I so love that psylocke is needed for this

Options
Enough already.

Yes, I don't have one. And here we go again with another event where she is needed for 3! Locked otherwise if you don't have her, events.

Stop it devs. I am not paying money for loonies to get her. Either make some event where the reward is these covers or quit making it needed.

Same goes for patch, black panther and new Thor.

I play this game every day, a lot, and I mean a lot, and I am stuck in that dreaded mid tier area where I have to fight enemies that are better than my covers in both pvp and pve events.

So it's a grind. And then to be blocked out of a way to actually get up the board to where I might win a cover is insulting.

Comments

• They just had a tourney where psylocke was a reward. I got two of her cards. I don't have the best roster either but sometimes you just gotta work with what you got and make it happen.
  • Enough already.

Yes, I don't have one. And here we go again with another event where she is needed for 3! Locked otherwise if you don't have her, events.

Stop it devs. I am not paying money for loonies to get her. Either make some event where the reward is these covers or quit making it needed.

Same goes for patch, black panther and new Thor.

I play this game every day, a lot, and I mean a lot, and I am stuck in that dreaded mid tier area where I have to fight enemies that are better than my covers in both pvp and pve events.

So it's a grind. And then to be blocked out of a way to actually get up the board to where I might win a cover is insulting.

You obviously don't play every day, she was handed out as a reward for the LoT tournament earlier this week.
  • I hope everyone has figured out that if you join a tournament close to the end it is easier to place better. So getting 3* covers isn't much of a challenge if you take an hour or two out of your day twice a week. Now if it's pve, that's another story, but psylocke is old news already. Don't worry though, she won't be required in round 2. But I'm guessing BP or MThor will.
  • Psylocke is featured in round 1. There are 4 rounds. A different character will be featured in each round. Come Sunday she'll be out of your hair.
  • jozier wrote:

You obviously don't play every day, she was handed out as a reward for the LoT tournament earlier this week.

A reward for what? Placing high?

Because see... That's what I mean about being mid tier. I can't place high because of the stupid rubber banding and having to constantly fight enemies better than my covers.
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    I hope everyone has figured out that if you join a tournament close to the end it is easier to place better. So getting 3* covers isn't much of a challenge if you take an hour or two out of your day twice a week. Now if it's pve, that's another story, but psylocke is old news already. Don't worry though, she won't be required in round 2. But I'm guessing BP or MThor will.

I think this is part of it for sure.

I play too much. Instead of jumping in at the end I just play and play and play.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2014
    Options
    jozier wrote:

Because see... That's what I mean about being mid tier. I can't place high because of the stupid rubber banding and having to constantly fight enemies better than my covers.

He was talking about the tournament, not the PvE event. There's no rubberbanding in PvP tournaments, only MMR.

Edit: Here's a link to the thread about the tournament: Lord of Thunder PvP Event 3/17/14
  • jozier wrote:

You can easily get 1 of any 3* cover in a tourney if you play it right with ANY roster whether you maximize rubber band and optimal play time in PVE or manage your MMR and get into the right bracket in PVP
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Luckily I already had a couple Psy, but that was the tournament that crashed in the last 15 mins and screwed a lot of us out of getting more... icon_e_sad.gif
  • There was a Psylocke reward for ranks 26 to 50 so I'm curious what your roster looks like. Worldrevolver, are you in an alliance so I can check it out?
  • Ok I need to poke around here and figure out how to get into better pvp brackets because I usually am only paired up against maxed thorns and wolveys.
  • There was a Psylocke reward for ranks 26 to 50 so I'm curious what your roster looks like. Worldrevolver, are you in an alliance so I can check it out?

Nope I am not but I want to join one. I am #234 in the simulator right now.
  • I was fortunate. got a psylocke from that last tourney, so now I can actually do all the nodes.
  • <3 Psylocke
  • I guess posting this worked. Just got her with a token.

Friday victory!
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    I guess posting this worked. Just got her with a token.

Friday victory!

Was it blue?

Please tell me it wasn't blue.
  • I guess posting this worked. Just got her with a token.

Friday victory!

congrats...now get to grinding those nodes where shes required and stop talking to us. icon_e_wink.gif

marc
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Well some players got 1/1/1 Psylocke from the first Sim; then 2/2/2 from a Magneto tourney or something; then there was a 1* star only tourney which awarded Psylocke too; then the Brotherhood event (I think it was Brotherhood) was giving out her covers as well; then the lazyThor tourney; now the 2nd Sim is giving her covers. I missed the 1* star tourney and still have a 3/3/5 Psylocke. 3/3/3 from tourneys and PvE, 2 from token pulls. You must be a VERY recent player or not playing every day, totally.
  • I might be setting myself up for a flaming here, but it's kind of annoying me in this thread that the consensus is "If you don't have Psylocke then you're a recent player or clearly you don't play every day". Maybe his MMR is screwed and he doesn't know about tanking (like anyone not on the forums aka most players), or he's been quite unlucky...

...or maybe, just maybe, he's not very good at the game?
  • I might be setting myself up for a flaming here, but it's kind of annoying me in this thread that the consensus is "If you don't have Psylocke then you're a recent player or clearly you don't play every day". Maybe his MMR is screwed and he doesn't know about tanking (like anyone not on the forums aka most players), or he's been quite unlucky...
    The poster has racked up almost 100 posts in three months, so I doubt that he doesn't understand the game mechanics and metagame at this stage. If he doesn't it's his own fault.
    ...or maybe, just maybe, he's not very good at the game?
    Or just trollin'.