One star skirmish MAR 24 - MAR 26

Comments

• WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Just spent HP to add a spot for Juggernaut since I only had Storm and IM35 left. Now that I want some Juggernaut covers I'll probably get all Yelena and Hawkeye the rest of the weekend
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    So it's time for another Lightning-Strike-And-Then-Headbutt-The-Tinykitty-Out-Of-The-Opposing-Team tourney. Anyway, thumbs up, that was refreshing and fun the last time, despite the dreadfully limited roster available.
  • Time to save ISO to level my Juggs I guess?
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Wait? How do I tank if I can't use BagMan?
  • GumisK
    GumisK Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Moral wrote:
    Wait? How do I tank if I can't use BagMan?

Use Yelena instead icon_razz.gif
  • poomermon wrote:
    "One star is all you need" - From in game pop up screen.

I'm pretty sure the last one star event was called Lone star skirmish so there could be something different this time around. Maybe just a typo though. Anyway I'm starting to regret selling my maxed out IM35 for more roster space.

Maybe they ban mStorm and allow Bagman. (Guess he deserves the extra star for good support -- just played a few games against him in Sim, twice he used Snarky Remarks to increase count on the tile of his own goon. Really helpful guy he is.)
  • Ghast wrote:
    It will be nice to try this out again now that Respec is an option. The last 1* event ended just before that patch.

Yep, I respecced my IM35 to 5/5/3 form 4/4/5. I didn't even realize there's only 13 points available until it refused to apply my next red cover.
  • This is the one event I cannot realistically participate in. My roster contains every 2* and above character that is out. I only have one empty slot right now and Steve Rodgers has already taken a number and is standing in line.
  • widow is pretty weak on defense: juggs, im35, venom, m storm are probably the 4 best 1*s. Im sitting this one out unless its bp, lazythor, or peylocke covers.

My bet is on Loki prizes. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Sugarman wrote:
    This is the one event I cannot realistically participate in. My roster contains every 2* and above character that is out. I only have one empty slot right now and Steve Rodgers has already taken a number and is standing in line.

You can try to win it with just one storm and nothing else. icon_e_smile.gif Maybe even people would be kind enough to not attack you. I'd definitely consider to leave someone a go if see 300+ points and that solo team. Deserves the support really.
  • Oh man, I did well in the last one with storm vemon IM35 but i figured we wouldnt see this tourney again for a while so sold IM, might have to try this one 2 man style if at all
  • I went with a cookie cutter IM35/Storm/Widow team last time. I'm gonna try to replace Widow with Venom. At the time I didn't have enough roster slots to fit any other 1*s, but I was able to make space for Venom this time around. I think Widow is better for teams with only 1 tank, but against a team with both IM35 and Juggs, Venom should be better. I also think Venom should be a bit scarier on defense since I still have 1 damage dealer if IM35 gets stunlocked
  • noknuckles wrote:
    I went with a cookie cutter IM35/Storm/Widow team last time. I'm gonna try to replace Widow with Venom. At the time I didn't have enough roster slots to fit any other 1*s, but I was able to make space for Venom this time around. I think Widow is better for teams with only 1 tank, but against a team with both IM35 and Juggs, Venom should be better. I also think Venom should be a bit scarier on defense since I still have 1 damage dealer if IM35 gets stunlocked

I used my team from first days, IM 50/storm 38/BW 20. guess restricted myself to forest fights. IIRC made the top5 despite handicap of the underleveled team. (have jusgs and venom at 26 too, shifted to **s too fast).

It was fun for a few rounds but turned into boredom very fast. Didn't expect back so soon.
  • noknuckles wrote:
    I went with a cookie cutter IM35/Storm/Widow team last time. I'm gonna try to replace Widow with Venom. At the time I didn't have enough roster slots to fit any other 1*s, but I was able to make space for Venom this time around. I think Widow is better for teams with only 1 tank, but against a team with both IM35 and Juggs, Venom should be better. I also think Venom should be a bit scarier on defense since I still have 1 damage dealer if IM35 gets stunlocked

I ran venom at 5/4 lv35 to keep the stun cheap and did very well. If you can stand the monotony my preferred snack was IM35, widow, storm. Kill storm first then widow, save venom's stun to keep IM from using his big abilities on you and use your own to throw out protect tiles and finish the job. It was a remarkably efficient team for that environment I must say especially in the forest.

Any decent team should do well though, just be prepared to go the distance. You can beat nearly everyone but everyone can beat you too so have to manage your score well, put in lots of effort, use shields where you need to and any decent 1* team can do well. Try not to get headbutted icon_e_smile.gif
  • Lvl 230 bagmen in coming?
  • I find the 1* tourneys to be boring and ultra grindy because most people run the same team of maxed level covers.

Oh Great, ANOTHER Juggs, Storm, IM35 fight... icon_evil.gif

I don't see myself getting to the 100 point progression reward before i kick myself in the ****...which will be less painful than having to endure another event with limited roster choices (i'm looking at you Heroic Juggs).

Good luck to everyone who plans to grind this one out.

marc
  • I hope the prize isn't lazy Thor.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I'm not a huge fan of these because it's literally just the same fight over and over and over.

This is the only occassion when I start to think having some more 1*'s would be good.
    But other than for this tournament they'd be pretty redundant.
  • M1Lance
    M1Lance Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I wouldnt mind more 1* characters being added and having these tourneys be a semi-regular thing. Also would like to see a 2* tourney for those of us that have moved on to 3* chars.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think I could cope with them being a semi-regular thing.
    Especially when they give out 4* and 3* rewards.
    Maybe if they only gave out 2* covers and the rewards were reduced so that the newer player (who you'd think the event was designed for) would have more of a chance of building up their roster properly and I wouldn't worry so much about competing in it.