybe someone will come in here who plays more normally and tell me to shut up icon_e_surprised.gif

But for now, its a yes from me. If you are active and all that im all for you joining.
  • Also, to celebrate me finally breaking 500 points in dr dooms LT run i bought the 14th slot aswell. Still missed top 2 rewards by 50 points...
  • Xormar wrote:
    Also, to celebrate me finally breaking 500 points in dr dooms LT run i bought the 14th slot aswell. Still missed top 2 rewards by 50 points...

Congrats on your achivement.