No-Pull (Insert Month Here)

Options

Comments

• El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    deadtaco wrote:
    Did this massive opening of tokens fry anyone else's vine? I went from a few to ~23

I'm not above asking for input - these are my unchamped 3* - who should I champ, who should I *GULP* sell. I hate wasting covers.

I'm thinking Loki and Gamora - Loki as Patch's buddy and Gamora is boosted in the next event and is fun with KK.

IXFWfWI.png

Do not under any circumstances spend CP to buy covers for a 3* character. You'll be swimming in 3* before you know it and as soon as you get your hands on a couple 4* (or just one really good one) you 3* roster becomes nothing more than a vineyard for more CP.

Of the ones you have covered now, champ Bullseye or Captain Marvel. They'll give you the most value on offense. Gamora is terrible. The others can do their jobs without Iso.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    deadtaco wrote:
    Did this massive opening of tokens fry anyone else's vine? I went from a few to ~23

I'm not above asking for input - these are my unchamped 3* - who should I champ, who should I *GULP* sell. I hate wasting covers.

I'm thinking Loki and Gamora - Loki as Patch's buddy and Gamora is boosted in the next event and is fun with KK.

IXFWfWI.png

Loki should be one of the last 3*s to champ. He has no damage abilities so only his HP increases each lvl. Plus yes he's a great Patch partner WITH Daken. Keeping Loki low level allows Daken to tank all his colors and safely keeping low lvl Loki on the back. Therefore stop leveling your Loki, keep him at 120 and max Daken. I've defeated many crazy opponents with this team and double true heal saves on health packs.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Still a little dumbfounded that this really happened, but today, CS actually replaced the two duplicate Black Bolt green covers with black ones. It's been about 10 days since I pulled them, and there were some hoops to jump through, but he's now 5/4/2. Maximizing pulls during the window that a specific 5* is in LLs is really the only feasible (non-whaley) way to get a useable 5*. Hoarding FTW.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:
    Do not under any circumstances spend CP to buy covers for a 3* character. You'll be swimming in 3* before you know it and as soon as you get your hands on a couple 4* (or just one really good one) you 3* roster becomes nothing more than a vineyard for more CP.

Of the ones you have covered now, champ Bullseye or Captain Marvel. They'll give you the most value on offense. Gamora is terrible. The others can do their jobs without Iso.

I was trying to figure out why you were telling me not to spend CP as I didn't say I was. Then I saw I had that cp to max column in there. That was put in awhile back for a top tier 3* I had 3 covers dying on the vine and was at 12 covers. I disagree completely when it comes to top 2-4 characters and wasting covers. I'd rather spend the 20 CP and get 3 champ levels and the LT than waste those covers for a little iso.

I am already swimming in covers, thus my dilemma. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Loki should be one of the last 3*s to champ. He has no damage abilities so only his HP increases each lvl. Plus yes he's a great Patch partner WITH Daken. Keeping Loki low level allows Daken to tank all his colors and safely keeping low lvl Loki on the back. Therefore stop leveling your Loki, keep him at 120 and max Daken. I've defeated many crazy opponents with this team and double true heal saves on health packs.

Hadn't thought of this, great point. ****, I already did Loki. I'll do Daken in awhile when I get back on.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I commend all of you who have hoarded all of your tokens for No-Pull November - I've started hoarding my Legendary tokens and CP starting December and it's already driving me nuts!
  • El Satanno
    Options
    deadtaco wrote:
    I was trying to figure out why you were telling me not to spend CP as I didn't say I was. Then I saw I had that cp to max column in there. That was put in awhile back for a top tier 3* I had 3 covers dying on the vine and was at 12 covers. I disagree completely when it comes to top 2-4 characters and wasting covers. I'd rather spend the 20 CP and get 3 champ levels and the LT than waste those covers for a little iso.

As you will. Obviously I think it's a waste of CP, but if you're happy then by all means go nuts.

In other news, I'm still holding onto everything from the past season. The hoard is approaching young-Smaug proportions:
    • 548 silver
    • 171 elite
    • 375 mixed gold
    • 3 heroic 10-packs
    • 64 legendary
    • 1247 CP

Holy ****. That's a lotta prizes...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm having a real hard time getting started on Don't-Pull December... when I do, I'll keep going into Just-Don't January...
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    update:

806 standards (+101)
    3 elite (-15) needed iso
    291heroic (+39)
    39 Lt (+5)
    1621Cp (+192)
    515/234 tacos
    ~430 event tokens (+30)

total LT pulls: 103/300

at the end of this PVP season i'll probably open all my tokens except LT, CP and tacos. I figure that should give me a hefty boost in ISO and covers. Maybe all those extra covers will yield more LT/CP to help me reach my goal faster
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No pull November? you mean Blue balls?
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:
    deadtaco wrote:

As you will. Obviously I think it's a waste of CP, but if you're happy then by all means go nuts.

In other news, I'm still holding onto everything from the past season. The hoard is approaching young-Smaug proportions:
    • 548 silver
    • 171 elite
    • 375 mixed gold
    • 3 heroic 10-packs
    • 64 legendary
    • 1247 CP

Holy ****. That's a lotta prizes...

When you do your pull update you gotta time yourself and post it too icon_e_smile.gif I did about 2/3 of your total stash (not including tacos) and it was way more time consuming than I'd anticipated.

They really need a pull all feature for hoarders.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since we are well into December, the thread title could do with being changed; I'm thinking something like "No-Pull November: Extended Cut / Masochist Edition / 1 month is not enough"
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I decided to open my Elite Token hoard of 216.

star.pngstar.png - 74% (159)
    Storm (Classic) - 16
    Steve Rogers (Captain America) - 15
    Black Widow (Orginal) - 15
    Ares (Dark Avengers) - 14
    Hawkeye (Modern) - 14
    Thor (Marvel NOW!) - 13
    Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel) - 12
    Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men) - 11
    Moonstone (Dark Avengers) - 11
    Magneto (Marvel NOW!) - 10
    Bullseye (Dark Avengers) - 9
    Daken (Dark Avengers ) - 8
    Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - 8
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png - 26% (57)
    Beast (Classic) - 4
    Daken (Classic) - 4
    Colossus (Classic) - 3
    Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy) - 3
    Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) - 3
    Steve Rogers (Super Solider) - 3
    Blade (Daywalker) - 2
    Cyclops (Uncanny X-Men) - 2
    Doctor Doom (Classic) - 2
    Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius) - 2
    Human Torch (Classic) - 2
    Sentry (Dark Avengers) - 2
    She-Hulk (Modern) - 2
    The Punisher (Dark Reign) - 2
    Vision (Android Avenger) - 2
    Wolverine (Patch ) - 2
    Black Panther (T'Challa) - 1
    Black Widow (Grey Suit) - 1
    Daredevil (Man Without Fear) - 1
    Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool ) - 1
    Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange) - 1
    Loki (Dark Reign) - 1
    Luke Cage (Hero for Hire) - 1
    Magneto (Classic) - 1
    Mystique (Raven Darkholme) - 1
    Psylocke (Classic) - 1
    Quicksilver (Pietro Maximoff) - 1
    Ragnarok (Dark Avengers) - 1
    Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) - 1
    Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) - 1
    Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) - 1
    Storm (Mohawk) - 1
    The Hulk (Indestructible) - 1

ISO gain (after applying champ levels) - 79750
    HP gain (after applying champ levels) - 850

I also got ~10 extra 3* from champ levels (didn't keep track)
    Got 4* Nick Fury and 4* x-23 from 3* champ levels.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CT1888 wrote:
    Since we are well into December, the thread title could do with being changed; I'm thinking something like "No-Pull November: Extended Cut / Masochist Edition / 1 month is not enough"

Good idea I was thinking

No -pull November/ 12 days of Christmas

Same format as before and we do our pulling on December 25?
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    CT1888 wrote:

Good idea I was thinking

No -pull November/ 12 days of Christmas

Same format as before and we do our pulling on December 25?
    I am doing Time ... the No-pull Time Gem Season. Or maybe Time Gem (Season) Out.

Anyway, the end of the Time Gem Season is upon us very shortly ... and I have 400+ tokens waiting to be opened...

One nice thing about structuring the hoarding around the PVP seasons is that you don't have to wait a whole month. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Aweberman wrote:
    I am doing Time ... the No-pull Time Gem Season. Or maybe Time Gem (Season) Out.

do you pull once the season rewards are out, or do you wait until the next season shows preview? i thought i remember reading somewhere that they update heroic pulls with new character releases around then
  • El Satanno
    Options
    In just a few hours, the season will be over and my yield will be ripe! I'll be documenting the whole thing as is my custom. And I'll also time the duration as per thisone's idea. Here, then, is my hoard as of just before season close:
    • 581 silver
    • 182 elite
    • 394 mixed gold
    • 3 heroic 10-packs
    • 65 legendary
    • 1338 command points

The Medusa event will cough up another 3 elite tokens. Furthermore, it looks like I'm poised to secure t10 for season (personal and alliance), so I estimate another two 10-packs, a legendary, and 10 command points. Hoo-rah!
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    blargrx wrote:
    Aweberman wrote:

do you pull once the season rewards are out, or do you wait until the next season shows preview? i thought i remember reading somewhere that they update heroic pulls with new character releases around then
    I thought I remembered that, too, but I didn't feel like waiting until the end of the week...

Here are the tokens I have:

174 standard
    108 elite
    76 heroic
    12 legendary
    35 assorted event (PVP)
    18 taco (sweet)
    19 taco (savory)
    8 event (PVE)
    Here is where I stood after the last opening spree:

SHIELD Rank 63 (1760/2025 XP)
    435542 Iso-8
    1295 Hero Points
    321 Command Points

And here's where I stand now:

SHIELD Rank 65 (2088/2125 XP)
    915310 Iso-8
    1430 Hero Points
    691 Command Points

I will not provide a full breakdown of what I get, but I will do so by rarity.

174 standard tokens: 145 1*, 25 2*, 4 3*
    108 elite tokens: 81 2*, 27 3*
    76 heroic tokens: 56 2*, 14 3*, 6 4*
    35 event tokens: 27 2*, 6 3*, 2 4*
    37 taco tokens: 11 2*, 5 3*, 1 4*, 11 iso, 4 HP (250), 3 health packs
    8 PVE vault tokens: 6 2*, 2 3*
    residual heroic tokens: 9 2*, 5 3*, 1 4*

The final tally:

SHIELD Rank 67 (80/2200 XP)
    1242440 Iso-8
    4505 Hero Points
    724 Command Points
    12 Legendary Tokens (continuing to hoard these and CP)

I am very satisfied with that haul!
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I have managed to hoard LT's and CP during a couple of seasons. Something happened the other day that has never happened to me before. I play on both my phone and my tablet. Played on the phone and got the LT from Nick Fury's DDQ and got my 14th Quake cover from the token. I thought, ok, I'll keep it in queue and start leveling her up (she was at around 165). Closed the app and a couple hours later, after I got home from work, I opened the game on my tablet to play a bit and, lo and behold, Quake was not in queue but I had the LT. Played one round, closed the app on the tablet and opened it on the phone and the LT was still there. So, I now have an LT that I know is for a 4* character waiting for me, but not constrained by the two week expiration. Have Quake up to 210 now but still need over 200,000 ISO to max her. So, I have decided to resume the practice of hoarding LT's and CP for the next season.
  • El Satanno
    Options
    I just blew my whole load the other night. It took me hours. I'll be posting the results soon enough, but it's gonna take some time to write them up!