Boss Rush Round completion [Poll]

GuntherBlobel
GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Please vote for the number of rounds that you completed in the Anniversary Boss Rush. The event is still on going, so the poll will be up for 14 days and you can change your answer at anytime. If you are still playing, come back to tell us where you finally end up.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I completed Round 6 but I'm probably done now because I don't need the Peggy blue cover and I couldn't even get past Banner on the first try in round 7
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Finished round 6 so far. I might keep pushing to see if I can clear round 7. It depends on how many times I fail against just the first fight.
  • D26
    D26 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Got through round 5, can win in round six but honestly it's such a grind that I just don't care. I know I won't be able to beat 7 or 8, and banging my head on a wall until I'm concussed and bleeding just isn't fun, so I threw in the towel.

On a positive note, I almost dropped cash to buy more anniversary tokens, so I should thank the devs for saving me money. Thanks guys!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I cleared round 6 and got Peggy red which my 5/3/4 can't use. It's round 7 or bust for me, I need the blue to champ her
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I cleared round 3, made one (pathetically ineffective) attempt at round 4 and realized there was going to be absolutely nothing fun about the event going forward. I haven't touched it since. I wish everyone on the 30+ page of rage and hate had done the same thing. They don't give one single kitty about everyone telling them how much it sucks and how much they hate it. They care about metrics and raw data, and those numbers are telling them people are playing it, every refresh, and making progress in the event. To them, the event is a smashing success! The only way to effectively communicate to this dev team that an event is unplayable is to NOT PLAY IT.
  • MLDB
    MLDB Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    I'm on r8 now, but there's no defense to phx rng. Won once I got past her with a least a modicum of health, but that's 1/4 attempts. I don't expect to finish r8.

For reference:
    My roster is champed 450 oml + ~10 champed 4s
    R6 beaten with oml rulk xfdp won 5.9/7
    R7 beaten with oml rulk xfdp won 4.9/6
    R8 won 1 round with oml xfdp and cyke

.9 means wiped with last boss at 5k health or less so essentially a full clear.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I am solidly in 3* land - Round 6 was it for me. Now it is just a way to wipe to boss wave 1 and use 3 health packs.
  • fruinjuice
    fruinjuice Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    edited October 2016
    ****completed R8 thanks to the KK/MoStorm/Hulk stray with some HB and whale boosts****

2 wins from completing round 7...Charlie's Angels is the only thing that works for me, though I may try Phoenix overswitch to tank the the first few Banner attacks

***Phoenix tanking for GSBW worked...until I realized match 5 made green, not purple***
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Just completed round 6, but cant even fathom spending one more second on this or any future "Boss" event.

D3's concept of "fun" is so unbelievably antithetical to mine it's like they are a different species. I spent 15 years making games, and this event actually offends me.

I realize different people like different things, but given the feedback I've read, I think they should either go with a game that's 100% for the "You're supposed to lose" crowd or abandon this type of event forever.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    I made 3 and left. I don't wanna waste chars on events clearly untested.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wish I could beat round 6 but all enthusiasm and desire to play the event has just drained from me. I opened it up, tried a couple of times and just sighed. I couldn't find the energy to attempt more than 3 times before that bar felt too long to chip away at.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    fruinjuice wrote:
    2 wins from completing round 7...Charlie's Angels is the only thing that works for me, though I may try Phoenix overswitch to tank the the first few Banner attacks

***Phoenix tanking for GSBW worked...until I realized match 5 made green, not purple***

I tried that too, before realizing the green problem. I've had some success with 4* Jean Grey tanking for GSBW. It's not as good because she doesn't tank green (at least not at the levels I have them at) and she's usually dead by the time the combo gets going, but the meat shield helped.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    I tapped out at the end of round 5, it's just too hard, too tough and too much like hard tinykitty work.
    I think boss rush should be a week long event with no timers.
    We could then attempt the missions at our leisure.
    As for this event, if anyone is still playing the cypress hill song comes to mind.

Insane in the membrane
    Insane in the brain!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I think I might have been able to finish round 7 but I just saw that there's a Peggy blue cover in the progression for Unstable ISO 8 and I already have 4 blue covers so what's the point? 2 Red covers and 1 Yellow don't really help her enough but there's no way I can finish Round 8 so I guess I'm done.
  • I dunno maybe its because im new or something but have loved this event. Only problem is each cycle i usually only have max 3 essentials to work with, sometimes only 2.

But beat round 5 and just beat boss rush #1 in round 6 with my Ares, Dr. Doom, Winter Soldier team. Would be cool to beat 6 for that 4*. We shall see
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished round 6. I needed 1 cover to cover max Peggy and now I'm tapping out since I have no where near the amount of iso I'd need to champ her. This event is pretty much unplayable and had I not really wanted that red cover i would have stopped in round 3.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not done yet but 6 full clear left and at worst I can cheese ball through it with hulk-kk-storm, so I'll beat it.

I wiped multiple times in 5-6-7, so it's nice that it's still winnable in spite of that.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I just finished Round 7 and don't really have a chance at 8, but I feel like that's the right level I should have achieved with my roster (solid 4* roster + 10 cover OML @ 375, 8 cover PHX @ 360). I'm very happy with getting 2 Peggy covers. I think the Progression rewards should have been much lower (getting through Round 7 sure felt like it merited the 25 CP). I think if the scaling had been around 15% lower it would have been much more fun. It felt too much like "If I get lucky I can win" instead of "I have a good chance of winning unless I get unlucky". Also with so few good buffed characters I felt like I couldn't have multiple teams, instead I had to use health packs because only one team really had any chance.

So I don't think it was as bad for me as for many other people, and i like the general concept, but it could use a bit of tweaking.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 1 clear to finish 7, then I'll tap out, I just don't have the time or desire to Hulkfinite my way through 8.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Same here as CT1888's post above this one. I completed Round 7, attempted 8 once but it's just too much effort to try and keep Hulkfinite working. One misstep/bad luck turn and it's over, which makes an event that felt like too much work by Round 3 really feel like no fun at all. I don't really know why I played as far as I did, the initial 'puzzle aspect' of Hulkfinite made it feel different the first few times at least, but by Round 7 it is just straight up insanity.

Round 8 was the proverbial straw, could be a decent event if the difficulty curve was tuned down a few notches. At least the unlock nodes didn't scale from 35 to 180 after 24 hours, I guess I could call that progress? But making it more or less the same old grind by Round 3 is kind of absurd in my opinion. In the casual alliance I'm in there are a lot of people stuck at about 50-70k, and that really can't be the intention of this event: giving up because of a prohibiting difficulty curve.