One star skirmish MAR 24 - MAR 26

Options

Comments

• djsquillz wrote:

I think there is a Daredevil comment somewhere in there, just begging to be made....

icon_e_wink.gif
  • Definitely this should have a reward structure aiming players doing ->** transition. So chance to win ** covers only, many and different ones both from progression and prizes.

But I guess the aim is to push people to have more slots than characters they actually use.
  • Vinny J wrote:
    djsquillz wrote:

I think there is a Daredevil comment somewhere in there, just begging to be made....

icon_e_wink.gif

well played vinny j...i didnt even consider that when writing it icon_lol.gif

crotch devil strikes again! ( or maybe this is the first time...seriously his abilities NEVER activate)

marc
  • I still have nightmares about Storm and Widow ripping me a new one from the last * star tourney..... icon_neutral.gif
  • I like these, even though i can't compete (don't have maxed 1*). It lets newer players get some shiny new stuff, and puts them on equal footing for once with others.

Plus it gives those new players reinforcement that their 1* leveling is useful.
  • i love these because of the even battlefield
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last time I didn't have IM and Venom, sold them earlier for roster space. And Juggernaut too, but leveled him again to ~25 levels to play for Psylocke, so played with Storm and Widow, practically.

I'd like to know how effective is armored assault against 1* only? Do protect tiles make a difference much? I can change IM from 5/3/5 to 5/5/3, have 2 yellow covers ready. Back when I had him he was only lvl 20~25 when I moved to 2* and had 3 or 4 yellow, so never really played with him maxed out.
  • coolbond wrote:
    i love these because of the even battlefield

I get it that it's even. But that just means that things get really repetitive really fast, like really repetitive really fast, like really repetitive really fast... icon_e_wink.gif

marc
  • Kolence wrote:
    Last time I didn't have IM and Venom, sold them earlier for roster space. And Juggernaut too, but leveled him again to ~25 levels to play for Psylocke, so played with Storm and Widow, practically.

I'd like to know how effective is armored assault against 1* only? Do protect tiles make a difference much? I can change IM from 5/3/5 to 5/5/3, have 2 yellow covers ready. Back when I had him he was only lvl 20~25 when I moved to 2* and had 3 or 4 yellow, so never really played with him maxed out.

It's not a huge difference, but five in yellow is better. Blue is seldom used outside of a finishing move, another round of stun or a little more damage isn't as good as boosting yellow, cause you'll cast a lot more assaults than freons. The protect tiles do make a difference, and it'll be the only yellow AP dump you have, might as well max it.
  • coolbond wrote:
    i love these because of the even battlefield
    Yes and no. People with more maxed 1* heroes will definitely have easier time. It worked for me last time - depending on the enemies I chose my team. For example when facing Jugger MBW was an obvious choice.
  • The battlefield might be even, but new players with mostly 1* rosters will not be healing in Prologue every third or fourth battle. Not anymore.
  • You can do respectable in these taking it slow and burning through health packs over the two days. They're definitely not last minute rush tourneys.
  • Twysta wrote:
    If I were to guess at the prizes for this I guess I would have to say BP or Thor?

I'm hoping for LazyCap, because he's not that interesting for me as a reward and I'm a little short on 1* chars.
  • There's a 0% chance of Lazy Cap covers. Not until the PVE ends.

Lazy Thor, Black Panther or Psylocke are more realistic guesses. Personally, I'd love Grey Widow (mine is 3/1/0) or Hulk (5/1/0), but I doubt either of those is going to happen.
  • Do not want... I will be tanking this one through and through as well.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    This one is all about keeping up slots. The only 1* I ever fully levelled was Iron Man. Was very close to selling him off too, these events have stopped me, and I have since fully levelled 1* Storm and will have fully levelled Juggs and BW over the course of the tournament. All would be gone if it wasn't for the ISO they earn during these tourneys, hope the 1* tourneys run every couple of weeks. They also give a chance for new players to compete, if these were around when I was starting I would have spent longer with my 1's.
  • A bit off topic, but... Someone (do not remember who, sorry), a few days/weeks ago, suggested to have a tournament based on 6* rules: the sum of of a team's stars could not exceed 6 ( 1 *** + 1 ** + 1* for instance). I thought the idea really good. I'd like to know whether IceIX has picked up the idea?
  • This one was a real health pack burner last time, keen to avoid that kind of madness this time around. Although it is kind of fun headbutting the **** out of people...
  • gahudahu wrote:
    A bit off topic, but... Someone (do not remember who, sorry), a few days/weeks ago, suggested to have a tournament based on 6* rules: the sum of of a team's stars could not exceed 6 ( 1 *** + 1 ** + 1* for instance). I thought the idea really good. I'd like to know whether IceIX has picked up the idea?
    The team I'm running now - MStorm + OBW + Punisher. Very powerful on offence. I wish they could do another round of No Man's Land. With new IW and Psylocke it will differ a lot from the previous edition.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    The team I'm running now - MStorm + OBW + Punisher. Very powerful on offence. I wish they could do another round of No Man's Land. With new IW and Psylocke it will differ a lot from the previous edition.

You run that really? No wonder you get ton of heat -- it's an attack magnet. And hardly anyone pass the retal too.