Why I hate PVP

124»

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used to be able to easily hit 1300. Not using a single cc, but clearly using people who scored off of ccs.

Well, now after 900 points, there are no good queues left, so I just give up. I miss earning 25 cp per pvp! It's nice to earn 10 cp, but that's a huge reduction.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    StarScream wrote:
    Can't even play this. I have a grand total of two characters over level 30 and I can only play against teams that by far outclass me. People say to play PVP because the rewards can be good, but if I play it, the game will only take health packs from me. Because there are in-game purchases, I can only assume they want to make money off this game. However since nothing is geared towards new players, they will lose new players faster than they hook them. That is bad business.

New players need to make their bones in PvE same as I did, same as all veterans did, same as it has always been. Do the PvE as far as you can, do as much of the DDQ as you can everyday and horde your CP and Legendary Tokens until you are ready because a 5* right now will screw you. You can place very very high in PvE because of your scaling right now because yes, it is geared for noobers. Don't waste your Hero Points! A new player should only spend those on roster slots. Health packs are an utter gigantic waste for you right now, so are shields. Never use them to buy covers either, you will soon find you will get covers 10 times faster than you can even use them due to ISO shortage.

1- Thats illogical. We can't have players who join in 2017 taking until 2019 to have a single fully leveled 4 star. When you and when veterans and even when I was playing the tiers were far more compact then they are now. A 5 star kills a 1 star with match damage, even un-leveled. Don't use the tired old idea that "one path must be followed forever" because it never has worked and never will. Thats simply not the way of the world. Pvp is poorly conceived and too heavily tied to who's in your roster instead of playing cleverly.

2- No, with CL and a bunch more nothing here is guaranteed, the CL they can reach has placement that isn't even worth earning and it really isn't that much easier to get considering their characters likely have **** moves and are reliant on health packs. I couldn't beat 1 go of a pve sub on starting the games (when there were 5 health packs) because there is in fact minimum scaling.

I will however echo don't spend HP on anything but roster slots until 3 star.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    snlf25 wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    PvP is like the Legendary Wild West as you see it in movies and on TV. I was within 20 points of my yellow Peggy today with 9 hours to go. I nailed it, nobody had hit me and I got my Peggy. I actually shook and felt a little light headed out of relief as stupid as that sounds. I immediately added my cover because God knows never trust the stability of the game with a prize like that at stake. When I exited out I was immediately met with a window saying somebody had ganked me for 49 points. It's a game of milliseconds sometimes. I'm all the way down to 581 points and I'm still in 36th place. PvP for me is nearly impossible. From 400 to 900 it seems the best I do is 27-32 points per match. Over 40 are rare, thank God I found one today. icon_e_biggrin.gif My Peggy is 2/2/3 Level 147 now.

I just pulled another Peggy from a Legendary! 4 Peggys in 4 days!!! OMGOMGWTFBBQ!:shock: icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gifpanic.gifpanic.gifpanic.gifpanic.gifpanic.gifpanic.gifpanic.gifpanic.gifpanic.gif
    Mine is at 9 covers. I don't even know how that happened! Yellow is at 3
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:
    StarScream wrote:
    Can't even play this. I have a grand total of two characters over level 30 and I can only play against teams that by far outclass me. People say to play PVP because the rewards can be good, but if I play it, the game will only take health packs from me. Because there are in-game purchases, I can only assume they want to make money off this game. However since nothing is geared towards new players, they will lose new players faster than they hook them. That is bad business.

New players need to make their bones in PvE same as I did, same as all veterans did, same as it has always been. Do the PvE as far as you can, do as much of the DDQ as you can everyday and horde your CP and Legendary Tokens until you are ready because a 5* right now will screw you. You can place very very high in PvE because of your scaling right now because yes, it is geared for noobers. Don't waste your Hero Points! A new player should only spend those on roster slots. Health packs are an utter gigantic waste for you right now, so are shields. Never use them to buy covers either, you will soon find you will get covers 10 times faster than you can even use them due to ISO shortage.

1- Thats illogical. We can't have players who join in 2017 taking until 2019 to have a single fully leveled 4 star. When you and when veterans and even when I was playing the tiers were far more compact then they are now. A 5 star kills a 1 star with match damage, even un-leveled. Don't use the tired old idea that "one path must be followed forever" because it never has worked and never will. Thats simply not the way of the world. Pvp is poorly conceived and too heavily tied to who's in your roster instead of playing cleverly.

2- No, with CL and a bunch more nothing here is guaranteed, the CL they can reach has placement that isn't even worth earning and it really isn't that much easier to get considering their characters likely have **** moves and are reliant on health packs. I couldn't beat 1 go of a pve sub on starting the games (when there were 5 health packs) because there is in fact minimum scaling.

I will however echo don't spend HP on anything but roster slots until 3 star.

Illogical or not, that is still the system in place after all this time. It's not my system and I'm not the one holding back evolution. If you aren't high leveled and you don't have at least one or two of the best 5 characters champed you aren't going to have a good time. That's on the devs. PvE is still the way for noobs to make the best progress by far. The very reason soft cappers exist is because of the scaling ramps. The poorer your roster the easier it is. I've lost count of how many times the top ten in a PvE bracket I was in was populated by players with no charcters over level 100.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I just went and looked at the top ten in my Venom Heroic and in fact 7 of the top 10 players do not have even 1 4* champion and are in fact getting it done with a handful of 3* champs. PvE is much more foregiving for new players. That just what the game is.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    StarScream wrote:

2 characters over 30? Maybe you should finish the prologue first.

Don't run before you can crawl.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    1- Thats illogical. We can't have players who join in 2017 taking until 2019 to have a single fully leveled 4 star.
    And that is how the game is ultimately going to fail & die. You're exactly right. At this stage in MPQ's lifespan, new players should be put on a greatly accelerated curve. Fully covered 3 stars should be made possible within 60-90 days now. ISO to level them on the same pace. 4 stars another 60-90 days past that perhaps. Or new players should be given some kind of special tokens / selectors where they can be immediately granted some 'starter' characters fully covered and mid to fully leveled (several 2* and 3*). The number of starter roster slots also needs to be expanded and the HP costs for the first batches of additional slots should be further reduced.

But I doubt any of that will happen.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    After about a year of playing I got my first champ 4* (not a top tier one sadly, just what the RNG thought I should have).

I think I was only playing seriously for a couple months. The last season with unmentionable baked treats onwards. My 4* roster is developing fine with champ rewards, Clearance Level 7 placement, and a decent influx of CP (champ rewards help there too).

The game is in a much more playable state than it was before Champion levels rolled out. The peroid right before Champion levels when I was a blissfully unaware newbie seem to be the bad spot in hindsight. Dilution was up, access was down. While I hope CL8 is even better for 4*s distribution the game is pretty reasonable for progress in its current state

Super low level player? Enjoy truly playing when you want and go ace the prologue. There are then the unholy n00b brackets to ease you into the other game modes. Even PvP has them! You just need a working 2* roster going on to the 3* transition, which the prologue should do for you.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Daiches wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

Why should I have to wait? Surely a low level system can be put in place.
  • The Herald
    The Herald Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    StarScream wrote:
    Daiches wrote:
    StarScream wrote:

Why should I have to wait? Surely a low level system can be put in place.

It IS in place. You'll get utterly ridiculous baby brackets with simple placing.

But you need fully levelled 2*s to compete, because you're playing against other players who DO have them.

You're asking for late game content while you are in the tutorial.