A season after cupcakes were killed - yeah or nay?

1235»

Comments

• SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    atomzed wrote:
    - Defintion of cupcakes. Cupcakes are super weak teams that are put out deliberately, so that your teammates will win it easily. at high levels, it's common to see a team of 1* worth 75 points. The experts will take turns putting up cupcakes and shield up before they get attacked. Through this method, the 'bakers' can generate a lot of points to the system. Cupcakes makes it so easy such that a 3* team can get up to 1300.

1. Thanks for the explanation of what it means. Now that I know what it means, I'm glad it's gone, and I'm surprised the developer let it last for any time at all. It's an awful really dumb and bad method that completely games the system and removes competitiveness. For anyone that enjoyed doing it? Well, then you didn't actually enjoy playing. You enjoyed gaming a system. Far from the same thing.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    SirLanik wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    - Defintion of cupcakes. Cupcakes are super weak teams that are put out deliberately, so that your teammates will win it easily. at high levels, it's common to see a team of 1* worth 75 points. The experts will take turns putting up cupcakes and shield up before they get attacked. Through this method, the 'bakers' can generate a lot of points to the system. Cupcakes makes it so easy such that a 3* team can get up to 1300.

1. Thanks for the explanation of what it means. Now that I know what it means, I'm glad it's gone, and I'm surprised the developer let it last for any time at all. It's an awful really dumb and bad method that completely games the system and removes competitiveness. For anyone that enjoyed doing it? Well, then you didn't actually enjoy playing. You enjoyed gaming a system. Far from the same thing.
    You don't fully understand the mechanics that led to cupcakes. I posted a pretty good outline a while back here. IMO there are a lot of poorly designed mechanics used in PvP and cupcakes were employed to help lessen the pain from those mechanics. By removing cupcakes and not really changing any other mechanics the pain is still there, and it's evident from players in this thread after the first full season without them.