Update to Mission Rewards in The Gauntlet

124»

Comments

• monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    So by entire week you mean except for the last day of the Hood PVP and then when Deadpool vs. MPQ starts on Thursday? And then the end of the Thor PVP on Friday?
    Don't forget the Lightning rounds!

Yep, don't forget LR's! Like I said in there, if only LR's ran 24/7 I'd be here a bunch today!

I like the idea of gauntlet running all season-long...but I like the idea of many more events running simultaneously so players have more option of CHOICE - when to play, what to play, how much to play. And D3 benefits - players want to play more? Health packs baby!

Gauntlet being re-shaped into PvE's version of SHIELD Simulator is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time. Keep the current reward structure, change the cover rewards every season like SHIELD Sim does, and it would be amazing. It would be very much like the unlock of Prologue I've heard people asking for.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Getting close to finishing Gauntlet up (at least, one clear of every node). My 5/3/1 Venom will be super-happy to get that yellow cover.

When it comes to the 4* cover selection, keep in mind it's always the essential 4* for the next PVE, which in this case is DP vs MPQ so no matter what it would be a villain. That restricts the pool to Kingpin, Rulk, Venom, and Carnage, right? Not exactly a treasure-trove of brand new, undercovered goodness there.

(Yeah, yeah, everyone would love a Rulk cover, but they can't just go there for every villain-centric PVE.)

Aside from giving us more progression points, the biggest icon_question.gif I have is the disconnect between having an 80-item vault with only 3 token pulls total. Either cut down on the items in the vault or give us more tokens along the way, please. Spending spideycoin.png on an 80-item vault is a statistically bad decision, so what's the point of the legendary token and three 4* covers in that vault when next to no one is going to pull them. May as well not even have a vault and just give us heroic tokens instead.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    I generally spend 100hp on the daily vault special. Just treat the vaults like a take it or leave it thing.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    I don't like the gauntlet but 500 iso for first match is a good incentive to play. Thanks for hearing icon_mrgreen.gif
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    This has been fun. Except for the one fight that was Iron Fist / Luke Cage / Blade. I could have had that fight any day, just by playing Sim PvP icon_lol.gif

Rewards have been pretty good for me too. I don't need the Venom, (except maybe for the next event?) but the iso-8 has been good, and I look forward to going back and claiming a bunch of XP. A bit of even stronger "play when you feel like it" is a nice break.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    I didn't say "Let's do it exactly the same way every time." Come on, now
    But your all-caps love note didn't seem like you had any beef with it. Personally, I think it still needs a lot of work to keep me from feeling like we're getting screwed out of awards by not having a regular PvE award structure for a whole week.

I can see that. Forgive me my excitement at getting to play my favorite event again, won't you? For the record, I'm with you on rewards. If Gauntlet were squared to offer similar overall rewards as Iso-Bros, we'd be all set to hold hands and sing Kumbaya!
  • Iso is great but the Progression rewards are terrible. Thats a lot of effort and health packs for a pretty bad set of rewards.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Wasn't that bad, you can't really assign a value to a long break. Got done in 6hrs and spent the next day farming iso and xp before my 4thor covers expired.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    If Gauntlet were squared to offer similar overall rewards as Iso-Bros, we'd be all set to hold hands and sing Kumbaya!
    I'm more of a head-down-fist-in-the-air kinda guy, but yeah, pretty much...
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gauntlet has served as a good metric on roster progression. Every time it runs I inch a little further toward final progression. It does punish younger rosters with unplayable nodes. But my early beatings gave me that metric, so I consider it part of the game.

I'm loving the 500 Iso/node. I'm seeing my bank climb to the point that I might actually be able to use 4* covers I know are coming from the 3* champs. All the recent changes are helping me in a significant way.
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Chronicler wrote:
    When it comes to the 4* cover selection, keep in mind it's always the essential 4* for the next PVE, which in this case is DP vs MPQ so no matter what it would be a villain. That restricts the pool to Kingpin, Rulk, Venom, and Carnage, right? Not exactly a treasure-trove of brand new, undercovered goodness there.

(Yeah, yeah, everyone would love a Rulk cover, but they can't just go there for every villain-centric PVE.)

This is fixed so easily: Move the Venom cover to where you would win the Punisher cover and replace the current Venom cover with 50CP.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    I assume that the public focus shifting to clearance levels means that this dropped off the radar....

While the ISO mission rewards were great... the progression rewards is still laughable when stacked up against other PVP.

Mind you the counter argument is that to hit max progression you only need to beat each mission once.... with 20 nodes in each sub in gauntlet, and needing to do 27+ clears to hit progression in a normal PVE, it seems would be doing less work... mind you, 12 of the clears in normal PVE are against easy nodes...

I love the Gauntlet but believe that the rewards are insufficient for the pain and challenge.