Iron Man MK.40 Tournament

Options

Comments

• Ahh this sucks, I'm #1 in my bracket. seems everyone else wants to be where I want to be (at #26-50) as I'm not getting attacked nearly as much as I normally would by this close to end of the tourney.
    You can tank your rating by retreating then hitting "Yield", where the skip button usually is.
  • Ahh this sucks, I'm #1 in my bracket. seems everyone else wants to be where I want to be (at #26-50) as I'm not getting attacked nearly as much as I normally would by this close to end of the tourney.

You must the first one to complain about being #1 icon_e_wink.gif 3 star cover x3 beat 2 star cover x2 for me, but hey, you can play the game as you want icon_e_smile.gif
  • Yeah, competition was stale. Barely got attacked at all in the last hour.

Buffed Thor tourney next. This is gonna be one ugly slugfest.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, competition was stale. Barely got attacked at all in the last hour.

Buffed Thor tourney next. This is gonna be one ugly slugfest.

I agree, I only got attacked once in the last hour as well.

I finally finished my grey suit black widow with the green cover. The 300 ISO and 50 HP were a nice bonus for selling the red and purple as well.
  • Yay, I wound up in the 26-50 sweet spot!

Weirdest tourney yet. Not only few attacks in last minutes (most came 15-30 before end) but people were yielding to give up points (I had two do so). Fortunately offset by someone else attacking, so I didn't have to do the same myself.

I think this next one will be much the same. Although all the prizes kind of suck.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Zathrus wrote:
    Yay, I wound up in the 26-50 sweet spot!

Weirdest tourney yet. Not only few attacks in last minutes (most came 15-30 before end) but people were yielding to give up points (I had two do so). Fortunately offset by someone else attacking, so I didn't have to do the same myself.

I think this next one will be much the same. Although all the prizes kind of suck.

Grey suit black widow is an under rated cover. Combine her 5 cover green Sniper rifle with a high level Ragonark with his green tile creating 2 AP Red ability and you can take a team down fast.
  • Bainee wrote:
    Grey suit black widow is an under rated cover. Combine her 5 cover green Sniper rifle with a high level Ragonark with his green tile creating 2 AP Red ability and you can take a team down fast.
    It seems like there's a lack of 3-star heroes (as opposed to villians) and cards with green.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    Yay, I wound up in the 26-50 sweet spot!

Same here I was watching the last 10 minutes seeing my rank going up. Had to yield to stay at a safe rank 30.
    And with my first lightning token from the new tournament I pulled a red Thor cover completing my 5.
  • Wow, I managed a top 2 place with a total of 838 points.
    My first grey suit covers icon_e_biggrin.gif
    The attacks were constant though just got lucky on timing I think
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    I yielded once and put out a really **** team to lose some rank.

Probably didn't need to, but I ended up in the 26-50, so I'm a happy camper.

A little bit of revision probably happening at D3P offices when people are intentionally losing.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ended up with Two Thor covers (Yellow and a green one finally) which is perfect timing for the Thor tournament.

Probably the first tournament where I didn't mind getting attacked because the prize above that was Grey Suit Black Widows purple ability and I really didn't need that. Also big thanks to some grinding, got my first Model 40 cover too, which is nice.
    You can tank your rating by retreating then hitting "Yield", where the skip button usually is.

Damn, didn't think of doing that. When I noticed I wasn't falling back fast enough to reach #26, I did a last minute scramble to pull myself from #8 back to #1 but only made it as far as #3. I should have just been happy with 1st. Would've liked the Thor cover, since woulda come in real handy for the new Thor tournament.
  • Super tournament. I was 3rd seven hours before tournament ends. Then I got to sleep. I wake up and got -250 points and get a standard cover. I win Hawkaye with that. Hurrayyy. Super lucky icon_e_smile.gif. Standard end of tournament. I only can get progress rewards from tournamnet so that is a plus. 500 hero points was nice. Tournament rewards did not concern European players

PS: congrats your covers
  • damn it. almost got 1000 point reward . 996 slammed to 860!!. going up to 968 slammed again to 880. for 2 straight hours!!! icon_evil.gif finally finished in top2. still regreting the 500 hero point icon_cry.gif
  • damn it. almost got 1000 point reward . 996 slammed to 860!!. going up to 968 slammed again to 880. for 2 straight hours!!! icon_evil.gif finally finished in top2. still regreting the 500 hero point icon_cry.gif

I know what you mean the highest I got was the 900 ISO reward and kept getting slammed back after that as well.
    Congrats on finish place though
  • Waking up at 4am allowed me to defend top 10 position icon_e_smile.gif But even with playing constantly it wasn't an easy task.
  • Woke up to a top 25 place, which is about par for the course.

Looks like the next tournament's going to be a hammerfest, lol.
  • Thanks to all people that wanted to be in between 25 to 50. I never got attacked in the last half hour and made second place icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Woke up at 4...got me #1 spot....me happy...
  • Was on pace to hit the top two going into the last battle. Lost the last battle as I got hit for -50. Got in the top 10 as a consolation prize.