Dr. Strange hero and event incoming...

Comments

• thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    All I know is that I want him. I want him bad. icon_e_smile.gif

But also you would like to roster him and use him in game too? icon_e_smile.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    thisone wrote:

icon_e_biggrin.gif

That, too.
  • thisone
    thisone wrote:

icon_e_biggrin.gif

That, too.

How you doing doc? Still writing?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    thisone wrote:

I am. Lots. More writing than playing these days. Hope you're doing well. icon_e_smile.gif

All work and no play makes doc a dull girl.
  • thisone
    thisone wrote:

I am. Lots. More writing than playing these days. Hope you're doing well. icon_e_smile.gif

Good stuff, glad you've found a nice balance. It wasn't always in that order if I remember icon_lol.gif

Yeah, going well here. Life is good, new job, very rewarding and i'm good at it. Enjoying mpq loads since all the changes. 4* transition nearing completion. Who'd have thought that would happen!
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Strange deserves 5 star.png as Bolt and m46 are 5 star.png. Illuminati power icon_mrgreen.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    I don't know that there is anyway to say that Marvel has been proactive when it comes to making movies about anything other than 25-40 year old white guys. They have done it very grudgingly and very late. Hell, DC's movie universe is a flaming trainwreck after just 3 films and they are already in post-production for a female-led film.
    What are you going on about? I grew up in the 90's and pretty much everything that was shown to me in the marvel universe was white people and mostly males, is this a problem sure but it's what they showed. Until the 2000's I didn't know who black panther or Carol dancers is (or any of the ms. Marvel equivalents). Why would they rush straight into making movies about people that aren't their most profitable figures (hulk, captain America, iron man, Thor, spider man) that doesn't make any sense.

Uhm......because it is simply THE RIGHT/ EQUITABLE / FAIR THING to do?

What on earth........?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    I don't know that there is anyway to say that Marvel has been proactive when it comes to making movies about anything other than 25-40 year old white guys. They have done it very grudgingly and very late. Hell, DC's movie universe is a flaming trainwreck after just 3 films and they are already in post-production for a female-led film.
    What are you going on about? I grew up in the 90's and pretty much everything that was shown to me in the marvel universe was white people and mostly males, is this a problem sure but it's what they showed. Until the 2000's I didn't know who black panther or Carol dancers is (or any of the ms. Marvel equivalents). Why would they rush straight into making movies about people that aren't their most profitable figures (hulk, captain America, iron man, Thor, spider man) that doesn't make any sense.

What on earth........?

Even ignoring that (it being the "right thing"), Guardians of the Galaxy was a pretty out there choice in terms of popularity, and they'd only really had one great run in their existence. Ant-Man was an iffy choice as well, especially since they chose to use Scott Lang instead of Hank Pym. I can pretty easily argue that BP and Cap Marvel were around the same level of popularity of those properties before those movies came out.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:

What on earth........?
    If for instance black panther was their highest grossing icon and they decide no let's not do this because he is black, yeah huge flag avoid these people at all cost. This is not the case with marvel.

Even ignoring that (it being the "right thing"), Guardians of the Galaxy was a pretty out there choice in terms of popularity, and they'd only really had one great run in their existence. Ant-Man was an iffy choice as well, especially since they chose to use Scott Lang instead of Hank Pym. I can pretty easily argue that BP and Cap Marvel were around the same level of popularity of those properties before those movies came out.
    While I fully agree that guardians was far out there ant-man (Hank Pym) was a founding member of the avengers. Since they were going for avengers it was an obvious choice.

Also if like wm was played by a white guy or falcon was then yeah a problem, if they completely wrote off wasp as never being a thing because she's a girl yes a problem.

And as far as wonder woman, they were also going towards justice league and she is a major character so it is obvious that they were going to make a movie about her. Where as when I think of avengers and women I think of wasp and scarlet witch which have both been in the cinematic universe.

I'm excited to see the black panther movie and the captain marvel movie because I dont know anything about them, but they shouldn't have been put before the big money makers. Let's not forget that marvel went bankrupt....
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    While I fully agree that guardians was far out there ant-man (Hank Pym) was a founding member of the avengers. Since they were going for avengers it was an obvious choice.

Also if like wm was played by a white guy or falcon was then yeah a problem, if they completely wrote off wasp as never being a thing because she's a girl yes a problem.

And as far as wonder woman, they were also going towards justice league and she is a major character so it is obvious that they were going to make a movie about her. Where as when I think of avengers and women I think of wasp and scarlet witch which have both been in the cinematic universe.

I'm excited to see the black panther movie and the captain marvel movie because I dont know anything about them, but they shouldn't have been put before the big money makers. Let's not forget that marvel went bankrupt....

Yes, Hank Pym was a founding Avenger (so was the Wasp, for that matter). But Ant-Man was never a Hank Pym movie. Even back when Edgar Wright had started working on the movie, he had let people know in a roundabout way that it was a Scott Lang movie.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    On topic I really hope doctor strange has some good tiles manipulation abilities.
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    JHawkInc wrote:
    All I know is if they release Strange as below than 5* now, they will have to bring the 5* version after. Too many people participated in Buyclubs ( ALOT) because they were hoping for Dr.Strange to come out as a 5* as they trying to hoard the Cps and tokens. I really hope sooner or later, Strange has to come out as another 5* even though they released 2*, 3* , 4* Strange before. But they have to release 5* or else there will be a lot of angry buyers coming to complain. Including Me.

I mean, I want the high buyers to be happy, because they keep the game running and all that, but if what you want is 5* Doctor Strange, why would you invest heavily in getting one before actually making sure that it exists? That's a bit of putting the cart before the horse, is it not?

I mean, if Strange turns out to be a 4*, it'd be your own fault that you ended up disappointed, and it would be extremely unfair to complain to the devs about it.

I do understand that and I have no problem if he comes out as a 4* or less. I am speaking for many other buyers who "love" the character and really aiming as he should be "Powerful". This is based on ones perspective as they see in comics and has a stand alone movie coming out.

It is correct that it would be our own faults to IMAGINE things by ourselves. The point is it's not what we were thinking on our owns. We have sources, I have sources that normally reliable but of course it's just something people can call it as leaks, spoilers etc.

Simple as Black Widow 5*. I am talking about MPQ releasing 5*s based on their ideas to things? We wouldn't know what's the next 5* would be. It's about What Characters that has ability to live as a 5*. So for my opinion, Do I think Black Widow deserve a 5*? HELL NO. So here, we are talking about Dr. Strange. A powerful sorcerer that can manipulate reality and will be a main key character in The Avenger 3s.

I just threw my thoughts there and not blaming Devs or anyone. I "expressed..." my feeling as if he will never come out as a 5*, then WE will be disappointed.

But so what? All the buyers have been hoarding Cps and Tokens up to 10,000 Cps + (Not me) because they have the love for Strange. They have rights to be disappointed as well. But if he's not a 5*, so we spend Cps on next 5*s then! End of story. So don't pick on my simple comment just because I wanted to write something from my mind. Since when we can't express our thoughts to what we doing, playing or spending on.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    If Dr. Strange is indeed a 5-Star, there is no way they will give one out for free. One can hope tho...

IM46 and 5Cap would like a word.

Strange should be a 5 (we're due), and if he is, it's fairly likely his event will be a boss-type event.

<Insert Willie Wonka "So tell me how..." gif here>

So tell me how they were 100% guaranteed covers in a PVE format like Growth Industry, Amadeus's Inferno, or Webbed Wonder (or even The Hulk and Prodigal Son PVE's)?

They were only "guaranteed" if you were in a top tier alliance that could finish Round 7+ in those boss events.
    That is is not even close to a typical PVE event where the reward is given by beating a node.

If it is a boss type event, it will be the same as 5-Star Iron Man and Captain America were, which means only Round 7+ as these two were.
    Which means only top tier alliances will get those "guaranteed" covers.

Ah well, I've got almost 50 Latest Legendary Tokens saved up. I should manage to pull at least one with that, but I'm on a bad streak now of 20+ Classic pulls with no 5-Stars, so...
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    http://reviewfix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Marvel-Puzzle-Quest.mp3 Listen to this, sounds like a 5* and 3* version
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I do understand that and I have no problem if he comes out as a 4* or less. I am speaking for many other buyers who "love" the character and really aiming as he should be "Powerful". This is based on ones perspective as they see in comics and has a stand alone movie coming out.

It is correct that it would be our own faults to IMAGINE things by ourselves. The point is it's not what we were thinking on our owns. We have sources, I have sources that normally reliable but of course it's just something people can call it as leaks, spoilers etc.

Simple as Black Widow 5*. I am talking about MPQ releasing 5*s based on their ideas to things? We wouldn't know what's the next 5* would be. It's about What Characters that has ability to live as a 5*. So for my opinion, Do I think Black Widow deserve a 5*? HELL NO. So here, we are talking about Dr. Strange. A powerful sorcerer that can manipulate reality and will be a main key character in The Avenger 3s.

I just threw my thoughts there and not blaming Devs or anyone. I "expressed..." my feeling as if he will never come out as a 5*, then WE will be disappointed.

But so what? All the buyers have been hoarding Cps and Tokens up to 10,000 Cps + (Not me) because they have the love for Strange. They have rights to be disappointed as well. But if he's not a 5*, so we spend Cps on next 5*s then! End of story. So don't pick on my simple comment just because I wanted to write something from my mind. Since when we can't express our thoughts to what we doing, playing or spending on.

Come on man, you know better than to wave comics around because the star levels are wrong. That isn't how MPQ has ever worked, and you've been around too long to justify getting grumpy over things like that.

But that wasn't my point. My point is that you said people had spent money on something that doesn't exist yet, and that if it never came out at all they'd be disappointed (and you included yourself in that group), and I called out that nonsensical logic. This isn't about whether Doctor Strange is a 5* or not. This is about the foolish notion that people are entitled to a 5* Doctor Strange because they already spent money in buy clubs to be ready for him, without the confirmation that he would ever be available as a 5*. I didn't make that up or change the subject, I based it off of what YOU said in your initial post. Don't take it so personally. If I'm not allowed to pick out a comment and address it, then what on earth is the point of making it in the first place?
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    JHawkInc wrote:

Come on man, you know better than to wave comics around because the star levels are wrong. That isn't how MPQ has ever worked, and you've been around too long to justify getting grumpy over things like that.

But that wasn't my point. My point is that you said people had spent money on something that doesn't exist yet, and that if it never came out at all they'd be disappointed (and you included yourself in that group), and I called out that nonsensical logic. This isn't about whether Doctor Strange is a 5* or not. This is about the foolish notion that people are entitled to a 5* Doctor Strange because they already spent money in buy clubs to be ready for him, without the confirmation that he would ever be available as a 5*. I didn't make that up or change the subject, I based it off of what YOU said in your initial post. Don't take it so personally. If I'm not allowed to pick out a comment and address it, then what on earth is the point of making it in the first place?

Now we have a confirmation as he will be 3* version and 5* version. Seems like there's nothing to talk more. I respect your thoughts and we all have rights to share our ideas about things. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Matt Murdock
    Matt Murdock Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    You guys both have good points. Yeah it may not be logical to spend a lot of money on something that may not come to fruition. But emotions are not always logical. You have the right to be disappointed if he is not a 5*... there were some rumors/leaks that said he would be. Im moreso stockpiling for 5s in general... but it would be nice to be able to use it to get some strange. (that might have been better phrased icon_lol.gif )

However, the fact that they say he is getting his own event seems to indicate he may not be a 5*, unless they are trying something different.

Edit: okay, i see now that he is getting a 3* release? Presumably that is the one that will be featured in the event
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    xdogg wrote:
    http://reviewfix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Marvel-Puzzle-Quest.mp3 Listen to this, sounds like a 5* and 3* version
    Oh God, finally a new 3* char icon_e_biggrin.gif !!!
    (not every one thinks releasing only 4/5* is exactly exciting or "fun"... )
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless they start making more consistent ways to get to new 5's or 4's besides throwing peoples salaries at this game, I don't care much about new characters, at all. I can't get excited and I can't see how others can, especially with how unless you spend a good chunk the character will remain useless for a year or so. icon_e_confused.gif

There's delayed satisfaction, then there's simply reality.

A 3 at least is somewhat easy to acquire (by easy i simply mean not entirely dependent on a random draw), while unfortunately likely won't have much use outside of pve.

4's are a joke, and odds are we are going WAY past the 40 mark for them and there is still no good way to get them, infact the 4 star tier is even more difficult to break into then he 3 star tier is because of a lack of DDQ.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Felessa wrote:
    xdogg wrote:
    Oh God, finally a new 3* char icon_e_biggrin.gif !!!
    (not every one thinks releasing only 4/5* is exactly exciting or "fun"... )
    I wonder if they'll take that chance to rework which 3*s give which 4*s as Champion rewards?