Lord of Thunder - Thor strikes back - 26-28.03

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is the first tournament I'm actively tanking because I have max covers for Patch already. I feel like a big boy now.

Many thanks to whoever managed to get their **** kicked by my default Lazy Thor/L30 Cap/L6 Bag-Man tank team for giving me 28 points and a good laugh, though. I can't even imagine how much bad luck you need to have to lose to that crew. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    I'm guessing The Ladder will be the least of your worries - I'd hazard a guess that he's not going to get up at 3 AM to secure his 50th Patch cover or his 20th green Xforce icon_e_wink.gif

Insomnia is a strange beast... I never quite know when it is going to strike icon_e_wink.gif
  • Sorry, unfortunate side-effect of alliances. In a non alliance PvP, if I don't need the covers I'm more than happy to coast to a Top 25 for the HP and ISO chunk and let others grab the 4*. I used to do that in PvE, too. Now I can't afford to let off the gas.

In case you're in need of another "ffffff" moment, I just found out Nemek is in our bracket too. #badalliancecoordination

It's quite refreshing to just play without a particular placement award in mind. Nice to just go and see what happens. Makes me a little more aware of the iso gain as well for some reason.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Ladder wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    I'm guessing The Ladder will be the least of your worries - I'd hazard a guess that he's not going to get up at 3 AM to secure his 50th Patch cover or his 20th green Xforce icon_e_wink.gif

Insomnia is a strange beast... I never quite know when it is going to strike icon_e_wink.gif

While you're in here, I'd like to take a sec to say how much I enjoyed reading your 'diary' thread while I was still in lurker mode on here. It's nice to know I'm not the only Euro player mad enough to wake up for an hour at 4 or 5 am to make sure you get those covers you want. Hurray for needing very little sleep and being self-employed. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Der_Lex wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

While you're in here, I'd like to take a sec to say how much I enjoyed reading your 'diary' thread while I was still in lurker mode on here. It's nice to know I'm not the only Euro player mad enough to wake up for an hour at 4 or 5 am to make sure you get those covers you want. Hurray for needing very little sleep and being self-employed. icon_mrgreen.gif
    There are more of us. the scAvengers have at least 3 such players, me included. I already sleep 4hrs a day because of this addiction... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Der_Lex wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

I've always been one to go to bed around midnight, but the past few weeks have been driven to bed around 10 o'clock... something tells me that all these middle of the night jaunts might be taking their toll icon_eek.gif
  • gamar wrote:

"Sweet, because my Patch is sitting at 1 cover and a green X-force would be nice too"

*checks player rank, sees #1 walkyourpath*

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffff"

Sorry, unfortunate side-effect of alliances. In a non alliance PvP, if I don't need the covers I'm more than happy to coast to a Top 25 for the HP and ISO chunk and let others grab the 4*. I used to do that in PvE, too. Now I can't afford to let off the gas.

In case you're in need of another "ffffff" moment, I just found out Nemek is in our bracket too. #badalliancecoordination

Hey, it's all in the game. I don't begrudge anyone for playing to win!
  • Dammit.

I was trying to go for the purple MN Mags cover but lost OBW during a win and, in my next match, suffered a total party kill.

I'm hoping that I don't get too many high-point retaliations before I can heal everyone back up and start pushing... I don't necessarily have to be top 5 in the event but I need that tinykitty cover, as it's the main one I'm missing on Mags.
  • Leader in my bracket is Jachdo, so I also suffer from "no shot at first" syndrome.

Would be nice to know in advance when exactly the crazies enter an event. icon_lol.gif
  • WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Leader in my bracket is Jachdo, so I also suffer from "no shot at first" syndrome.

Would be nice to know in advance when exactly the crazies enter an event. icon_lol.gif

Alliances have ruined that too. Every possible entry time will have someone because alliances try and coordinate not to step on each other's toes.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    jozier wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    Leader in my bracket is Jachdo, so I also suffer from "no shot at first" syndrome.

Alliances have ruined that too. Every possible entry time will have someone because alliances try and coordinate not to step on each other's toes.
    They do!?

Note to self: suggest that in the next Alliance meeting.... icon_lol.gif
  • gamar wrote:

"Sweet, because my Patch is sitting at 1 cover and a green X-force would be nice too"

*checks player rank, sees #1 walkyourpath*

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffff"

Sorry, unfortunate side-effect of alliances. In a non alliance PvP, if I don't need the covers I'm more than happy to coast to a Top 25 for the HP and ISO chunk and let others grab the 4*. I used to do that in PvE, too. Now I can't afford to let off the gas.

Well, I might join the "fffffffffuuuuuuu" then...
    Currently sitting right behind you in the bracket, wyp.

Oh well, top spot might be for another time, but at least I'll be happy with some new covers for Patchie (and I'll fight till the end to get that Purple MNMag)
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    I was just attacked for a loss of -0. I've never seen that before.
  • Ah Crazyjames rocking the level 69 Bagman, you must really be crazy. Part of the Isolated alliance Bagman is his highest cover heh...I wish I could donate now...
  • I think my defensive totals have netted me - factoring in losses - over 100 points positively in this tournament. I'm close to 700 on a tournament I'm putting no effort into, for a character I don't need that I thought would be high demand. I was originally planning on tanking myself down to 201st+ place, but now I'm wondering if I should shoot for the top rewards for the ISO - I don't need Patch covers. Admittedly, I could use the 4* (Is it IW? I can't remember. Not that it matters; I need every 4* cover).
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I think my defensive totals have netted me - factoring in losses - over 100 points positively in this tournament. I'm close to 700 on a tournament I'm putting no effort into, for a character I don't need that I thought would be high demand. I was originally planning on tanking myself down to 201st+ place, but now I'm wondering if I should shoot for the top rewards for the ISO - I don't need Patch covers. Admittedly, I could use the 4* (Is it IW? I can't remember. Not that it matters; I need every 4* cover).

It's a green S&V for this 1
  • Chimaera wrote:
    Ah Crazyjames rocking the level 69 Bagman, you must really be crazy. Part of the Isolated alliance Bagman is his highest cover heh...I wish I could donate now...

What a god, I've never been more proud to be part of something than i am now.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    jozier wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

Tell that to walk and Nemek icon_e_wink.gif
  • Speaking of which, I'll be entering in an hour (10pm pacific), anyone want to be bracket buddies?

EDIT: I'll take that as a no icon_redface.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

Jachdo has attention problems. Just keep PMing him lolcat images and youtube videos while you sneak past him...