One star skirmish MAR 24 - MAR 26

Options

Comments

• pasa_ wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    The team I'm running now - MStorm + OBW + Punisher. Very powerful on offence. I wish they could do another round of No Man's Land. With new IW and Psylocke it will differ a lot from the previous edition.

You run that really? No wonder you get ton of heat -- it's an attack magnet. And hardly anyone pass the retal too.
    Yeah, but I tend to play in the times when there's minimal chance of retaliations. This team allows for quick grinding - I'm able to get 500-600pts within an hour. When the heat is on I switch MStorm for Hulk.
  • Yellow Hood as Alliance reward.
  • Hood covers for this tourney.

Hood Yellow is split off into alliance rewards for the top 100.
  • Alliances basically get a guaranteed yellow Hood cover, and top 50 gets a black cover.

This is a gift to those of us without the grit and patience to fight for top 8 (or 2) in a Hood LR.
  • Boo on those cover prizes.

Even weirder is the 2* prize is PURPLE MagNowTo...all of them...for every tier.

....prolly jump at 50 min. mark and try for MagNowTo.
    ...checking....
    Yep. Currently 3/3/3, with a 3/5/5 or a 3/5/4 planned.

See ya with 50 min left!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It sucks that the only 2* cover is a purple m. mags, but I need him so that's cool. Feel bad about not getting points for my alliance that way though
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    Even weirder is the 2* prize is PURPLE MagNowTo...all of them...for every tier.

That is as intended. IceIX said in another thread that the devs felt that players were moving too fast from 1* --> 2** and the game plan was for the 1** --> 2** transition to take as long as 2** --> 3***. He said the change was to generally require new players to build maxed out 1* 40s and 50s before moving to 2**, similar to how 2** players need a full team of 85s to really begin earning 3*** covers.

Don't agree with the change personally, but I'm not the one operating the game.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Soon as I sell off most of my 1*s for roster space here comes the last purple MN Mags I need icon_rolleyes.gif
  • tank tank tank.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well dam don't need the hood cover but I've only got 2 iw blues.
  • Looks like the halved the iso in the lone star skirmish packs (compared to last time).
  • 500hp for equivalent of 3500 ISO in the hero pack
    300hp for equivalent of 2100 ISO in the villain pack

Still represents better value for equivalence than you would get in the shop (for me £2.99 gets you 600 hp / 2100 iso, as a guide)
  • Damn! I was going to slack on this one but you make it an alliance event, and put IW Blue on top, the only cover in the game I don't have. Well played D3, well played icon_cry.gif
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    Damn! I was going to slack on this one but you make it an alliance event, and put IW Blue on top, the only cover in the game I don't have. Well played D3, well played icon_cry.gif
    don't have or don't have maxed?
  • The Ladder wrote:
    500hp for equivalent of 3500 ISO in the hero pack
    300hp for equivalent of 2100 ISO in the villain pack

Still represents better value for equivalence than you would get in the shop (for me £2.99 gets you 600 hp / 2100 iso, as a guide)
    Unless someone really wants a 1* cover, it's not worth it for me. You can make 4000 ISO by playing 10 minutes in 3 Lightning rounds and if you add 450 more on the 800 HP and you can level a 3* ability.
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    Damn! I was going to slack on this one but you make it an alliance event, and put IW Blue on top, the only cover in the game I don't have. Well played D3, well played icon_cry.gif
    don't have or don't have maxed?

Don't have at all. Blue is almost never offered as a reward recently. The only time I was close, they changed the targeting rules right at my final push (on the top, everyone can see you! - remember? ) and I missed it. Proof? My IW is 4.0.5 icon_lol.gif
  • I am loving this event. But mostly because I am 75% level ones, and I don't have to worry about refresh rates, or difficulty spikes. That simulator event is just making my brain hurt.
  • THOSE HOOD COVERS WILL BE MINE...... SO SWEARS I-AM-AMISH THE FIRST AND ONLY.

JUGS/MSTORM/IM35 ALL MAXED EXCEPT MSTORM. I knew there was a good reason to keep my 1*s
  • i-am-amish wrote:
    THOSE HOOD COVERS WILL BE MINE...... SO SWEARS I-AM-AMISH THE FIRST AND ONLY.

JUGS/MSTORM/IM35 ALL MAXED EXCEPT MSTORM. I knew there was a good reason to keep my 1*s
    I'd add maxed Venom and MWidow. For offence - Storm/Venom/IM35, for defence Juggs/IM35/Venom. Tons of hp, high damage, some defensive tricks (Protect Tiles and stun). I skip this team and I assume everyone will probably skip me as well.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    Juggs/IM35/Venom. Tons of hp, high damage, some defensive tricks (Protect Tiles and stun).

Yeah, I think I've only been hit about 10 times all day with this team, it's pretty nice and just fine on offense if you're just playing sporadically.