The crashes have returned...

Comments

• elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Stupid game crashed on me again this morning during my second Crash attempt (how coincidental, I know). It wouldn't be as bad if I wasn't using boosts that cost real money (e.g. all AP boost).
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    I've crashed twice this morning, a few times yesterday aswell they seem to be very frequent in the last week or so.

Playing on a Samsung s4 mini.. latest version of android.

I would accept it if i wasn't suffering a health hit everytime and i know stuff ain't perfect but the frequency compared to a month ago is far higher, so much so that i am actually outright noticing it enough to keep a count, it's hard enough doing this dark avengers event as it is with the game crashing n burning my health aswell.

edit - 5 mins later make that 3 crashes.. theres something about that node in Thick as Thieves (Scotland Yard VI) two crashes on it and i've only got 1 clear so far
  • Branstorm
    Branstorm Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Mine crashed on me a few times yesterday. I would complete a node and win and then bam it would just restart.. I still got my rewards though..
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Crashed right now... PvP as always. Suprisingly not after starting the match, but during enemies move in mid-game...
  • llamamancer
    llamamancer Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    I've been getting these crashes too on a daily basis for weeks now. Playing through Steam on Windows 10.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Still crashing every day as I enter a battle.

eta: Seems worse with this update. Have crashed 3 times in last 10 or so battles.
  • Realstuff_NameChange
    Realstuff_NameChange Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Happening to me too, multiple times a day. Also on steam. Not only burning through healthpacks like crazy, but also losing pvp points and losing queued pvp opponents worth decent points and playtime when playing in the last X minute of events. This has cost me CP more than once now when I finish an event 3 points shy of a progression because it crashed 4 times while playing :/
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Happens to me too all the time.
    Most frustrating thing ever.
    I've lost thousands of points and lost tens of thousands of potential iso from losing seed teams.
    For a game which is dependant on stability... it's not at all stable.

...even better is CS won't compensate you at all. Even though it's clearly a problem on their end.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Seems that one thing will never change in this game: multiple crashes.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Just a quick post to say that I play on PC through Steam an experiences regular game crashes like the other posters (during board loading).
    What worry me the most is that the frequency of those crashes seems to increase steadily. A crash during a pve fight isn't a big deal but during a hop in pvp, this can be catastrophic. You spend hp to shield, spend time to load the best target in your node, wait several hours to do this fight, unshield, start fight and.... <Marvel Puzzle Quest has stopped working> icon_eek.gif
  • Crashing several times in the last few days again. Same as usual, as the board loads, the crash happens after the last row of tiles falls into place.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Will this ever get fixed? It's so much "enjoying" to enter the Lightning Round, get crash in the first match and loose all these seed teams...
    Playing on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,749 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xzasxz wrote:
    Will this ever get fixed? It's so much "enjoying" to enter the Lightning Round, get crash in the first match and loose all these seed teams...
    Playing on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.

Never gonna get fixed, they're too busy screwing up other parts of the game, like AP costs in R117 icon_rolleyes.gif

I feel your pain, had exactly the same happening yesterday in the first LR and to add insult to injury, I've now gotten two 2* covers out of 58 rounds... PvP is utter sh1%£ and looks like LR is going the same way.
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    I have been consistently reporting this at least once a week - including sending in Screen Shots as proof. After much back and forth, I was told by customer support that I am "literally" the only user on PC reporting this issue. As such, they consider it to be a non-issue. However, they did acknowledge that it was an issue for Mobile users, and they are "looking into it."
  • Twysta
    I've e-mailed CS a couple of times about this.

I just crashed again after breaking shield. So breaking shield to lose points and lose my target, to go back into the game with less points, no targets and having to reshield at a loss... of everything.
    icon_eek.gif

Aes has e-mailed CS a few times about this too.
    CS should be well aware of this 'common' crash. Especially for PC, but alas.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,168 Chairperson of the Boards
    I posted this in another thread in General Discussion but I'm posting it here again in case any Dev's are reading this or any PC players want to try and help diagnose the problem. I play on an Android phone or else I'd do this test.

My personal theory (still trying to confirm by recalling exactly what I last saw just before crashes) is what happens is the server is pushing an unsolicited message to the app that happens to arrive just when the battle starts. I never got these crashes until after I joined an alliance. Now when I get the crash I often notice on re-start that I suddenly have a waiting alliance message that wasn't there before I started the battle (as if the server suddenly pushed it when it realized my app went 'live' on my phone). I also often see on re-start a new message I didn't have before (ie store sale, new hero vault available, game update available etc) which is once again a new message/content pushed when my phone app went live that I didn't have/see before.

This theory could be VERY easily tested by a PC player who has Wireshark. You just run Wireshark and set up to capture data but don't hit the start button. Then you set up for a battle. Go back to Wireshark and start capturing data. Then click to start your battle. Wait 4-5 seconds to see if crash occurs. Stop the data capture and save it. Repeat a couple times for no crash scenario. Eventually capture a couple of crash scenarios. Compare the the capture data and see if when a crash happens there is anything different received from the server. If someone captured the data from crash/non-crash and uploaded I could easily tell if there was anything different received.

NOTE: IOS doesn't support multi-tasking like Android/PC's do. Since IOS users are not experiencing the same crashes it points more and more to multi-threading issue which may support my unsolicited messages from the server or message out of order from the server.

KGB
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    On PC/Steam the crashes on battle start always, always happen at the exact same moment. The board falls into place and at the exact moment that control over the UI should transition to the player, the entire thing crashes.

Given this 100% consistency, if I were calling the shots on this game's development I'd have made sure some crash monitoring and reporting would be running to collect these crashes so that the call stacks could be analyzed to determine the exact crash point and figure out the root cause.

Yet, it's been over 2 years since this type of crash first surfaced and here we still are.
    This is fast becoming completely ridiculous.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    a2d8fb0031.jpg

It's at least once a day for me without fail. I've come to expect it.

After taking this image, I realize the skills for the characters never loaded. Maybe it's an issue with that.

Somewhere after the pieces fall but before the abilities load in.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Can always tell when a new update has come through, because my crashes spike about 400%. icon_mad.gif
  • Twysta
    Losing over 50 points in the last few minutes of an LR to a seed team because of a crash... priceless.