Lord of Thunder - Thor strikes back - 26-28.03

Options

Comments

• We have no qualms with xforce. He, along with Patch and Astonishing, are all of one Wolverine.

In the name of the X-Force, and the Patch, and the Astonishing.

Xmen
  • I never had Ragnarok in high enough level and I like him a lot less after the nerf so I never visit him in my roster. This must be why I never noticed before that they use exactly the same posing stance for him and Lazy Thor. In other words, Lazy Thor is even lazier than I thought at first. There is really absolutely nothing original about him. lol
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    I never had Ragnarok in high enough level and I like him a lot less after the nerf so I never visit him in my roster. This must be why I never noticed before that they use exactly the same posing stance for him and Lazy Thor. In other words, Lazy Thor is even lazier than I thought at first. There is really absolutely nothing original about him. lol

Thor MN, Lazy Thor and Ragnarok are all the same character in terms of visuals, with only the texture and minor details reworked. The same goes for all other multiple characters: check out four Black Widow variants to see. Hate to break it to you, but that's how it is in MPQ icon_razz.gif
  • Narkon wrote:
    I never had Ragnarok in high enough level and I like him a lot less after the nerf so I never visit him in my roster. This must be why I never noticed before that they use exactly the same posing stance for him and Lazy Thor. In other words, Lazy Thor is even lazier than I thought at first. There is really absolutely nothing original about him. lol

What about the sleeves.
  • Narkon wrote:

All dark avengers and alternate characters have the same pose, with the exception of Spidey and venom. wolverine's and widow's poses are both used by four different characters!
  • GumisK wrote:
    Thor MN, Lazy Thor and Ragnarok are all the same character in terms of visuals, with only the texture and minor details reworked. The same goes for all other multiple characters: check out four Black Widow variants to see. Hate to break it to you, but that's how it is in MPQ icon_razz.gif
    lol. I hadn't noticed this before. I just never considered to compare the different versions. This is a letdown, although understandable considering they are they same character. They look like mannequins trying different clothing instead of superheroes. icon_e_biggrin.gif

EDIT: I take it back. I just read this
    Impulse wrote:
    All dark avengers and alternate characters have the same pose, with the exception of Spidey and venom. wolverine's and widow's poses are both used by four different characters!
    and it doesn't make sense for DA to have the same visuals with the Avengers.
  • It's a little weird, but I imagine it saved some time. It's not like bullseye or dark widow needs their own artwork though. It did take me a while to notice, but once you see it you can't not notice ^.~
  • Hmmmm... definitely need that Ares cover now that I opened up the space for him, but I havent gotten a purple MN Magneto in forever... not to mention that grinding up to 700 will probably be abit of a challenge for me. I could probably throw some matches after that to drop to 50 or just not shield but Im wondering if its worth the effort.

My biggest question though, is why are they still not doing 3 covers for 2* rewards? I could really use 2 more Ares covers... I need 10 more to have mine maxed out
  • I need that purple MN as well. But in my bracket, I don't really see how it's possible. I can only reliably beat Modern Hawkeyes and Captain America if my main guys are injured. Most every other match I see is against a maxed MBW and mine is only at LV 37.
  • altlover85 wrote:
    I need that purple MN as well. But in my bracket, I don't really see how it's possible. I can only reliably beat Modern Hawkeyes and Captain America if my main guys are injured. Most every other match I see is against a maxed MBW and mine is only at LV 37.

Yeah I got a **** bracket too. I think Im abit further along then you, but Im not in much better shape. So far its been nothing but high-level 3 stars (128-140) and superbuffed LazyThors. Im having a hard time finding matches that are worth my while that I can actually win. I might have to just settle for only the Red Ares cover, I dont see myself having the time to grind to 700

Once again though, why has D3 decided to take away the multiple covers for the 2* rewards?
  • is there a reason why the title hero can't be a reward for the tournament they're in?
  • Bygix wrote:
    Once again though, why has D3 decided to take away the multiple covers for the 2* rewards?
    I think they want to slow down the progression of players making the transition to 2* (because we don't see more 2* heroes coming out lately) and force them to use HP to level some abilities. From the dev's side this makes sense, although it is bad for players. In the future we may see this happening to the 3* as well which would mean 1 cover in solo and 1 cover in alliance rewards. If not, they may decide to reduce the 3* to top 30 and the 2* covers to top 100.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Noooooooooo....... was hoping for easy bracket but I've managed to somehow join at the same time as TheLadder again...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:
    Noooooooooo....... was hoping for easy bracket but I've managed to somehow join at the same time as TheLadder again...
    I'm guessing The Ladder will be the least of your worries - I'd hazard a guess that he's not going to get up at 3 AM to secure his 50th Patch cover or his 20th green Xforce icon_e_wink.gif

I'm going to tank after 300 I think, I could care less about any of the rewards, and I certainly won't be trying for 1200 for the Lazy Thor cover and spend a gazillion on shields for that.
    It's kinda demotivating that we had that reward at 1100 for exactly _one_ tournament - which apparently enabled more than 10 people to reach that, so of course it had to be set back to 1200 again *sigh*
  • Bygix wrote:

Once again, because they wanted to slow down the 1* -> 2* transition to the pace of the 2*-> 3* one.
  • kidicarus wrote:
    Same here icon_e_smile.gif
    I expect some good old school competition.
  • is there a reason why the title hero can't be a reward for the tournament they're in?
    As you'll tend to do better if you already have lots of covers for the character, it'd tend to be less of a motivatior than playing for another character.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    kidicarus wrote:
    I'm guessing The Ladder will be the least of your worries - I'd hazard a guess that he's not going to get up at 3 AM to secure his 50th Patch cover or his 20th green Xforce icon_e_wink.gif

I'm going to tank after 300 I think, I could care less about any of the rewards, and I certainly won't be trying for 1200 for the Lazy Thor cover and spend a gazillion on shields for that.
    It's kinda demotivating that we had that reward at 1100 for exactly _one_ tournament - which apparently enabled more than 10 people to reach that, so of course it had to be set back to 1200 again *sigh*

I'm going up to 500 myself. Don't need the Patches, but the 50 HP from progression, the 100HP and the iso from a decent rank are worth going for.

The 3* cover being at 1100 came at the cost of removing the HP at 500, and I'd rather the HP than the cover being a little lower (but still almost impossible to get)
  • Gah. Trying to get to 300 points but hit 230 and now just surrounded by level 70-80 guys who beat the **** out of me icon_cry.gif

Would you go with C.Storm (lvl 38) IM35 (50) Hood (41) MBW (38), Wolv (38) or IW (30) as a two-team besides a 23 Thor? I seem to be facing 70+ Thor's along with other higher enemies that just wipe me.
  • Would you go with C.Storm (lvl 38) IM35 (50) Hood (41) MBW (38), Wolv (38) or IW (30) as a two-team besides a 23 Thor?
    The Hood might be handy if you've got covers for Dormammu's Aid (more chance to use abilities, less used against you). Not sure what pairing's best with those levels, though.

It does sound like you're facing a very tough crowd. Maybe you should tank this one (now, or after you hit the 300).