The crashes have returned...

sinburn
sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
I play on PC, and it is the same as before. I select my roster and boosts, go to start a match, the screen pops up to load the characters, and before I can take my first turn:
Black screen & a Windows pop-up that states that Marvel Puzzle Quest has stopped working.

This started during the third day of the Gauntelet, and has also occurred during the fourth day and just now during this latest Deadpool event.

This is the same <insert Black Bolt scream to cover obsentities> issue that I, and other players, recieved Health Packs (in my case, 20+) to compensate for.

And I gotta be honest, it wouldn't be such a big <insert Black Bolt once more> deal if it didn't cost Health Packs (both before entering the match and after to recover from it), previous character health, whatever boosts we used, and counting as a loss automatically because you can't seem (or don't want to lo$e your profit$ from it) to figure out a better way to determine if someone is leaving a PvP match early.

Also, getting sent tips on how to troubleshoot it on Mobile when I clearly tell the support staff that I play on PC through Steam EVERYTIME I report it, is kinda a kick in the <Queue Blackagar Boltagon>, and a HUGE <Quasi-Sonic Scream> off as a PC player.

Comments

• TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    edited September 2016
    Guess I need to to the mods job for them........

Here are some more crash reports, from players :

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50938
  • TLCstormz
    My contribution, from DDQ on Tuesday, "On my last hit to down Loki in the 2* wave nodes, my game closed itself.

Which is exactly what was happeneding to a lot of people a few months ago, in the 2* wave node against Dr Doomsington.

Maybe it's just because my Facebook was updating at the time, though."
  • TLCstormz
    Others players :

"just had the game crash twice on me in the last 15 minutes...such an annoying way to lose matches. I am on PC/Steam as well and while it has happened rarely, this is the first time I have had multiple back to back crashes since I started playing nearly 2 years ago."

"Lost a couple lightning seeds today to crashes."

"Four times. Game stability is rough right now."
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I have also seen multiple crashes on PC recently. Since 9/12 I've got 6 crash dump files. Prior to that, the last one I had was on 7/17. So things were stable for a couple of months until the last release.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    rixmith wrote:
    I have also seen multiple crashes on PC recently. Since 9/12 I've got 6 crash dump files. Prior to that, the last one I had was on 7/17. So things were stable for a couple of months until the last release.

Yeah, I was about to come in here and say that I've had almost one crash every day since the update, but that it was pretty reliable for a while before that. Seems like every few updates, they break it again, and it's not at all fun starting up and match and holding my breath while wondering if it's going to screw me over.
  • Just to let you know that my game crashed at the worst possible time. I loaded up a Versus opponent with 5 minutes left in the event. The board falls into place and then Windows tells me MPQ has stopped working. I had added multiple boosts including +2 to all AP and +50% match damage. Needless to say I was very disappointed, especially since I lost all these boosts for nothing! Please fix this ASAP! My game has been crashing about once every 2-3 days (I'm a daily player).
  • Game just crashed again. Just now.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    I am getting PC crashes too, on 2 separate PCs. Usually in the middle of a match.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    yes the crashes still are happening, but what is worse there is no return to match option (like in dota). If it crashes in a PvP you will take a loss which makes no sense. You should be given 5 minutes or so to return to the match with not taking a loss or suffer hp loss.
  • My MPQ just crashed twice in the last 10 minutes. It's the same story every time. The board loads, the pieces fall into place, then the window, "Marvel Puzzle Quest has stopped working..."
  • sinburn
    sinburn Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    It's getting really old. Happens almost every day that I play now, and it NEVER seems to be addressed.
  • aura
    aura Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    It very rarely happened before, but recently it has been out of hand.

I've had it crash on me at least three times in the past day. It's the crash that occurs when the match is starting. It has to be something related to the most recent update since it very rarely (maybe once?) happened before.

I'm on Steam.
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Yep. At least once a day for the past week or so I get a crash at the start of a board. Both PvE and PvP on Steam/PC.

This is going to make any special anniversary event REALLY annoying. Considering how this year's party should be an apology for last year, it would be a shame to ruin it with a technical glitch.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Unplayable on Android.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I use Steam/Windows 10
    This started happening recently as well since around 2 patches ago. I crash about 2-3 times a day on my laptop. From other PC it crashes a few times as well. It is not specific to the device. I've only used windows 10 so unsure if it is an issue with windows 7 at all.

I mainly do PVP so it really sucks to lose so many points. It makes doing shield hops almost too much of a risk now. I am just not bothering with 1200 point progression and using 1 shield
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Crashing on Android...

34a6ea8c8bac644199b7db69edd010dd.jpg
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Same is happening to me. I've had at least 6-7 crashes in the past few days. I'm strained on Health Packs since I'm trying to do all the anniversary stuff and this is not helping.
  • Marrussia13
    Marrussia13 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Today I bought ios but nothing I did not get any,money from the account minus **** icon_eek.gif
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steam user...game has crashed 4 times in the past hour. The crashes are getting worse...please fix this ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or find a way for the game to not penalize us for it being unstable....either or is fine by me.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I have to join above comments on Steam version. I know this bug since I play, crashes when drops fall together at game start (I hate that interrupted sound it makes then), but it only happend rarely, 1-2 times per month or so. But since two or three weeks the amount of crashes raised drastically, one or two times per day at least. Just had three in a row during a shield hop, that was quite frustrating.