One star skirmish MAR 24 - MAR 26

Options

Comments

• Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I was curious to see what would happen...I came across Eddiemon running the aforementioned team. I went with Storm, IM35, and Venom. Juggs downed Venom, but once Storm got board control it was over. These are interesting little fights though.
  • kaepamerica7
    Options
    one star skirmish would be 100x better if everyone could be used but the one stars get super buffed
  • one star skirmish would be 100x better if everyone could be used but the one stars get super buffed
    Then we would have another X + Patch or CMags or Spidey.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was curious to see what would happen...I came across Eddiemon running the aforementioned team. I went with Storm, IM35, and Venom. Juggs downed Venom, but once Storm got board control it was over. These are interesting little fights though.

None of mine are maxed yet, which makes a difference. Storm is a gamble, in that she can be just about one shot by jugs. But her board control is fantastic on offence.

I make my points killing storm, widow, iron man. But once in a while storm and widow get control and it is al over. I have levelled significantly since then though, and I now have the damage to reliably crater storm. Once she is a smear on the landscape it is just a grind down issue.
  • Juggs/IM/Venom just got their first defensive win for me. That was a pleasant surprise.
  • I'm aiming low in this one. 3 recruit tokens are marginally more interesting to me than Mag or hood covers right now.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    one star skirmish would be 100x better if everyone could be used but the one stars get super buffed

Could be further enhanced by banning a few characters. I think we could really have some more interesting tournament with buffed *s and a selection of other things that are relatively rare to see. fighting the same matches against the almost same team is boredom.
  • Seriously? I sold my juggs and IM35 like hours before before this tourney began... now I have neither of maxed 1*s to place decent nor weak enough 1*s to tank. I hate my life.
  • Peacemaker wrote:
    Seriously? I sold my juggs and IM35 like hours before before this tourney began... now I have neither of maxed 1*s to place decent nor weak enough 1*s to tank. I hate my life.

Guess you also auto-click away the news page, it was up on the board for quite some time.
  • Yeah only one stars I have is a 50 storm, 35 venom and I added back in a 2 cover widow. I thought even with two i might be able to complete a few matches. Nope storm has every color except purple and just dies badly. Might finish this tournament with 22 points -.-
  • Heh, had little to do so used a bunch of health packs to get my team up to scratch. A Storm/Juggernaut combo (I actually got six turns in the entire round) later and my team is wiped out. Brought everyone back in a fit of rage, same thing happens except Venom Devours to finish me off.

This game is really pissing me off today icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I've been riding the roller coaster on this tourney... #2 one minute, out of the top 50 the next because a bunch of people below 100 points targeted me.

The plus side of this is that I end up getting a lot of ISO trying to regain my spot, which helps me pad out my Juggernaut to level 40. A tourney like this is the only way I can justify spending so much building up a one-star from scratch, as I'd previously sold my Juggy for a roster spot.

Maybe next time around I'll have built my Venom up to the point where I can start preying on the various IM35-Storm-Widow teams more easily...
  • Emeryt wrote:

How about a "Lowest Cover" tourney, where the only characters available are the lowest cover version of that character?

This excludes a lot of the more abused characters in the process because many of those have multiple versions out there.

DQed characters under such a tournament would include OBW, Classic Storm, Modern Hawkeye, Patch, Classic Spidey, Classic Mags, IM40, GSBW, Lazy Thor, Gold Cap, and X-Force Wolverine.
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

How about a "Lowest Cover" tourney, where the only characters available are the lowest cover version of that character?

This excludes a lot of the more abused characters in the process because many of those have multiple versions out there.

DQed characters under such a tournament would include OBW, Classic Storm, Modern Hawkeye, Patch, Classic Spidey, Classic Mags, IM40, GSBW, Lazy Thor, Gold Cap, and X-Force Wolverine.

Interesting, but would require more work. The Punisher, Hulk, Psylocke, The Hood - those are some characters whose lowest cover is 3*, and would decimate the one stars and most two stars.
  • GumisK wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:

Interesting, but would require more work. The Punisher, Hulk, Psylocke, The Hood - those are some characters whose lowest cover is 3*, and would decimate the one stars and most two stars.

*shrug*

Make it a one and two star tourney and call it something like "One-Two Punch".

Possibly exclude Classic Storm, OBW, and Modern Hawkeye because they have one-star versions and the former two are likely the characters to be most abused if a straight one-two star character tourney were run.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    Possibly exclude Classic Storm, OBW, and Modern Hawkeye because they have one-star versions and the former two are likely the characters to be most abused if a straight one-two star character tourney were run.

And we shall call it 'Thorverine-fest?'
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Teke184 wrote:

And we shall call it 'Thorverine-fest?'

Thorverines everywhere!!!! Hide yo kids hide yo wife!!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still debating whether I should bother entering. I did accumulate all one stars after the last tourney, yet somehow never found the ISO to level them properly.
    I don't have the need for Hood, however I'd love another blue Baglady.
    Probably going to see for how much ISO I can milk tonight's lightning rounds and then play some tomorrow. Subs in simulator definitely are of a higher priority at the time this finishes.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Still debating whether I should bother entering. I did accumulate all one stars after the last tourney, yet somehow never found the ISO to level them properly.
    I don't have the need for Hood, however I'd love another blue Baglady.
    Probably going to see for how much ISO I can milk tonight's lightning rounds and then play some tomorrow. Subs in simulator definitely are of a higher priority at the time this finishes.

Are you in an alliance? If so, check to see if the other members need that Hood cover. If not, whatevs.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:

*shrug*

Make it a one and two star tourney and call it something like "One-Two Punch".

I think it is a programming issue but I would like to see a "Six-Pack" tourney; 1 X 1*, 1 X 2*, and 1 X 3* only on each team. It would be M. Storm or Widow most likely for 1*'s bit after that I think there might be a fairly different variety of choices for the 2* and 3* slots.