Class of 2016 only for the vets

gigatilburg29
gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
edited October 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Only 4 stars are powered up, this pvp is not for the majority of the players but for the vets only!

So far the anniversary pvp stink big time, best friends was awful, devil dino wasnt good either because most of players sold the devil dino covers a long time ago because of roster space en now this.

A anniversary season but cant even hit the 3000 progression for a 10 pack (((((

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are wrong. This is an event for the owners of a champion 5* that was released in 2016. All the max Phoenix and BSSM are going to slaughter everyone.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just looked at the list and realised just how slow my 4* progression has been. Out of that list I have Red Hulk and...maybe Ghost Rider due to luck? He's 2/5/5 and only level 200, so I'm not sure how much use he'll be.

I'm going to end up an easy target. Every other 4* on that list is fairly under covered. I guess I kinda have Miles Morales too, but he only has 3 covers for his red.

I remember having a much better shot last year. But then, we still had new 3*s happening then with lots of ways to gather specific covers. Also we hadn't had the Champion nerf either.
  • gigatilburg29
    Anniversary should be events that every player enjoys, they should have ran class of 2015 simultaneously.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pure unadulterated ****, pandering only to the hardcore and the whales.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE!

These **** devs, I swear...
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Class of 2016 looks very rough and I haven't even started it. Looks like a rerun of BFF with another Character added. Those boosted 5* teams are already giving me chills... icon_eek.gif
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    We all knew what this event would be everyone release since the last anniversary boosted. Why are people acting like any of this is a surprise?
  • gigatilburg29
    Nobody is acting suprised, we are just commenting on it because the event started.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    5* boost are miniscule these days
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2016
    Only 4 stars are powered up, this pvp is not for the majority of the players but for the vets only!

So far the anniversary pvp stink big time, best friends was awful, devil dino wasnt good either because most of players sold the devil dino covers a long time ago because of roster space en now this.

A anniversary season but cant even hit the 3000 progression for a 10 pack (((((

I agree, its going to be brutal.
    Blood will be spilt, mobile phones will be thrown in frustration.
    3* and 4* teams will be the best cupcakes ever seen in the history of the game.
    Vets will be popping champagne.
    People will cry, some will rage quit.
    But " you're supposed to lose" will be trending on Twitter.
    Am I going to play?.... (Said in the angry deep voiced style of a red faced maniacal Vince McMahon) Hell Yeahhhhhh

Happy anniversary icon_lol.gif
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    A nice event for Whales only. I am a veteran in the 3rd anniversary and only have RHulk maxed in this class. The progression is a joke.

Adding insult to injury - the 900 points covers is class of 2016 great...... Nick Fury!
  • KingDon
    KingDon Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    This looks brutal, the class of 2015 was a fun pvp but this seems harsh.

I will try to make it to 400 to get the 3 x Anniversary tokens but this will harm my chances of getting to 3k for the 10 pack (I was aiming for 500 in each of the pvp's and 1000 off of the simulator but after only posting 200 in BFF this was looking less likely but a 900 in the DD pvp has swung it around)
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will get pounded on harder than the broken Friends pvp.

Double ISO=awesome
    Boss battle=hopefully awesome (although we all know it will be hellish and broken)

PVP season has been dreadful. Can't wait for it to be over. If it wasn't for the ISO I would have dropped from my alliance and waited it out, just doing enough for anni tokens.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anniversary should be events that every player enjoys, they should have ran class of 2015 simultaneously.

That's kind of a neat idea. Though if they were to do that I would want them to make you choose one and then be locked into it, not play both.

Yeah this event looks unplayble for me. I have a hand for of 1-2 covered 5* boosted (only by less than 10 level), then my 3* champs with no boost, then a bunch of unplayable covered 4*s only boosted to ~140. I will probably still play a tiny bit to grab as many of the early anniversary tokens as I can then quit pretty early. The name is at least appropriate cause this event reminds me of high school, there is a party going on but I wasn't invited.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Magic wrote:
    A nice event for Whales only. I am a veteran in the 3rd anniversary and only have RHulk maxed in this class. The progression is a joke.

Adding insult to injury - the 900 points covers is class of 2016 great...... Nick Fury!

Ya, I didn't even think about this but you are right, it should have at least been someone from 2016. A Phx cover would have been awesome!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    We all knew what this event would be everyone release since the last anniversary boosted. Why are people acting like any of this is a surprise?
    Nobody is acting suprised, we are just commenting on it because the event started.
    Maybe we need those flash cards they use with autistic kids to teach them the difference between various facial expressions like "surprise" and "anger"...
  • timbopp
    timbopp Posts: 88
    Magic wrote:

So it's an event for whales only but you're also upset about the arguably rubbish Fury cover, which presumably you probably won't even get because it's an event for whales only. Wouldn't "adding insult to injury" be a really great cover that you'd have trouble getting.
    Whenever there's an event I think I'd struggle in I'm generally relieved when there's an undesired cover reward.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe, just maybe, 3rd Anniversary PVPs are meant for the people who have stuck with the game for 3 years?

The complaint about the reward is legit, though. It should have been a "Class of 2016" 4*, preferibly one of the most recent.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Maybe, just maybe, 3rd Anniversary PVPs are meant for the people who have stuck with the game for 3 years?

The complaint about the reward is legit, though. It should have been a "Class of 2016" 4*, preferibly one of the most recent.
    I'm glad they stuck with the set rotation - with their track record in anniversary so far they probably would have broken double ISO in this PVP too had they changed the cover.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    timbopp wrote:
    Magic wrote:

So it's an event for whales only but you're also upset about the arguably rubbish Fury cover, which presumably you probably won't even get because it's an event for whales only. Wouldn't "adding insult to injury" be a really great cover that you'd have trouble getting.
    Whenever there's an event I think I'd struggle in I'm generally relieved when there's an undesired cover reward.

In a way you have a point about "aiti" quote. Maybe it's double insult. Not sure. A great cover (say Peggy) would probably push way more players into trying hard. When I see a grand prize (yes - 900 cover is the grand prize in PvP for me) that is so horrible in an event that looks (I haven't started yet so not sure) like will be non-playable.... on an anniversary week.... serious insult and grave injury icon_e_wink.gif Still - i will try it, and probably go to 600-800 points, drop one 3h shield to protect the score and go home with a Gamora cover as my bragging rights.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    This event is not for the vets. Most vets actually DON'T have a lot of these characters champed because they already had a strong team of maxed 4*s at the end of 2015. Personally I have Red Hulk, Ghost Rider, Quake, Venom, Chulk, and Howard all champed: Rulk and Quake being the only ones I champed with intent to play, the others were chosen based on covers that I earned as I attempt to champ all the 4*s. But I really won't get to use them because it's still going to be the same OML/Phx show as always. I'd love to run some Rulk/Chulk/Quake/Howard combos but my hands will be tied by 5* MMR.

Once a year they change things up and do something fun. Having 1 event that celebrates what Colog affectionately referred to as "The Irrelevant" 4*s is a cool thing to do. It's fun to look back at who was released this year and maybe get some play out of characters that don't make it out onto the field very often.