Dr. Strange hero and event incoming...

124»

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if they'll take that chance to rework which 3*s give which 4*s as Champion rewards?
    Unlikely, as they don't want the flak from all the people who already passed 4* rewards they would have preferred, and don't want to grandfather a bunch of free 4* covers to avoid the flak. So then...
    Which Legendary will Dr. Strange support? A supernatural character would fit best I think. Ghost Rider would be most likely, but Hood and Blade already provide the Rider. Luke Cage was a reoccurring member of The Defenders. I wonder if they'd use him, considering how new he is to the game. Then again, any other likely choice would be newish too. The only other supernatural Legendary I can think of is Moon Knight. So Luke Cage or Moon Knight from champion levels. What do you think?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    zodiac339 wrote:
    I wonder if they'll take that chance to rework which 3*s give which 4*s as Champion rewards?
    Unlikely, as they don't want the flak from all the people who already passed 4* rewards they would have preferred, and don't want to grandfather a bunch of free 4* covers to avoid the flak. So then...
    Which Legendary will Dr. Strange support? A supernatural character would fit best I think. Ghost Rider would be most likely, but Hood and Blade already provide the Rider. Luke Cage was a reoccurring member of The Defenders. I wonder if they'd use him, considering how new he is to the game. Then again, any other likely choice would be newish too. The only other supernatural Legendary I can think of is Moon Knight. So Luke Cage or Moon Knight from champion levels. What do you think?

There's enough 3* Characters that need their 4* champ covers changed (just as simple examples, 3* Luke Cage and Punisher should give out their 4* equivalents) that I could see them using this opportunity to update those rewards. Would be nice to see Steve give out Peggy as well, since FalCap already has a feeder.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    They can always make him give Gwenpool covers.
    Gwenpool-4-retail-incentive-variant-cover-Marvel-hot.jpg
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:
    They have said Kaecilius is also coming to the game (though I don't know if they confirmed that he will be a playable character). If he is coming as a playable 4*, that would make sense, like Magneto (Classic) --> Prof. X.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not thrilled about there being a new 3*, I'm hoping he misspoke and mean 4* and 5*. It seems possible because he also said Devil Dinosaur was a lot stronger so clearly we can't take everything he said as fact. icon_lol.gif
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    They have said Kaecilius is also coming to the game (though I don't know if they confirmed that he will be a playable character). If he is coming as a playable 4*, that would make sense, like Magneto (Classic) --> Prof. X.
    I take it from the lack of an actual article in wikipedia (just a paragraph among other Marvel characters) that Kaecilius is not particularly important. Likely will be a NPC enemy during the Dr. Strange PVE. Put in game because he's in the movie. They must be saving a bigger enemy for the sequel.
  • From what was talked about at NYCC, it will be a 3* version and a 5* version.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:
    I take it from the lack of an actual article in wikipedia (just a paragraph among other Marvel characters) that Kaecilius is not particularly important. Likely will be a NPC enemy during the Dr. Strange PVE. Put in game because he's in the movie. They must be saving a bigger enemy for the sequel.
    I'm expecting Mordo to have a heel turn in the movie or in the end credits, but Kaecilius is who Marvel is claiming is the movie's villain in their press.