Class of 2016 only for the vets

124»

Comments

• Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Pants1000 wrote:
    After playing the event a little, it's more like Simulator with no one boosted. Ok I see a few boosted characters, mostly Red Hulk, but I climbed to 500+ easily using a couple unboosted champed 4's against mostly champed 3's.

BFF was a pain, but Class of 2016 isn't bad at all.

I have similar experience - just like Shield Sim. I'm using 3* champs against other 3* champs. Sometimes I see some crazy champed/boosted 4*, but I just skip them.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I'm doing okay, and I'm about as far away from a vet as you can get. I see some teams I have no chance against, but there are still some I can reasonably take on. It does feel similar to SHIELD Sim in points lost/gained in being attacked. So far I'd had a positive net. I expect that to change a bit as I climb, but amazingly no one destroyed me overnight this time as usually happens if I don't shield. I'm hoping for 900 still. It does suck that the CLs aren't on this.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I'd love to see them run "Class of 2013" next year, but with a twist: Either boost those characters to 550, or lock out all other characters. I like the lock-out model in general, in fact, but the OP reminds me that this would exclude a lot of players with undercovered current-year chars. Going from Year One, though, would alleviate that.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally I've had no trouble with this event. BFF was definitely a pain but this event is ok. I was even going to moan about rulk being boosted again but then I realized that punisher and quake are boosted and thought actually rulk won't be an issue.

I was also expecting to see lots of boosted phoenix but so far I've seen very little.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I'm assuming what you really mean is that the anniversary is for hardcore vet players, and not those of us who refuse - or don't have the time - to grind to top 10 in PVE, or shield-hop in PVP, or who aren't a member of a competitive alliance?

"Refusing" to play = "refusing" to progress. If you rather play casually then expect casual results. Silly to gripe about anything else.

The anniversary is benefitting everyone. More iso, very easily obtained tokens on a very rich vault. It's raining progress on my noob account, even tho I only play 1 match per event on it!

ALL events in the game are better suited to those who play hardest. That's been the rule in MPQ for 3yrs. The last (and only!) pvp event I recall being casual/noob friendly was Combined Arms. Haven't seen that run in a loooong time. If it ever runs again it will probably be 3*, 4*, 5* icon_lol.gif

What is this game you speak of, " Combined Arms"?
    If it benefits casual players why in heavens name would they take it away.

Come on guys think of the casuals and the 12 hour shift workers, once in a while
    #just saying
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm assuming what you really mean is that the anniversary is for hardcore vet players, and not those of us who refuse - or don't have the time - to grind to top 10 in PVE, or shield-hop in PVP, or who aren't a member of a competitive alliance?

"Refusing" to play = "refusing" to progress. If you rather play casually then expect casual results. Silly to gripe about anything else.

The anniversary is benefitting everyone. More iso, very easily obtained tokens on a very rich vault. It's raining progress on my noob account, even tho I only play 1 match per event on it!

ALL events in the game are better suited to those who play hardest. That's been the rule in MPQ for 3yrs. The last (and only!) pvp event I recall being casual/noob friendly was Combined Arms. Haven't seen that run in a loooong time. If it ever runs again it will probably be 3*, 4*, 5* icon_lol.gif

Come on guys think of the casuals and the 12 hour shift workers, once in a while
    #just saying

Combined Arms was an off-season event when you had to have 1*, 2* and 3* on your team (one of each). No 4* allowed.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Magic wrote:

#just saying

Combined Arms was an off-season event when you had to have 1*, 2* and 3* on your team (one of each). No 4* allowed.

Then they should bring it back immediately, I like the sound of it.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean... I do have a Champ Totally Awesome Hulk, but I team him with 3* IM and 4* Thor (an older char), and am doing just fine.
  • I'd love to see them run "Class of 2013" next year, but with a twist: Either boost those characters to 550, or lock out all other characters. I like the lock-out model in general, in fact, but the OP reminds me that this would exclude a lot of players with undercovered current-year chars. Going from Year One, though, would alleviate that.

This event would also revert the 2013 characters back to their original versions? So we could all truly go back in time?

Would-You-Really-Like-To-Go-Back-In-Time-4.jpg

... and bring back all the old school mechanics, like environment tiles? (out with them TUs!)

MPQ-Tactical-considerations-on-the-board-fist-icons-do-damage-over-time-610x915.jpg

... and having to collect a jillion covers per character....?

MPQ-Storms-stats-and-skills-610x915.jpg

I still think taking environmental tiles away was a dumb move for the game. 100x more interesting than team-ups. Actually made the levels matter.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should bring back Lone Star. It was a PVP with only 1* characters. All the vets hated it and didn't want to grind, so I got 1st place for the first time with a score of like 600-something.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I'd love to see them run "Class of 2013" next year, but with a twist: Either boost those characters to 550, or lock out all other characters. I like the lock-out model in general, in fact, but the OP reminds me that this would exclude a lot of players with undercovered current-year chars. Going from Year One, though, would alleviate that.

This event would also revert the 2013 characters back to their original versions? So we could all truly go back in time?

No, but YES. Who knows the coding hoops that'd need to be leapt through, but a "play like ya used ta" event would be a hoot (and maybe would provide some perspective).
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Personally, I'm really enjoying this event. Which is saying something since I usually don't give a rodents hind quarters for PvP. X23 and Peggy work great together. And both are buffed.

My Peggy's red does a little over 14k damage for 9ap. And her blue stuns 2 enemies for 3 turns then the 3 cd tiles do over 11k damage each.

So, for me, this event is going great. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Personally, I'm really enjoying this event. Which is saying something since I usually don't give a rodents hind quarters for PvP. X23 and Peggy work great together. And both are buffed.

My Peggy's red does a little over 14k damage for 9ap. And her blue stuns 2 enemies for 3 turns then the 3 cd tiles do over 11k damage each.

So, for me, this event is going great. icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

But should that be the intention for every event? "If you have just the right characters covered and leveled, you'll have a ball! The rest of you will hate it, but hey maybe next time you'll hit the lotto and be able to enjoy at least part of it!"

I'm squarely one of the vets the OP is talking about and I can't even hit 300 points without burning every health pack.

The double ISO has been nice, but both PVP events this time around have been just godawful and zero fun for me.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Hey, hey, hey....Someone from above was listening, Combined Arms incoming. It's in the sneak peak line-up.
    Looking after the little people, I like it. icon_e_biggrin.gif