Options

Comments

• JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ...The 166 wall.
    ...2 hour node refreshes.
    ...Normal and Hard subs in PVE.
    ...Community mayhem bars to unlock nodes.
    ...Community scaling.
    ...All the essential nodes required the 3*.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't been around that long (I'm on Day 425-ish? I think?) so the only thing I can really reminisce about is buying covers with HP. Although these days I probably wouldn't bother anyway - now that I have a decent stable of 4* champions, ISO has become way more important than covers.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I forgot about 3 stars only going to level 141; I always thought that was such an odd number.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I remember when taking 3* Spidey was mandatory so you could hoard enough blue to stunlock the enemy team before taking them all out at once, but casting Spidey's yellow first so everyone was healed up for the next battle without having to use heal packs.
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I remember when you needed 5 covers of a character to advance one level.
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm sure a lot of these are already gonna be said but let me see what I can remember

3* mags old abilities: 2 AP red board scramble, old blue placing 2 protect tiles wherever you wanted, his current blue used to be purple
    3* spidey old blue costing 2 AP
    TRUE HEALING
    Daken, Loki, Ragnarok, and Dr. Doom only had 2 abilities
    Daken's regen working off of yellow tiles instead of blue
    The old level caps: 141 for 3*, 85 for 2*, and 230 for 4*
    X-force wolvie and invisible woman being called x-food and bag lady
    3* hulk being considered an actual threat
    Environment tiles instead of team up tiles
    Storm's yellow used to be a red that blasted all environment tiles
    BP's yellow scaling with environment tiles
    Hood's yellow generating AP instead of doing damage
    Daredevil's blue was also a trap tile similar to his red
    Devil Dinosaur not being a legendary and only playable during The Hunt
    The old super PvP event that you had to pay hero points to enter, but could win every cover if you got #1
    The old sim PvP being in the prologue tab and running constantly with a ton of 1* cover rewards
    The old sim PvE layout (we didn't have this circular one we have now)
    Team up nodes in PvE only giving you the boosted 3* character
    Essentials requiring only the specific 3* character
    No refresh timers in PvE
    Old HP values (3* wolvie and daken still have them)
    Enemy levels in PvE capped at 230
    Daken/Ares/jugs nodes being satan incarnate
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Back when the game first started leveling used to bring a character back to full health. I remember I used to purposely under level my guys so that when I ran out of health I could just dump some ISO in and watch it become a free health pack. Good memories

And how tacos used to be normal tokens instead of vault tokens. I still have records of those taco draws hidden in my roster spreadsheet, stopped recording them when it switched to vault tokens.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moonstone being able to steal countdown tiles - it was so satisfying to steal a high-powered good countdown and use it against them. I imagine it got to be a bit of a coding nightmare as countdowns and effects become more complex, but still I was sad to see it go.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pepperidge Farms remembers
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    I remember (and still have few unused) boosts like +20% Damage to Mutants, +20% Damage to Brotherhood, +20% Damage to H.A.M.M.E.R, +50% Damage to H.A.M.M.E.R, ...

And later, it was possible to boost more AP than current 2 of each type of +AP boosts.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    Moonstone being able to steal countdown tiles - it was so satisfying to steal a high-powered good countdown and use it against them. I imagine it got to be a bit of a coding nightmare as countdowns and effects become more complex, but still I was sad to see it go.
    same here. and i'm surprised they haven't re-introduced this mechanic to another character since then.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:
    same here. and i'm surprised they haven't re-introduced this mechanic to another character since then.
    Not really... they took it from moonstone in the first place because it created too many coding problems.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Willis wrote:
    X-force wolvie and invisible woman being called x-food and bag lady

IW is still called baglady. Sad but true.

I think the term you were looking for for XFW is X-Farce. I believe that was from his original, pre-buff specs.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I remember when Loki had a purple power that gave enough purple AP to chain into itself forever.

I remember when people thought Black Panther's black did too much damage.
  • Willis
    Willis Posts: 49
    Options
    Chronicler wrote:
    I think the term you were looking for for XFW is X-Farce. I believe that was from his original, pre-buff specs.

Either way XFW was hot garbage before his rework. He had his old green making strike tiles that didn't even scale.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Being excited about new character release: icon_vision.png

Being excited about new character release: icon_quicksilver.png

When both icon_quicksilver.png and icon_scarletwitch.png came out, everyone felt that icon_quicksilver.png would be far superior, as icon_scarletwitch.png 's powers were way too random and scattershot. Boy, how times have changed, as now icon_scarletwitch.png is considered one of the most important star.pngstar.pngstar.png s!!!
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How 2* Storm's passive damage power used to be strong enough to trigger 2* Storm's passive damage power, leading to an unending string of Storm damage back and forth until one team was dead.
    The joy of having the AI match an enviromental tile for no damage, rather than finish you off.
    Hot Dog Carts! (old school environmental effect)
  • BassMuffinFIve
    Options
    Willis wrote:
    Chronicler wrote:

Either way XFW was hot garbage before his rework. He had his old green making strike tiles that didn't even scale.

Wow. I totally forgot about that lol. Didn't it make like 10-15 strength like 15 strike tiles or some ****?? At max level!
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Willis wrote:
    Chronicler wrote:

Wow. I totally forgot about that lol. Didn't it make like 10-15 strength like 15 strike tiles or some ****?? At max level!

No one has mentioned yet that X-Force originally had a green or red power that cost 15 which would clear 3 rows and earn AP! I had the chance to use it once, but just once.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I remember when they buffed Star-Lord only to nerf him 24 hours later.

Shouldn't we be compensated for being beta testers?