Boss Rush Round completion [Poll]

Comments

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Managed to complete round 8, at the expense of 64 health packs for round 7 and 8. I whaled a ddq vault and got that many health packs. If not the health packs I probably won't make it.

At round 7 and 8, I was just constantly wiping... even with a 435 Oml and Phx. But Xdp was the hero, as his black keeps chipping away the bosses health. I only succeeded 1/3 attempts, but the points add up.
  • V1rusHunter
    V1rusHunter Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    atomzed wrote:
    Managed to complete round 8, at the expense of 64 health packs for round 7 and 8. I whaled a ddq vault and got that many health packs. If not the health packs I probably won't make it.

At round 7 and 8, I was just constantly wiping... even with a 435 Oml and Phx. But Xdp was the hero, as his black keeps chipping away the bosses health. I only succeeded 1/3 attempts, but the points add up.

Focus on red with that team? Been using OML, PHX, GR but it's a battle to get enough black consistently to use GR black.

I have 167k to go so considering this alternative team
  • atomzed
    atomzed wrote:

Focus on red with that team? Been using OML, PHX, GR but it's a battle to get enough black consistently to use GR black.

For OML-PHX-XDP, I went in with Red-Yellow dmg boost, Red-Yellow ap boost and Green-Black dmg boost.

Against Boss Phx, focus on denying red. Your OML and Phx will cover for XDP, so any match dmg by Boss Phx will result in the 3k black passive dmg.

Once you get enough ap, immediately fire any power; usually this is Phx red. This will generate strike tiles, which will boost xdp passive dmg.

If you see that Boss Phx has enough power to cast mind wipe next turn, i will try to get my own Phx to tank the hit. At least i have a minor chance of Phx coming back. Sometimes boss Phx will just use her passive to match/ remove the revive cd tile; tough luck then, just carry on dmging her.

The few times i cleared the 3 bosses, is when i manage to get Phx to revive, and i make extensive use of her green.

The MVP is XDP because his black passive adds up. Every turn you get to deal 3k dmg and up to 5k if you have strike tiles out. Even though i will wipe at Phx or SS, at least i deal enough dmg to get points.

P.S. my boss rush level was at 498.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made a reasonable number of attempts on round 8. Not going to continue. Never got past phoenix, about half the time I wipe within 3 turns. There is no arguing with rngesus.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    6 attempts on R8, not one has gone past turn 4. This is hilariously bad
  • V1rusHunter
    V1rusHunter Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    atomzed wrote:
    atomzed wrote:

For OML-PHX-XDP, I went in with Red-Yellow dmg boost, Red-Yellow ap boost and Green-Black dmg boost.

Against Boss Phx, focus on denying red. Your OML and Phx will cover for XDP, so any match dmg by Boss Phx will result in the 3k black passive dmg.

Once you get enough ap, immediately fire any power; usually this is Phx red. This will generate strike tiles, which will boost xdp passive dmg.

If you see that Boss Phx has enough power to cast mind wipe next turn, i will try to get my own Phx to tank the hit. At least i have a minor chance of Phx coming back. Sometimes boss Phx will just use her passive to match/ remove the revive cd tile; tough luck then, just carry on dmging her.

The few times i cleared the 3 bosses, is when i manage to get Phx to revive, and i make extensive use of her green.

The MVP is XDP because his black passive adds up. Every turn you get to deal 3k dmg and up to 5k if you have strike tiles out. Even though i will wipe at Phx or SS, at least i deal enough dmg to get points.

P.S. my boss rush level was at 498.

Thanks, atomzed! XDP is 3/5/5 or 5/5/3? I assume the latter if you want him to survive PHX green
  • atomzed

Thanks, atomzed! XDP is 3/5/5 or 5/5/3? I assume the latter if you want him to survive PHX green

I used 5/5/3 because (1) if i clear Boss Phx, i will be using Phx purple rather than XDP purple and (2) if i have too many strike tiles out, i can't use phx red (create enemy strike tiles) so xdp red is a good alternative outlet.

Good luck! You should be able to do it... i earn about 20k - 30k per battle, even when i wiped. So 30k x 6 = 180k, which should be enough to get you through round 8.
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Just completed round eight, I know I should have quit earlier and have been wiping periodically since round six, but just spitefully kept going using the hulk kk Mohawk storm combo. Used crit boosts (literally used all I had) for the first time in a long time, and even some black green damage boosts to help me do more damage even when I could not finish the boss waves. Just glad it is over, and agree that it was sort of demoralizing to lose over and over, but happy to have only my second Peggy yellow. Do not know if it was worth it, but I did not want to give up once the end was in sight.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Sure, there is more time left in the event to go, but I'm stopping mid way through completing the 7th. For me to even get that far was a combination of using Winfinite, boosting "Pink" as much as possible and the biggest thing... Getting a good starting board.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got the first Peggy cover, then bailed out. Didn't want to go through another round of pain icon_e_biggrin.gif .
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone with a roster of 5s (2+) beated bosses in round7 or round8? And with which team?

My bosses in round7 are 530 level, and I have tried to beat them with some of the team combinations mentioned in the forum but no luck, the bosses are too strong.
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Just finished r8. I used kk, storm and 4cyc. Either you win without the ai making more than one or two matches, or you wipe really hard
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Polares wrote:
    Has anyone with a roster of 5s (2+) beated bosses in round7 or round8? And with which team?

My bosses in round7 are 530 level, and I have tried to beat them with some of the team combinations mentioned in the forum but no luck, the bosses are too strong.

Colog finished using im46, cho, pheonix. I don't have them so I'm not sure how it worked. Maybe pm him on LINE?
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Finished round 4, said "screw this" and haven't been back.

I might even be able to go further, but the length of time the battles are taking is better spent doing almost anything else.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:

Surfer 452, OML 405- bosses are 492. I beat 7 and most of 8 with the Hulk-Kamala-Storm team. I have 180k left, so need to go 2 for 6 tonight.

Especially with PHX, it's either die immediately or take 30 minutes and beat it. No in between. I brought Whales and Retribution to try to clear PHX as soon as possible. That trio sustains fine giving Surfer/Galactus a turn here and there, but PHX is basically Russian Roulette w/ 5 in the chamber on every turn.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2016
    Just finished. Hulkfinite won the day. I only have one champed 4* and didn't use them at all on the boss node. Winfinite is the only way.

Edit: bought zero health packs, 2 all color boosts, only used whales TU once. No TU's used in round 8. 7/8 in round 8.
    Final boss level-417
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, let's see.. there's a nearly 40-page inferno of complaints and anger towards Demiurge at the extreme difficulty, poor structure, and deplorable communications around Boss Rush.

Meanwhile, and despite all that, 65% of players answering in this poll have completed round 6 or higher.

Stockholm Syndrome. What a lovely thing if you're a Demiurge developer.
  • D26
    D26 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Based on this thread, Demiurge will read and respond "worked as intended." If so many people here finished, and this board makes up about 5% (at best) of the player base, I'm quite sure they'll be happy with this event and make no changes.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2016
    So, let's see.. there's a nearly 40-page inferno of complaints and anger towards Demiurge at the extreme difficulty, poor structure, and deplorable communications around Boss Rush.

Meanwhile, and despite all that, 65% of players answering in this poll have completed round 6 or higher.

Stockholm Syndrome. What a lovely thing if you're a Demiurge developer.

Now see what would happen if they put Mr. Fantastic covers in rounds 6-8 instead of the single most desired 4* in the game right now.

Demi knew what they were doing when they put peggy as the prize for this event.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Just finished round 8, 7 hours 30 minutes remaining.