Iron Man MK.40 Tournament

Comments

• The Ladder wrote:
    Level 92 iron man reporting damage of 127 for yellow, 143 for red, 111 for blue and 8.5x for multiplier but yet I'm given Spidey and Ragnarok tiles instead? Can you get someone to look at this please Ice?

It looks like its using the pre-buff values to determine the attacker. I wound up leveling my 80 iron man model 40 to level 91 so that he would have a higher base damage than spiderman on blue and yellow. I tried to make venom the third, but even though the base damage on green and black should have been higher on Iron Man Model 40, venom was the attacker.
  • Vexed wrote:
    I attacked ladder with only 1000 hp left lol.... He owned me in 1 turn.

Are you Vex? You have been relentless. Diebomber got in 3 wins on me somehow. I'm a bit annoyed with that. That and some other wins dropped my score by over 150. Managed to stay first somehow.
  • luckily this time no one retaliate on me. got to 600 rank 1 for now waiting others to catch up to break the 1100 target
  • Is it worth leveling up iron man, will he be useful in other competitions when he is not buffed by 200%?
  • Pace282 wrote:
    Is it worth leveling up iron man, will he be useful in other competitions when he is not buffed by 200%?
    based on high ap requirement. IM40 is better suited as tank and charging AP if not buffed. but in this tournament, high level IM40 is deadly. But not many using or leveling him
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    MissMarvelBoobs, if this forum ever gets avatars, I look forward to yours.
  • Is it supposed to be a 200 person bracket? I'm 226 right now.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Vexed wrote:
    I attacked ladder with only 1000 hp left lol.... He owned me in 1 turn.

Are you Vex? You have been relentless. Diebomber got in 3 wins on me somehow. I'm a bit annoyed with that. That and some other wins dropped my score by over 150. Managed to stay first somehow.

Yeah..forum didnt allow 3 characters so I chose vexed. U kept appearing as a challenger lol. I was hoping you would keep attacking me as you were high 600s lol. I tend to choose a few opponents with high pts and keep battling them over and over, keeps the range of attackers to a minimum. Last thing I need is 6 people to retaliate. I really think people shouldnt be able to challenge an opponent 300 pts ahead of them.. So annoying, I skip em and hope they dont find me again.
  • Fear the environmental tiles!

With IM buffed environmental tiles to 8, I discovered the power of 2nd environmental skills in very painful way yesterday. Also he can gather them very quickly - crit tile + 3 env tiles = 280 tiles icon_eek.gif

During one of matches, half of board suddenly turned red and all my AP was gone. I was like 'What just happened?' icon_e_surprised.gif Enemy gathered ton of red AP and Thor pounded me to ground with Mjolnir's Might. That was 'Forest Fire' - turns all green and forest tiles into red and removes all AP of enemy.

You have been warned! icon_e_wink.gif
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Crits in this tournament are crazy. My IM does 3000-4000 damage if I crit on red/yellow/blue.

I also never realized environment tiles were multiplied by crits, I always thought it was a waste to crit on them, but apparently not.
  • For anyone reading this, now might be a good time to push for the 800 point progression award (100 Hero Points).

I just came back to check out my status, had a pile of messages from earlier, managed to pick my way up to 800 using a mixture of retaliations and random matches, must have won 15 matches with only one hit taken. Can't push to 1000 yet as not enough people 800+ to take points from yet. So feel free to smack me while I bide my time icon_twisted.gif
  • Hm, in my 'elo' range it seems hard to get to 800. I got to 600 relatively easy but now there aren't enough opponents worth enough points.
  • As far as I'm aware, we all share the same pool for attacking, just not for rewards. You might have to cycle through a lot of matches though.

I'm very much hoping that matching gets changed soon, so it's easier to find equal or higher opposition.
  • As far as I'm aware, we all share the same pool for attacking, just not for rewards. You might have to cycle through a lot of matches though.

I'm very much hoping that matching gets changed soon, so it's easier to find equal or higher opposition.

Wasn't it explained somewhere by IceIX that we all have a hidden rating over all tournaments? I thought that is what determines who we can attack and who can attack us. But perhaps I got something wrong there...
  • Mommson wrote:
    As far as I'm aware, we all share the same pool for attacking, just not for rewards. You might have to cycle through a lot of matches though.

Wasn't it explained somewhere by IceIX that we all have a hidden rating over all tournaments? I thought that is what determines who we can attack and who can attack us. But perhaps I got something wrong there...

It would make sense if there was because I never see absurd level teams that people keep complaining about. I do place extremely well though. Whatever system they are using, they need to add some kind of current tourney rank points filter to it.
  • not enjoying fighting in the level with the crit tile at all
  • Mommson wrote:

Yes, your rating is determined by your placement in all tournaments
  • Shikao wrote:
    Fear the environmental tiles!

With IM buffed environmental tiles to 8, I discovered the power of 2nd environmental skills in very painful way yesterday. Also he can gather them very quickly - crit tile + 3 env tiles = 280 tiles icon_eek.gif

During one of matches, half of board suddenly turned red and all my AP was gone. I was like 'What just happened?' icon_e_surprised.gif Enemy gathered ton of red AP and Thor pounded me to ground with Mjolnir's Might. That was 'Forest Fire' - turns all green and forest tiles into red and removes all AP of enemy.

You have been warned! icon_e_wink.gif

I tried for an hour this afternoon to replicate this and couldn't seem to find any combo where IM would get credit for buffed 8 environment tiles (and the obscene amount if matched with crit tile). Sounds like it could be fun to use some of those advanced environment powers!
  • The elemental can be fun now....got to 928 before I was put back in place....
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I tried for an hour this afternoon to replicate this and couldn't seem to find any combo where IM would get credit for buffed 8 environment tiles (and the obscene amount if matched with crit tile). Sounds like it could be fun to use some of those advanced environment powers!

I managed to use 'Forest Fire' mentioned before, which was basically game ender with my Thor =] 'Narrow Alley' is also pretty nice, destroys two columns on both sides of board.
    However, I got bad luck as well - 'Thorned Rose' on turn 2 or 3 gave opponent very unfair advantage =/ (it's the one where you trade 100HP for 5AP of each color)

And basically I am much more cautious with enemy gathering environmental tiles.